DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Mpatgm has a range limitation to 2.5 km unlike its contemporaries because it is a missile made to fire in lock on before launch mode only. Spike lr2, Mmp missile can fire up to 5 km because all of them have Fibre optics connections and can be fired on lock on after fire mode. The range of Mpatgm is a Fire control issue and not a propulsion limitation.
Mpatgm requires the user to lock target up through CLU first. If CLU can lock target up to 3-4 km( which I assume it can at night in old weather when engine running tank will stand out) then Mpatgm can be used till 4km too. But unless drdo adopts fibre optics for guidance then Mpatgm all weather range will be limited to 2.5 km like the old javelin and spike missile.
I agree but disagree on your clu point but other clu weight are around 6kgs except spike one designed much before mpatgm and achieves 2.5km lock on capability while our weighs about 14kg. That's some serious bullshit. Shouldn't we have the late starter advantage as tech has matured from before. Also shouldn't our experience in designing a highly good seeker for nag 4km range even in harsh summers come in handy to design such a same seeker for mpatgm longer range. I dont really have issue with the missile, it's already like others. It's the bulky TAS/CLU that's getting on my nerves.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Okk, so if this is the final config of launcher as well, then I think that during user trials IA might ask for redesign of present clu and tripod, they already have an idea of spike clu and ergonomics, atleast looks much better than present mpatgm ones.
I hope they start developing next iteration of mpatgm like spike lr 2 or mmp with networking capability.
Shouldn't the mpatgm clu be more vertically positioned them current long horizontal place??
Promahon.jpg

Could be potential contender

Chinmoy

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The Spice has 2m accuracy. GPS guided can have upto varies accuracy depends. For balakot type strike need very accurate hit.
It has been tested for laser guidance at 30 km range. So can't directly compare with SPICE as of now. But has been developed as a cheap alternative for SPICE. But when you are getting accurate hit with laser guidance, then it means it has a very high degree of CEP.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Thats a f a g g o t launcher right there in this picture , can't you recognise it ?
What NLOS
Yes I do recognize the FFAGGOT launcher here. CLMG or SAMHO has been designed to be fired from multiple platform including Tanks.

On NLOS part, look at the guidance. It uses midcourse guidance, characteristic of NLOS missile. I am attaching another picture here for guidance mechanism of the same.

SAHMO.jpg