DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I guess it should look something like this right? (Only in this case instead of a Missile I have shown an aircraft) so pretty similar I guess. I wonder whether we use this technique in some of our Missiles though.
View attachment 129478

Oh so like this? Mhmm.
This is different thing , totally unrelated , it's basically used to cut aircraft as the chain opens up from coil , the one they are talking is a warhead of a ballastic missile

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
This is different thing , totally unrelated , it's basically used to cut aircraft as the chain opens up from coil , the one they are talking is a warhead of a ballastic missile
I already came to know about it. Initially I had mistaken that they were talking about The one which splits an Aircraft into two. I had later Corrected myself because the Matter was confusing a lot for me.

That's why :)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
@ezsasa
can we start a new thread some interesting research papers of DRDO can be posted. I dont want to clutter the main thread.

If so then plz suggest a name of the thread
"Defence Technologies Research Publications", may be not restrict it to DRDO. let it be a thread for all academic defence tech. publications. your call whether you want it be a discussion thread or not, mention it clearly in the OP.

The Shrike

Country flag

SSS Defence to supply 18,000 nos of Cartg SA Ball 9X19mm NATO Ammunition to ARDE. STUMPP SCHUELE CASINGS PRIVATE LIMITED had quoted a price of INR 4,50,000.00(ex GST) whereas HUGHES PRECISION MANUFACTURING PVT LTD had quoted a price of INR 9,00,000.00.
The total basic cost : INR 4,50,000.00
Inclusion of GST(5%) : INR 22,500
Total Inclusive of Duties and Taxes : INR
This alfa defence guy posts a lot of stuff with out context, he's probably getting it from some tender site. I mean what's the point of saying "INR 4,50,000.00" and then giving GST calculation also? Could have just said Rs 4.5 lac (suddenly that doesn't sound so impressive, chai samosa budget of those labs are probably bigger). And what is this ammo for, is it a new 9mm firearm? I know defence related information is hard to come by but still shouldn't pump out frivolous data, need to convert that dat into useful information first. Else it doesn't really add value for the people following theses handles.

Chinmoy

Country flag
This alfa defence guy posts a lot of stuff with out context, he's probably getting it from some tender site. I mean what's the point of saying "INR 4,50,000.00" and then giving GST calculation also? Could have just said Rs 4.5 lac (suddenly that doesn't sound so impressive, chai samosa budget of those labs are probably bigger). And what is this ammo for, is it a new 9mm firearm? I know defence related information is hard to come by but still shouldn't pump out frivolous data, need to convert that dat into useful information first. Else it doesn't really add value for the people following theses handles.
As per him and general perspective, its for ASMI.

The cost factor breakup which he provided is important. It shows why our pvt sectors even with support of DRDO and Gov would not and don't go with indigenous tech.

Chinmoy

Country flag
isn't the 1.5 Ton payload is for AMCA.None of the specs for Ghatak came out. Only thing speculated is that it's MTOW will be around 15tons.
As per open source, the max payload capacity of Ghatak would be 2 ton. Whether it means the whole payload or mission specific payload, is yet to be seen.

Payload capacity of AMCA is stated to be 7 ton.