DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Does that mean current mpatgm design is of old spike and javelin Era, that is pre 2000. I hope they are planning to increase range and provide fire on coordinate and update target capability.
Not exactly , it uses some advanced features ,non existent in older atgm .

But overall it's not a disruptive design .

Covfefe

Country flag
Does that mean current mpatgm design is of old spike and javelin Era, that is pre 2000. I hope they are planning to increase range and provide fire on coordinate and update target capability.
better seeker- imaging infrared, and fire and forget capability. Improvement over Kornets, Javelin has fnf but no only infrared seeker

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
nope, it seeker is better (as it is imaging infrared). This seeker does not have effect of countermeasures.
Anti thermal smoke launchers on mbt will provide concealment on both thermal and normal seeing spectrum, so I think there is some countermeasures for it, albeit depending on type of smoke coverage. Also current warhead is tandeam heat and not muti purpose tandem warhead like spike lr2 and javelin f variant making it unsuitable to attack stationary hardened targets.
Good first try atgm, but continuing to build upon it is important.
Also, for 2.5km range, weight is an issue compared to type 01 lmat and raybolt of South korea- both having same range of 2.5km and shoulder launched, weight is considerably less than mpatgm, whole system less than 20kg.

Dessert Storm

Country flag
Anti thermal smoke launchers on mbt will provide concealment on both thermal and normal seeing spectrum, so I think there is some countermeasures for it, albeit depending on type of smoke coverage. Also current warhead is tandeam heat and not muti purpose tandem warhead like spike lr2 and javelin f variant making it unsuitable to attack stationary hardened targets.
Good first try atgm, but continuing to build upon it is important.
Also, for 2.5km range, weight is an issue compared to type 01 lmat and raybolt of South korea- both having same range of 2.5km and shoulder launched, weight is considerably less than mpatgm, whole system less than 20kg.
MPATGM system weight is 14.5 kgs

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
MPATGM system weight is 14.5 kgs
Ye lo bhaiya maje Karo, missile weight 14.5 kg without LAUNCH TUBE and another 14.25 kg for other shits, total system weight with tripod easily 30kgs. Aap kha rhete h, this info is quite known. It's a pretty bulky system, just see the total weight of type 01lmat system, you will be surprised.
images - 2022-01-12T203438.313.jpeg