DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

SavageKing456

Country flag
Typically expected from Turkroaches who cry for license production with the special allowance to rebrand it as “Made in Thurki” and they’re the ones who paint A-129 Mangusta as T-129 “indijenus atak helikapter”
Or their Battle tank Altay, again a SoKo K2 Blackpanther painted with Turkroach flag. Or even their Assault Rifles licensed copies of German H&K Guns,

But nah Ottoman Turkroachistan Zindabad!
This guy cherry picked and uploaded few images without knowing the complete picture

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
This guy cherry picked and uploaded few images without knowing the complete picture
We should not pollute this thread with Turgay BS, They’re the same bunch who’re crying for partnerships for their “Phipth Jenareshan phaiter plain” who can’t make a decent 4th gen aircraft of their own, only thing they can do is license produce and label it indigenous and the ones they mistakenly are able to make on their own have 90% imported stuff.

piKacHHu

Country flag
India’s government has given the state-owned Nuclear Power Corp. of India Ltd. (NPCIL) the green light to develop 10 new domestically designed pressurized heavy water reactors (PHWRs).
Source: It's a 2017 article
Snippets from another one in 2017:
1. India’s Department of Atomic Energy, the entity responsible for research, construction, and operation of the country’s nuclear power reactors, will build two prototype fast-breeder reactors (PFBRs) at Kalpakkam in Tamil Nadu. The site already hosts a 500-MW PFBR that is expected to be fully operational this October.
2. unique long-term program that pushes for research and development of nuclear reactors using all three main fissionable materials: uranium-235, plutonium, and uranium-233 (U-233).
3. The first step of the three-stage program involves building indigenously engineered pressurized heavy-water reactors (PHWRs) and light-water reactors to produce plutonium. The second stage uses fast-neutron reactors fueled by plutonium to breed U-233 from thorium. In the third stage, using wholly indigenous technology, the country will use advanced heavy-water reactors fueled with U-233 obtained from the irradiation of thorium in PHWRs and fast reactors.
4. Commercial operation of the 500-MW PFBR at Kalpakkam—which will be the first of its kind in the world when it is commercially operational—will mean India has attained the second stage of the program.
Therefore, today, almost four year hence, we should be discussing the advances in Stage 2 and progress with Stage 3.
I don't understand why did you reply such a long post without knowing the difference between PWR reactor and PHWR reactor. Let me clarify:
1. Propulsion reactors used in Submarines are quite different than the ones generating electricity for commercial usage. Hence, bringing NPCIL into this discussion is irrelevant as it's not dealing with the reactors meant for SSNs. Moreover, the type you mentioned viz. PHWRs/PFBRs, are not being used in any operating SSNs around the world.

2. AFAIK, Three-stage program was not oriented towards SSBNs/SSNs but towards nuclear energy generation by using resources available in India.

3. Design & fabrication of nuclear grade RPV is a major challenge in PWRs akin to jet engine design in aviation industry. India may be world leader in utilizing CANDU based PHWRs but getting commercial PWRs in likes of EPR/VVER/APR etc. are still long way to go.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I don't understand why did you reply such a long post without knowing the difference between PWR reactor and PHWR reactor. Let me clarify:
1. Propulsion reactors used in Submarines are quite different than the ones generating electricity for commercial usage. Hence, bringing NPCIL into this discussion is irrelevant as it's not dealing with the reactors meant for SSNs. Moreover, the type you mentioned viz. PHWRs/PFBRs, are not being used in any operating SSNs around the world.

2. AFAIK, Three-stage program was not oriented towards SSBNs/SSNs but towards nuclear energy generation by using resources available in India.

3. Design & fabrication of nuclear grade RPV is a major challenge in PWRs akin to jet engine design in aviation industry. India may be world leader in utilizing CANDU based PHWRs but getting commercial PWRs in likes of EPR/VVER/APR etc. are still long way to go.
IPWR-900

Karthi

Country flag

It was a typo , I meant PHWR . Meanwhile PWR is under development , You know 900 MW IPWR . Soon we will be a world leader in PWR also . Cheers

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Still long way to go mate..Let it come to realization and produce a couple of MWs of electricity, may be then we will discuss how far we have reached.. :)
Design ready but construction is a issue

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
@Karthi @fire starter why does government proposing more pwr ? When we don't have reserve for them , and what's the sense of 10 more iphwr 700 when 900 version can be constructed ? Isn't it defying our three stage plan

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
use of rohini radar and adtcr ? both have same role , so why order booth

THESIS THORON

Country flag

XR SAM

Country flag

Brahmos NG update. I am waiting for NG to integrate on Tejas .

If it's capable of near hypersonic, then why do we need Brahmos 2? I think after Brahmos NG, Brahmos should focus on next gen Awacs killer air2air missiles. Brahmos NG should get more advanced seeker, better ECCM and reduced IR Signature to beat Chicom S400

THESIS THORON

Country flag
If it's capable of near hypersonic, then why do we need Brahmos 2? I think after Brahmos NG, Brahmos should focus on next gen Awacs killer air2air missiles. Brahmos NG should get more advanced seeker, better ECCM and reduced IR Signature to beat Chicom S400
near hypersonic not hypersonic,

ng will travel at 3.5-4 mach and 2k will travel at 9 mach