DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

AnantS

Country flag
This is not a new stuff first time this 'Super Hind' was revealed in South Africa by certain ATE group during 1998, they seemed to be restarting this program in emergence of russian SMO in ukraine
it's already in limited service with Algeria and Azerbaijan

not photoshop at all it's real thing just not that appreciated
yep now i remember seeing this video earlier. I think then this mou more for upgrading heli outside india, while doing upgrades here.

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
yep now i remember seeing this video earlier. I think then this mou more for upgrading heli outside india, while doing upgrades here.
well we have 15 some Mi-35 left here which are getting overhauled in Russia, rest we 'donated' some of Mi-35 to Afghanistan which ended up with Talibanis now 😒 ; and with Apache in place i don't think IAF would be that keen to keep Mi-35 fleet ongoing for much long, maxx 10 years

If IAF had any proper plans for upgrading Mi-35 here they AT LEAST probably would've asked for putting that same M621 20mm automatic gun of Prachand, Rudra on Mi-35 for both commonality and increased firepower - as that 12.7x108mm Yak-B quad barreled gatling gun lacked firepower to effectively penetrate newer gen armoured vehicles etc; rest missiles and things are just afterthoughts

I can be persuaded if they offer this baby
View attachment 194754
it was on offer by russia for that IAF tender for gunships here, both Mi-28 and Ka-52
but IAF chose Apache so 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Anandhu Krishna

40-80.

I have one doubt. In the RFI, Air Force states that the required capacity is 18-30 tons. So, if it is less than 18 or more than 30 so it won't qualify. If that is the case then only contenders will be C-130J, Il-276 and C-390.
A400m and if the Japanese offer, C2

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
Yesterday's ITCM test with Manik STFE was a success.

View attachment 194660

In any case, the basic airframe , guidance and nav , warhead & other building blocks required to make a subsonic cruise missile have been validated already multiple times and are ready for serial production. What needed to be perfected was the Indian Manik engine and looks like we are finally there . Earlier tests were with NPO 36 MT .
If this is the case, wouldn't it have been better if we just bought a 100 missiles with the Russian engine. And the tests go on in the mean time. Once the engine is ready, put an order for a few hundred more. Any reason why this wasn't done?

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
If this is the case, wouldn't it have been better if we just bought a 100 missiles with the Russian engine. And the tests go on in the mean time. Once the engine is ready, put an order for a few hundred more. Any reason why this wasn't done?
We could have done that but it was too logical for defence ministry
So they abandoned the original program and started itcm program
They could have integrated that missile on ships,subs,jets by now if they had ordered

Chinmoy

Country flag
How you are going to estimate the number of missiles required?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Just a guess on my part that if we are developing a missile, we might be needing a few hundred at least.
Yes we require it and so we are developing it.

My point is, when you said we should have ordered 100 missiles and should have gone ahead with the development, how are you going to decide on the number you want to order with Russian engine?

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Yes we require it and so we are developing it.

My point is, when you said we should have ordered 100 missiles and should have gone ahead with the development, how are you going to decide on the number you want to order with Russian engine?
IG he doesnt care about exact number, just that we establish and get production going without waiting for 100% Indigenisation.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Yes; it would have tarnished our image of being state of the art and cutting edge.

Another interesting and quite funny thing to note here; except for Nirbhay we've always done this thing only.
We import something and then slowly increase the indigenous content in it. That's why you have a ceremony every week in some PSU or other with title similar to "successful indigenisation of rear axle connector pin of Su-30MkI"

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Atleast pic to original laga lete
I am more in favour of turning swift into a drone from testbed itself idk about this
...pic of some other product
...mentioning cruise speed in m/s
...feeling the need to explicitly mention that the camera is high quality and also HD
...thinking that "images and live video streaming" is a capability that should be mentioned
...calling "without ground communication" anti-radar navigation

Why it feels like 90% of Indian defence start-ups?