DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

skunk works

Country flag
And people would ask, why govt is not allocating fund for AMCA.
Investment partners?? Is GOI still expecting private companies to front tens of millions of $ for R&D???
What Indian company has that kind of money lying around? BC economic survey g***d me daal liye ho kya.

skunk works

Country flag
Autonomous/Automatic retargeting & missiles to missiles data link - wolf pack
The Granit did something similar back in 1969. Out of a missile Salvo, the missiles 'elect' one missile.as the leader.
This missile then climbs higher and illuminates the target with its radar, and sends target information to the other missiles, who are flying wavetop level, below enemy radar.
Thus only one missile is vulnerable to interception.
If the leader missile is intercepted by the enemy, the missiles elect another leader, which then climbs up to altitude to continue radar tracking of the target.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Investment partners?? Is GOI still expecting private companies to front tens of millions of $ for R&D???
What Indian company has that kind of money lying around? BC economic survey g***d me daal liye ho kya.
Bhaiya the potential of getting understanding of advanced tech and manufacturing possibility for a private cos which doesn't knows much even for components will be highly beneficial but I don't believe in private cos for any aeronautical sh*t, HAL will do , first let some private company come up with atleast it's own male UAV or basic trainer aircrafts then we can talk about their interest in aeronautics, but till now all they are willing to do is screwdrivergiri.
Only private cos which seem to ready to innovate are the startups and a few already established ones like MKU and Solar.

skunk works

Country flag
Bhaiya the potential of getting understanding of advanced tech and manufacturing possibility for a private cos which doesn't knows much even for components will be highly beneficial but I don't believe in private cos for any aeronautical sh*t, HAL will do , first let some private company come up with atleast it's own male UAV or basic trainer aircrafts then we can talk about their interest in aeronautics, but till now all they are willing to do is screwdrivergiri.
Only private cos which seem to ready to innovate are the startups and a few already established ones like MKU and Solar.
While the allure of exotic technology should be a good attraction, you and I know this philosophy is simply not ingrained in us as Indians at all.
The reason westerners rnd up pioneering so many technologies is that they can adopt non-matured tech and take a risk with it.
Meanwhile our imported air force wants F-16 level product without paying in advance for F-5 level technologies.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
How about this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MGM-166_LOSAT
Maybe a interest of research for drdo
There is a fine line between clever and wise.

Making an APFSDS without using a gun and this process creating the only guided APFSDS; is 80kg missile capable of travelling at Mach 5 and generating so much much of kinetic energy at a distance of 4km that no warhead is required...clever

A small COTS drone light enough to be carried in backpack and armed with a 2kg warhead which is more than enough to penetrate the thin roof armour at a distance of more than 10km...wise