DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

standard snowball

Country flag
QUESTION : ARE WE DEVELOPING ANY INDIGENIOUS ENGINE FOR OUR TANKS AND OTHER SIMILAR COMBAT VEHICLES, LIKE THE TURKS.
WE HAVE SO MANY AUTOMOBILE GIANTS WHY ARE WE UNABLE TO MAKE A DECENT 1500HP ENGINE

kharabela

standard snowball

Country flag
BEML opened facility to manufacture bharat powerpack 1500hp engine in karnataka recently

1500 HP Bharat Power Pack.
SO NO PRIVATE PARTICIPATION, DON'T YOU GUYS THINK A PRIVATE AUTOMOTIVE GIANT LIKE MAHINDRA OR TATA COULD BUILT A BETTER ENGINE IN LESS TIME AND WITH BETTER RELIABILITY.
APPARENTLY THIS BHARAT POWEPACK IS IN THE WORKS SINCE 2010, SEEMS LIKE BEML IS TAKING AN AWFUL LOT OF TIME

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
SO NO PRIVATE PARTICIPATION, DON'T YOU GUYS THINK A PRIVATE AUTOMOTIVE GIANT LIKE MAHINDRA OR TATA COULD BUILT A BETTER ENGINE IN LESS TIME AND WITH BETTER RELIABILITY.
APPARENTLY THIS BHARAT POWEPACK IS IN THE WORKS SINCE 2010, SEEMS LIKE BEML IS TAKING AN AWFUL LOT OF TIME
What do you understand by industry participation, and secondly , show me one one 1500 ho class engine from tata or Mahindra , and not just power ,it should have enough torque

WarmongerLSK

Country flag
My guy, press the caps button on your keyboard and write like a sane human being.

Blademaster

Why are you typing in ALL CAPS? Are you screaming at us? Typing in ALL CAPS means you are screaming at us as per internet etiquette.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I wished they had mounted it similar to MF-STAR or APAR.

Not something like this by sticking all together at once.
Not really needed as these are very small radars compared to MFSTAR and don't need space for extra radar equipment boi. On the other hand an integrated approach can be used for new ships, here a very rough concept.
1671783601105.png

Chinmoy

Country flag
Good question, but wrong place to ask. Indian private industries can't do anything wrong is the perception we live by.

Although Mahindra and TATA do manufacture engines, but they would prefer buying one off-the-shelf for their vehicles. As investing in engine tech would bring down their profit share margin drastically and Indian market is too cost sensitive.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
I thought the record for artillery range was 48KM by ATAGS. Evan kalyani mentioned it in one of his interviews. Is that not the case?
Oh yes, apart from chamber it depends on type of charge and shell
There is a type of shell M1a4 ERFB : BB
Which is extended range full bore base bleed
dhan4.PNG
FfpFbi8agAELZFk.jpeg.jpg

@Kuldeepm952. Bhai apne HEER shell kaha tha , wo shell utna use me nai hai
Heer ka matalb high explosive extended range hai .
The shell erfb bb is the most common shell .
In erfb bb and erfb bt shell, there is oval outward surface at the base on three sides absent in HEER type.
Army usko utna use bhi nai karti hai
VideoCapture_20221107-201613.jpg

This is a erfb bt shell , the bt is boat tail shell both bb and bt are similar in design and outward appearance .

I have closely seen all pics of atags trials , only erfb bb shell and erfb bt shell are used for trials.
hYpmf3r.jpg
Heer shell are not even made any more
In all exercises its this erfb shell .
Its a licensed made from a denel south Africa ammunition of same name.
VideoCapture_20221107-200427.jpg

@Lonewolf

Articles