DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

The Shrike

Country flag

The Shrike

Country flag
Bharat dynamics is making starstreak missile which shot down mi28 and su35 ew.Racist woke Britishits are angry
France sold tot of this missiles and it is manufactured in India
West Coast Midnight Run™ | Movies & Music Magazine (@WestCoastMdnitR) Tweeted:
BRITISH HUBRIS AND POUNDS - #FRENCH MISSILES SENT TO UKRAINE BY GREAT #BRITAIN

@BorisJohnson @DailyMailUK @reuters @thalesgroup @AP @AFP @10DOWNINGSTREET
#FrenchMissiles #starstreak #UkraineWar #UkraineUnderAttack #UkraineCrisis #downingstreet #BritishScienceWeek https://t.co/gN2ZndxSdq
What is the tweet trying to say exactly? Is there any sources on the missil system is actually being "manufactured" in India?

Chinmoy

Country flag

abingdonboy

Country flag
Hope this is not a report. The Russian sanctions is a huge opportunity for atmanirbhar, i wish Rupee-Ruble shit never works out.
After seeing that Russia had to be sanctioned for the import armed forces to spend their CAPEX at home I sincerely hope Russia is cut off from all trade and or India gets sanctioned

Unless those import addicts are forced to buy Indian equipment they simply won’t.

Without Russia invading Ukraine the LCH would still be without orders, how insane is that? The issue is clearly not about capabilities anymore but the armed forces simply refusing to spend money at home. I think the Govt understands this too that’s why they’ve been trying to create a situation where the armed forces are limited in how they buy from abroad ( negative import list, CAPEX ear marked for IDDM etc) but they keep finding a way to send Indian taxpayer money to foreign hands

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
After seeing that Russia had to be sanctioned for the import armed forces to spend their CAPEX at home I sincerely hope Russia is cut off from all trade and or India gets sanctioned

Unless those import addicts are forced to buy Indian equipment they simply won’t.

Without Russia invading Ukraine the LCH would still be without orders, how insane is that? The issue is clearly not about capabilities anymore but the armed forces simply refusing to spend money at home. I think the Govt understands this too that’s why they’ve been trying to create a situation where the armed forces are limited in how they buy from abroad ( negative import list, CAPEX ear marked for IDDM etc) but they keep finding a way to send Indian taxpayer money to foreign hands
Agree except the part about India getting sanctioned - We will be screwed badly then. French planes, american engines, etc are kind of necessary now for us. Russia getting sanctioned is no biggie.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Hope this is not a report. The Russian sanctions is a huge opportunity for atmanirbhar, i wish Rupee-Ruble shit never works out.
"Officials privy to the latest developments told News18 that these series of orders for indigenous weapon systems and equipment have met twin objectives: one, that the defence capital budget has been fully utilised for 2021-22 and, second, it has helped further the government’s atmanirbhar (self-reliance) push.

This is significant as the Army, IAF and Navy had spent merely about 40%, 70% and 90% of their capital outlay until January end. News18 was the first to report this on January 28."

Noice, meaning that we made a ton of Indian purchases, many could be unreported as of now.

flanker99

Country flag
"Officials privy to the latest developments told News18 that these series of orders for indigenous weapon systems and equipment have met twin objectives: one, that the defence capital budget has been fully utilised for 2021-22 and, second, it has helped further the government’s atmanirbhar (self-reliance) push.

This is significant as the Army, IAF and Navy had spent merely about 40%, 70% and 90% of their capital outlay until January end. News18 was the first to report this on January 28."

Noice, meaning that we made a ton of Indian purchases, many could be unreported as of now.
take this with some salt ...indian media

Covfefe

Country flag
This Rupee Rouble has its limitations. What'll Russia do with so much of Rupees, their other merchandise imports from India is very limited? With their banks sanctioned they can't even trade all that Rupee into other currencies. Only Yuan Ruble is feasible- that too Chinese investors will gouge out Russian businesses livers and kidneys for that

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
This Rupee Rouble has its limitations. What'll Russia do with so much of Rupees, their other merchandise imports from India is very limited? With their banks sanctioned they can't even trade all that Rupee into other currencies. Only Yuan Ruble is feasible- that too Chinese investors will gouge out Russian businesses livers and kidneys for that
Russia used to import from europe - We could supply them, in the sectors where we re better than chinese.

Covfefe

Country flag
Russia used to import from europe - We could supply them, in the sectors where we re better than chinese.
Other than a few Pharma products and some Iron and Steel products (not steel per se- Chinese will deliver cheaper) none of the line items of the trade are our strength area

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Other than a few Pharma products and some Iron and Steel products (not steel per se- Chinese will deliver cheaper) none of the line items of the trade are our strength area
I see some 10-15 billion that we could grab, including pharma. That would cover 2x our current trade, unless we import a substantially bigger quantity of oil this year than previous years.

ShukantC

Country flag
Just look at the difference between the clean deck of the La Fayette class which were ordered in the late 80's and the cluttered deck of our Kolkata class.

I love the design and the looks of the Kolkata class but I really hope our next gen designs are a little more cleaner looking
FPgbq2aaIAcB7Ud.jpg

Articles