DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Wonder why OFB never bothered with a longer handguard and an adjustable stock for the MAG

like what Norinco did and in a lighter package too
Well for one OFB never innovated on anything. Even the lighter MAG we are seeing in 1st pic is ARDE designed. Now just see that even after having some of the best designs in the world present, ARDE has come up with this sorry ass of piece in 2020+, maybe be good for 2010+ but not certainly for now.
Not saying that the gun functionality is bad or maybe it is since brainiacs didn't even moved the ejection port to side and the ergonomics are horrific. Do they expect soldiers to lug ammo Rambo style and not in boxes.

Norinco on the other hand has really put out many good pieces of equipments in almost all calibres. It's a small arms giant. For those who shout private private, NORINCO is state owned mind it. Designing capabilities at Norinco seems to be at par with western counterparts.

This is one area where I say that shut this OFB\AWEIL trap since all these years they have innovated nothing on their own. In Indian context OFB is only good for making license production that too of high failure rate.

For time coming let's see if our own private cos which can design, develop and manufacture guns in India comes up. Simply there is no other option as of now, atleast not in the bloody OFB. And I also don't see reforms which can even make OFB, one fourth of Norinco.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Khaganthak Glide Bomb by JSR Dynamics (posting pic’s directly again as @porky_kicker loves deleting posts on SM after a short duration😂.
View attachment 187143View attachment 187144
View attachment 187145
Possibly Light Weight Cruise Missile.
View attachment 187146
CFD of Glide Bombs separation from SU-30MKI and warheads of various missiles of JSR Missiles on the racks.
Here see this for more pics and products profile.

Interestingly things have increased here from the last time I visited JSR site.
See the last 2 vid clips, looks like actual work is going on atleast the glide bomb. This area of design & development of missiles and bombs is already a very risk proposition and we have here a company which is doing something. Hope they can attract investors and get the help they need to make it a success.

kharabela

Fatalis

Country flag
Not sure if this was discussed here but ins anvesh seems to have two different types of launchers SLS that we already know in yellow and a VLS in red which wasnt known previously...the vls seems to have very large dimensions...could it be our own UVLS?!

View attachment 187059
I am not sure if the one in the red are VLS. IMO, they can be the exhaust system for the SLS. That might explain their height being on the taller side to protect the surroundings. Not sure though.

flanker99

Country flag
I am not sure if the one in the red are VLS. IMO, they can be the exhaust system for the SLS. That might explain their height being on the taller side to protect the surroundings. Not sure though.
good point but the vls is named s1,s2... if it was just the exhaust of the same system then i dont think it would have different names but its really hard to tell what it could be from the pics we have

Fatalis

Country flag
good point but the vls is named s1,s2... if it was just the exhaust of the same system then i dont think it would have different names but its really hard to tell what it could be from the pics we have
S1 can correspond to the exhaust of VLS named A1. Similarly,

A2 <-> S2
A3 <-> S3
A4 <-> S4

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
They had shown some of their plans

Also developing 250-300 Km Guided Rockets.

Yup know it but unless a test takes place, all bets are off. Testing in itself would consume a tons of funds and still then there is no guarantee that the user that is armed forces will induct the said system so I don't know how may of them will be successful, that's why let hope be with them.
On rockets let's see if the solar group can make their Maheshwarastra sooner than JSR ones, which they probably will as better resources and funding is avilable to them.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Any idea which of the REK is being inducted, we have two REK kits both with and without wings and one standalone LRGB design.
1671985461130.png

1671985474041.png

1671985545194.png

Still to see a DRDO poster on TARA though, seems to be similar in concept to winged PGHSLD. Maybe TARA has a rocket booster in tail as the name implies range augmentation or maybe not. Anyway we'll be set in air to ground weapons pretty soon except cruise missiles which is a downer that nirbhay has still not been tested and proven effectively and I guess all subsonic cruise missiles programme might suffer bcoz of this.

flanker99

Country flag
S1 can correspond to the exhaust of VLS named A1. Similarly,

A2 <-> S2
A3 <-> S3
A4 <-> S4
i dont see the need to name exhaust of each cell differently ..they could just keep it A something ....imo different designation here means different purpose(i could be wrong)

NutCracker

Country flag
Just a small question....... Where it is written that IA wants a 50 km range artillery?

In none of the article it is mentioned that IA has sought a 50 km range artillery.
Question should be asked to IA that why they are not mentioning the required minimum range. Is that not a factor?
Was DRDO conveyed that 40~km range or even 35km would've been fine for IA.

Had the ATAGS weight been less than 15T but range slightly less than ATHOS , imbeciles would've put up a minimum range requirement in RFI instead of Weight,

and then you and I would've been discussing about "where is the weight requirement written🤡"

skunk works

Country flag
Question should be asked to IA that why they are not mentioning the required minimum range. Is that not a factor?
Was DRDO conveyed that 40~km range or even 35km would've been fine for IA.

Had the ATAGS weight been less than 15T but range slightly less than ATHOS , imbeciles would've put up a minimum range requirement in RFI instead of Weight,

and then you and I would've been discussing about "where is the weight requirement written🤡"
Don't worry, junta will stop asking questions and will approve $$$ for le wunderwaffen import as soon as we get our ass handed to us at the LAC.

Articles