DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

not so dravidian

Country flag
The one with lattice fins is a strategic bomb

I will share something which I never did before

Last time DRDO used the term strategic bomb in its project defination long time ago - I found out it was for aircraft launched nuclear bomb

Now you decide

Personally I think it is for HDBTs with special purpose conventional warheads ( or few maybe with nuclear warheads as last resort )

Hdbt = hardened deeply buried target
Saar by the way is it tetrahedral SiC or hexagonal SiC??

porky_kicker

Country flag
Tip for penetration ?
Refer this @not so dravidian

Yeah that's correct

Point is you never target a HDBT at its strong points . You target it's weaknesses like blast doors , entryways , ingress / egress tunnels for personnel , maintenance and supply , air ducts , ventilation points , escalators vents , support systems like cooling system , ventilation system , power supply points etc etc.

Thats why intelligence driven ops are carried out to identify vulnerabilities in HDBTs .

You primarily use aerial assets or space based assets for that including HUMINT .

Topography , terrain analysis , geological analysis , stratigraphy analysis are the tools that help to find points of vulnerability where correct application of force can lead to over pressure in adjoining areas leading to cave in and collapse of underground caverns.

Military victory is not all about target kill , it involves mission kill too.

If I can render a HDBT like a WMD storage location inoperable by destroying it's exits points , then no WMD will be deployable from that location and thus render it useless.

It is interesting that India is researching diamond-SiC . Their only utility is very high deformation resistance coupled with very high hardness.

Only single crystal diamonds are known to outperform them in the same .

Even at high hypersonic impact , the diamond-SiC will not deform beyond acceptable level necessary for penetration through very thick basalt rock layers.

Anyways American Thor orbital bombardment system with KE penetrators is a good idea but thing is it will wipe out everything like cities etc in proximity to the underground target through high seismic upheavals.

IndianHawk

Country flag
MKI cannot carry anything over 3 ton under its strongest central pylon. MKI ferrying over 5 ton missile on its central pylon can only happen in cartoons.
And yet that is the info that su30mki will launch air delivery munitions.

Perhaps the conclusion then is to bring air launch pralay wait under 3 tons .

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
And yet that is the info that su30mki will launch air delivery munitions.

Perhaps the conclusion then is to bring air launch pralay wait under 3 tons .
Or there is no air launched pralay

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
@porky_kicker didn't u posted earlier about a missile model under testing ,that looked like SMART but wasn't smart . Could it be that ?

IndianHawk

Country flag
This is what I found in comment saction of trishul blog . Mods please delete it if any copyright issue arises.

Like its predecessor, the SS-150 Prithvi, the Pralay is NOT a ballistic missile, but a SS-BSM whose solid-propellant rocket remains in use the very end. And here is its air-launched version:

Both the SMART & Pralay use near-identical airframes & sub-systems. However, for terminal guidance, the Pralay will use an X-band monopulse radar, like this:

Hence, for terminal guidance, the seeker for BrahMos-1, Nirbhay & Pralay will be one & the same.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Once IAF is done with SEAD/ DEAD Ops... The final step will be this Tungsten rod at >Mach 5-7 Speed on strategic underground bunkers for missiles and senior army officers. Instant conversion of 30-50 feet deep bunkers into graveyard.
View attachment 129237
Nuclear silos would be perfect, no sympathetic detonation too.

SavageKing456

Country flag
@SavageKing456 the 6th gen fighter will be optionally manned or totally unmanned ??
First of all who said that FUFA ji is 6th gen?
Did I?
Seriously don't hype things up!
We just don't know what it is.
So cannot say ANYTHING related to that mate,I saw the tender so posted as it is.
But it's not ghatak/swift

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
First of all who said that FUFA ji is 6th gen?
Did I?
Seriously don't hype things up!
We just don't know what it is.
So cannot say ANYTHING related to that mate,I saw the tender so posted as it is.
But it's not ghatak/swift
Iitk lot of research and check up on their aerospace faculty , and their project section to know what this is about