DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Photon

Country flag
The one with lattice fins is a strategic bomb

I will share something which I never did before

Last time DRDO used the term strategic bomb in its project defination long time ago - I found out it was for aircraft launched nuclear bomb

Now you decide

Personally I think it is for HDBTs with special purpose conventional warheads ( or few maybe with nuclear warheads as last resort )

Hdbt = hardened deeply buried target
Probably Yes, US "MOAB" also uses same kind of lattice fins, I remember one old US report mentioning about a DRDO test of some heavy free fall bombs but never saw any information elsewhere?? may be a non nuclear bomb with thermobaric warhead, just a wild guess!!

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

SSS Defence to supply 18,000 nos of Cartg SA Ball 9X19mm NATO Ammunition to ARDE. STUMPP SCHUELE CASINGS PRIVATE LIMITED had quoted a price of INR 4,50,000.00(ex GST) whereas HUGHES PRECISION MANUFACTURING PVT LTD had quoted a price of INR 9,00,000.00.
The total basic cost : INR 4,50,000.00
Inclusion of GST(5%) : INR 22,500
Total Inclusive of Duties and Taxes : INR

porky_kicker

Country flag
Probably Yes, US "MOAB" also uses same kind of lattice fins, I remember one old US report mentioning about a DRDO test of some heavy free fall bombs but never saw any information elsewhere?? may be a non nuclear bomb with thermobaric warhead, just a wild guess!!
FAE / TB warhead possible as follow-on warhead in a multi stage warhead configuration

Other conventional possibilities Penetration / PCB follow-on warhead in a multi stage warhead configuration

Non conventional possibilities a sub kiloton nuke or < 5KT nuke as a follow on warhead in a multi stage warhead configuration

Why multi stage warhead as a possibility ? Note the high L/D ratio of model , which might be due to the need to protect primary warhead during penetration using speciality super hardened materials etc or include a large precursor warhead to defeat protection if any & create a path for the follow-on primary warhead

I posted the CIA NSA report few years back here

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
I have no info nor idea on air launched pralay

Anyways who started this air launched pralay idea/rumor ?

Not feasible , nor makes sense when R3 is there with range of 550 km and specifically designed as air to surface aeroballistic missile
It all started by Prasoon sengupta in his blog. Come to think of it the image that he shared and which I linked here is that of a yellow missile which iirc is also the image previously shared as rudram 3!!

So is it possible that rudram 3 is indeed a derivative of pralay?? Ranges are similar and pralay keeps its engine on for full flight ! Is that what you mean by aero ballistics??

IndianHawk

Country flag

SSS Defence to supply 18,000 nos of Cartg SA Ball 9X19mm NATO Ammunition to ARDE. STUMPP SCHUELE CASINGS PRIVATE LIMITED had quoted a price of INR 4,50,000.00(ex GST) whereas HUGHES PRECISION MANUFACTURING PVT LTD had quoted a price of INR 9,00,000.00.
The total basic cost : INR 4,50,000.00
Inclusion of GST(5%) : INR 22,500
Total Inclusive of Duties and Taxes : INR
And just like that costs are halfed. This is the benefit of involving more private player .

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
And just like that costs are halfed. This is the benefit of involving more private player .
Hughes Precision has made the round on their own in their own factory in Goa, whereas SSS Defence is in a partnership with CBC Ammunition Brazil, one of the worlds largest ammunition makers. Hence, their costs are significantly lower.

porky_kicker

Country flag
It all started by Prasoon sengupta in his blog. Come to think of it the image that he shared and which I linked here is that of a yellow missile which iirc is also the image previously shared as rudram 3!!

So is it possible that rudram 3 is indeed a derivative of pralay?? Ranges are similar and pralay keeps its engine on for full flight ! Is that what you mean by aero ballistics??
Simple question who will carry air launched pralay ?

Rudram3 weights only 1.6 tons

How can one say one is the derivative of the other with certainty ? What commonality is there between rudram 3 and pralay ? Pointy nose and cylindrical body ? If sub systems common that's another matter

IndianHawk

Country flag
Simple question who will carry air launched pralay ?

Rudram3 weights only 1.6 tons
This is what I found in comment saction of trishul blog . Mods please delete it if any copyright issue arises.

Like its predecessor, the SS-150 Prithvi, the Pralay is NOT a ballistic missile, but a SS-BSM whose solid-propellant rocket remains in use the very end. And here is its air-launched version:

Both the SMART & Pralay use near-identical airframes & sub-systems. However, for terminal guidance, the Pralay will use an X-band monopulse radar, like this:

Hence, for terminal guidance, the seeker for BrahMos-1, Nirbhay & Pralay will be one & the same.

porky_kicker

Country flag
This is what I found in comment saction of trishul blog . Mods please delete it if any copyright issue arises.

Like its predecessor, the SS-150 Prithvi, the Pralay is NOT a ballistic missile, but a SS-BSM whose solid-propellant rocket remains in use the very end. And here is its air-launched version:

Both the SMART & Pralay use near-identical airframes & sub-systems. However, for terminal guidance, the Pralay will use an X-band monopulse radar, like this:

Hence, for terminal guidance, the seeker for BrahMos-1, Nirbhay & Pralay will be one & the same.
I said the same regarding commonality between smart and PRALAY atleast 2 years back, made multiple infographics regarding same , so what's new

Smart PRALAY belong to shaurya / K15 family

Rudram series have no connection to shaurya / k15 family IMO

Sharing of some internal sub systems is never a case for commonality

SavageKing456

Country flag
This Radar is Called Aselsan EIRS (Early Warning RADAR System). It has been developed by a Turkish company called Aselsan.

There are many sources on the internet which claim that Turkey will use it in its F-16 Fighters and Akinci Drones(I don't how true this is though)View attachment 129405
(Note-I may be wrong here so feel free to correct me)
How does it compare to uttam?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Guys I was thinking that if SANT 10km range was made for anti armour roles for Helis in all weather roles where iir seeker might not perform that good. Then how the hell does our current Helis locate their target first with their EO pod in such conditions, clearly we don't have MMW radar on them. So either we will see MMW radar on Helis in future and if not I don't really see the need of SANT orders by armed forces as simple Helinas will do the same job.
Also current Helinas are only LOBL as shown in brochures. LOAL capability will further enhance the range of current Helinas as current iir seeker can see up to 7-8km only