DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
is it for srbms also ??

also I had a question that mrsam intercepted iskander. So in-order to intercept these srbm does missile need different warhead than usual ??
No , current warhead works fine , as it's more of a hit to kill , sheer momentum transfer is humongous . And if missile is a bit heavy than it may pose issue .

Even akash ng has terminal interception speed of srbm class missile , @Karthi posted it ,if I remember correctly .

But those interception are too close and risk is high , that's why longer ranged ABM are used for interception

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Nah, it's something like mini harop kinda system. Asks for loiter time of 2 hrs. Only mini strike UAVs like system can achieve this. No rocket arty or mini turbojet missile gonna loiter for 2 hrs, only rotary munition will achieve that.
Did the PDF ask for loiter time? I might have missed it.

Blood+

Country flag
Army still seems to be in gunners mindset era and only tube artillery guns are prioritised. Rocket artillery has really not been appreciated by IA. Just imagine the number of strike opportunities open ranging from wherever between 70km to 300/400km well past the tube artillery.
With Ins/gps combo, a respectable cep can be achieved easily. Not only that you can also use same launcher to house small cruise missile or tactical ballistic missile like us himars/m270. Fire a rocket launched UAV for quick recon, jamming rockets, saturate enemy air defenses, why not use SEAD rockets.
Chinese In these systems are the best as of now, no two takes about it. In starting hours, I hope our forces are ready to be hammered by these systems, there really is no perfect counter for them.
The only perfect(ish) way would be to create an extensive network of large underground concrete bunkers and tunnels for both men and material to weather the opening salvos of the PLA rocket artillery force and the army seems to be moving in that direction if this report from the previous year is to be believed.

thebakofbakchod

>
VKS: Phase-1 of the BMD programme will be completed by 2013. In this, we will intercept Intermediate Range Ballistic Missiles with a range of 2,000 km. The second phase will be completed by 2016. In this, we will be able to intercept intercontinental Ballistic Missiles (ICBMs) with ranges over 5,000 km. Phase-1 has two missile interceptors called the PAD and the AAD. This year, we will be testing a new interceptor missile called the PDV. This missile will replace the PAD. Two missiles, the AD1 and the AD2 will be tested by the end of 2013 under Phase 2 of the BMD.

end of 2013? Lol any ideas these were 8 years delayed?