DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Our light tanks are supposed to play the role of a mobile gun system as a support role or a light tank which can takle other tanks??
What kind of targets is it supposed to tackle, bcoz 105mm cannon won't be much effective against ztz96b/ztz99. Could it be that our light tank are specifically to counter type15 LTs which will be encountered in numbers in high altitude?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Could it be that our light tank are specifically to counter type15 LTs which will be encountered in numbers in high altitude?
Exactly, what else ?
i specifically remember it when certain guy i know (also here on DFI) used to argue that 'we hab T-72 there we no need light tankz' whenever discussions related to that came out, mind you i'm talking about before chinki invasion era...
aanndd now all sudden they want a light tank all of sudden after encountering chinki Type-15 there in those theatres ? what gives?

Chinmoy

Country flag
Our light tanks are supposed to play the role of a mobile gun system as a support role or a light tank which can takle other tanks??
What kind of targets is it supposed to tackle, bcoz 105mm cannon won't be much effective against ztz96b/ztz99. Could it be that our light tank are specifically to counter type15 LTs which will be encountered in numbers in high altitude?
Light tanks don't stand a chance against a MBT. They are purpose built. Ours are being sought for to tackle Chinese Type15.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Exactly, what else ?
i specifically remember it when certain guy i know (also here on DFI) used to argue that 'we hab T-72 there we no need light tankz' whenever discussions related to that came out, mind you i'm talking about before chinki invasion era...
aanndd now all sudden they want a light tank all of sudden after encountering chinki Type-15 there in those theatres ? what gives?
We are so addicted to jugaad that for us it is how things should work.
I've came across people who had seen T-90 in Ladakh this time and arguing that why we require 25 ton tank when we could deploy a 58 ton tank.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
lights tanks may not come face to face with any tanks(light or MBT).

TwinTails

Country flag
Arey mere baap. Try to understand technicalities even before commenting anything.

We have deployed and would be deploying tanks at 11 to 12k feet. Not 16k feet.

The project Zorawar would be powered by a 1000 bhp or 1400 bhp engine. The FATs are powered by a 350 bhp engine. Comparing the power requirement of a SPGH and a towed gun is even more outrageous then comparing an Apple and Orange.

Maaf kar bhai. Maaf kar. Aise bina sar pair ke comments mat kar.
Tumhara baap jaaye kahin bi.

And you changed goal post yet again, I have seen this type of your kabbaddi many times with many members.

I was talking about weight requirement, here every one is talking about weight requirements, never knew ATAGS have now to use it's own engine to move at a speed of BMP-2, mind you there are pictures of BMP-2 passing Dongkla pass in sikkim at 18,000 ft and it weighs full 20 tons.

So, I can say weight issue is clearly out of the loop now.

There is some inherent problem with you.

At the height which you are thinking of for a TOWING GUN to perform and which your import army desires, I can tell you only SHARANG of 52 caliber avatar can fit the bill, but hey it's not sexy.

Your Athos is not going to bring anything new also it has yet to be tested if I am not wrong at the heights and conditions of himalayas.

It's another story by that time miraculously every CRACKS, Bursting, Non-performance of hydraulics type of news will be thrown under the rug.

Fekte tumlog ho, goalpost mat change karo.

Weight wise, you have to now admit that ATAGS has no issue.

Power ki baat yahan nahi hui thi and ATAGs does not have to move kms on it's own and if I am not wrong in these 5 years of trials it should have proven that too otherwise Import lobby would had sure published the news.

TwinTails

Country flag
@Chinmoy
you changed goal post yet again, I have seen this type of your kabbaddi many times with many members.

I was talking about weight requirement, here every one is talking about weight requirements, never knew ATAGS have now to use it's own engine to move at a speed of BMP-2, mind you there are pictures of BMP-2 passing Dongkla pass in sikkim at 18,000 ft and it weighs full 20 tons.

So, I can say weight issue is clearly out of the loop now.

There is some inherent problem with you.

At the height which you are thinking of for a TOWING GUN to perform and which your import army desires, I can tell you only SHARANG of 52 caliber avatar can fit the bill, but hey it's not sexy.

Your Athos is not going to bring anything new also it has yet to be tested if I am not wrong at the heights and conditions of himalayas.

It's another story by that time miraculously every CRACKS, Bursting, Non-performance of hydraulics type of news will be thrown under the rug.

Fekte tumlog ho, goalpost mat change karo.

Weight wise, you have to now admit that ATAGS has no issue.

Power ki baat yahan nahi hui thi and ATAGs does not have to move kms on it's own and if I am not wrong in these 5 years of trials it should have proven that too otherwise Import lobby would had sure published the news.

Srinie

Country flag

Blackmamba

Country flag
Some posters seem hell bent on defending Chandigarh lobby . Let me repost CAG report comparing T 90 with Arjun .

I am afraid ATAGS will go the Arjun route, ATAGS was build based on the GSQR provided by the army, shame on IA Generals when a small country like Armenia is placing order for our artillery and we busy with user trials. We need to induct 4000 155 mm artillery based on Field Artillery rationalization plan how many have been inducted till now. We cannot fight China (largest manufacturing powerhouse in the world) without having a domestic military industrial complex.

AnantS

Country flag
View attachment 186776

Actually no not exactly what you said ,drag optimization can be done , as the speeds are all subsonic , plus we need to take in consideration reaction time and ease in using
I was alluding to this part in the screen shot you posted. There is a reason why that paper mentions studies being conducted for usage of perforated duct.
1671631309501.png

1671631203021.png

1671631015932.png

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I was alluding to this part in the screen shot you posted. There is a reason why that paper mentions studies being conducted for usage of perforated duct
View attachment 186779
Keynote low rpm , when you are making a suicidal drone than it need not to operate at low rpm , heck it may operate for less than 10 minutes

Articles