DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Seems like we're good in radars
With mk2 uttam getting ready
I think we would be at par with western counterparts

Read this post by karthi
And below research paper too , it's DRDO funded research for ultra wide band application , expect performance better than spectra

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag

Read this post by karthi
And below research paper too , it's DRDO funded research for ultra wide band application , expect performance better than spectra
@SavageKing456 @Kalkioftoday

Attachments

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
We are getting very on the hardware side but don't know what is our capabilities in algorithm side. There's still a wide gap between us and the top of the line western radar and with the induction of Uttam mk2(GaN based vivaldi) in our airforce the gap will get narrower. The funny thing is Russia being the guy having one of the most experience in developing airborne x band radar is still very much behind the US/France/Italy and even china. Russia's algorithm side is very strong whereas their hardware sude is shit. Their 5th gen Su57 still uses slot antenna arrays whereas US have moved on with Ultra wideband arrays. Also their claims of Bars and Ibris detecting targets beyond 350km is shit
Let me give a example , remember green pine radar , we upgraded it's range over vanilla mod through software upgrade only , for first upgrade .

Later hardware upgrade were done too . And our Anuradha (desi arudhra ) have been a technical experience of drdo for development of software , they played a lot with main and side lobes in its development .

SavageKing456

Country flag
We are getting very good on the hardware side but don't know what is our capabilities in algorithm side. There's still a wide gap between us and the top of the line western radar and with the induction of Uttam mk2(GaN based vivaldi) in our airforce the gap will get narrower. The funny thing is Russia being the guy having one of the most experience in developing airborne x band radar is still very much behind the US/France/Italy and even china. Russia's algorithm side is very strong whereas their hardware side is shit. Their 5th gen Su57 still uses slot antenna arrays whereas US have moved on with Ultra wideband arrays. Also their claims of Bars and Ibris detecting targets beyond 350km is shit
As far as ik
Our algorithm capabilities are decent

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
Our is TSA vivaldi , BOR Vivaldi is a different thing , provide better bandwidth than normal tsa
I think BOR vivaldi is in same class of f22 and f35's ultra wideband arrays. This things can do the offensive jamming for you, don't need an extra jammer. Top class technology, i hope DRDO find a success in them. We desparately need this exact technology in AMCA

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Country flag
Guys I was thinking that if SANT 10km range was made for anti armour roles for Helis in all weather roles where iir seeker might not perform that good. Then how the hell does our current Helis locate their target first with their EO pod in such conditions, clearly we don't have MMW radar on them. So either we will see MMW radar on Helis in future and if not I don't really see the need of SANT orders by armed forces as simple Helinas will do the same job.
Also current Helinas are only LOBL as shown in brochures. LOAL capability will further enhance the range of current Helinas as current iir seeker can see up to 7-8km only
perhaps EO pods on drones attached to arty units, will be used to pinpoint the location beyond LOS.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I think BOR vivaldi is in same class of f22 and f35's ultra wideband arrays. This things can do the offensive jamming for you, don't need an extra jammer. Top class technology, i hope DRDO find a success in them. We desparately need this exact technology in AMCA
F22 one are different

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Can you tell me more about it?
Look closely
Screenshot_20220104-140240626.jpg

Type of radiating element is different , our is TSA shown in above post of karthi mentioned , the one used in f 22 offer bandwidth of 5 GHz bandwidth almost but bit different shape ,while vanila uttam mk1 barely reach 3 GHz .

Bor Conical Vivaldi offers a bandwidth fo nearly 10 GHz

SavageKing456

Country flag
Look closely View attachment 129461

Type of radiating element is different , our is TSA shown in above post of karthi mentioned , the one used in f 22 offer bandwidth of 5 GHz bandwidth almost but bit different shape ,while vanila uttam mk1 barely reach 3 GHz .

Bor Conical Vivaldi offers a bandwidth fo nearly 10 GHz
When will conical vivaldi be ready

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
One more thing I would add is that flexible electronics is another feild we have developed a lot , and credit goes to IITs (kanpur ,Bombay , Madras maybe ) , so next time some midget speaks that IIT are waste of money should look into that .

Flexibility electronic will help in conformal antenna development , and maybe conformal radar too 😉 , a radar element on the aircraft spine , interesting ?

Will help in achieving 360 active situational awareness .