DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

HawkisRight

Country flag
Anyone know when K Sivan will retire??Look like Dr.Tapan Misras arguments are right😢 important RISAT launch postponed.
I have heard sivan might be getting another extension..here u go...
There are also rumours that incumbent ISRO Chairman and Secretary, Department of Space, K. Sivan might get a service extension for six more months,” a source told IANS.

Sivan’s term comes to an end in January 2022.

Last edited:

IndianHawk

Country flag
Look at top , it's narrowing down ,looks like a nose section
Those are missile bands as shown in drawing. They are at an angle so looking narrowing perhaps because they are being brought up to level of rest of the missile . There may be more sections not shown in the picture but shown in drawing.

On another forum the chatter is that it's indeed AD2 but it's fatter than SM3 of USA .

IndianHawk

Country flag

JSR dynamics developing 324 mm rockets with 250-300 km range .

Partnership with europian firm for propulsion while guidance , design and warhead by JSR.

Using own funds for development.

Smerch replacements.

Tuco

Country flag

JSR dynamics developing 324 mm rockets with 250-300 km range .

Partnership with europian firm for propulsion while guidance , design and warhead by JSR.

Using own funds for development.

Smerch replacements.
I think these are the kind of situations where DRDO can step in. They can easily provide the propulsion systems, offcourse we don't know whether jsr dynamics approached DRDO. Entire system will be in-house and exporting the system will be easier to.

Karthi

Country flag
JSR Dynamics also developing Cruise Missiles , Loitering Munitions, long range glide Weapons and more. Work on few of them already completed . DRDO and government should help them . They are working silently and not much interested in making money.

Untitled4-1.jpg
IMG_20211228_104905.jpg
Picture51-1.jpg
Untitled1-1.jpg
Picture13.jpg
IMG_20211228_104844.jpg
7 (1).jpg
IMG_20211228_104900.jpg
Picture16-1.jpg

Few pictures from defexpo and others

IMG_20211228_104900.jpg

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
JSR Dynamics also developing Cruise Missiles , Loitering Munitions, long range glide Weapons and more. Work on few of them already completed . DRDO and government should help them . They are working silently and not much interested in making money.

View attachment 128093View attachment 128094View attachment 128095View attachment 128096View attachment 128097View attachment 128098View attachment 128099View attachment 128092View attachment 128101

Few pictures from defexpo and others

View attachment 128100
I think it's pretty ambitious for them. For now they are just models and nothing more. Any wind tunnel testing or any real work going in it will be assuring.

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
I think it's pretty ambitious for them. For now they are just models and nothing more. Any wind tunnel testing or any real work going in it will be assuring.
Yup i agree, it's very very ambitious for a small private company like this. But i for once think army, iaf and navy should go out of their way and help and fund a private company like this. DRDO has no competitor in missile D&D and i'm pretty sure they don't want any, but i think it's high time an Indian private company enter the market.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Yup i agree, it's very very ambitious for a small private company like this. But i for once think army, iaf and navy should go out of their way and help and fund a private company like this. DRDO has no competitor in missile D&D and i'm pretty sure they don't want any, but i think it's high time an Indian private company enter the market.
They however do have some sort of partnership with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), but I’m not sure how deep it is, it might be limited to just manufacturing, but IMO BEL should contribute their funds and know how too to make the journey smoother for these startup’s. But because BELs core role is with electronics and seekers it seems they too may be involved in the development side, as if it was just for production Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) would be a more suitable partner.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Yes they are new but they have been backed by giants like BEL and working with them on many projects. This lends credibility to them .

IndianHawk

Country flag
I think these are the kind of situations where DRDO can step in. They can easily provide the propulsion systems, offcourse we don't know whether jsr dynamics approached DRDO. Entire system will be in-house and exporting the system will be easier to.
It's good if they can bring in parallel technology apart from drdo . It helps in deepening technical base of country

NeXoft007

Country flag
DRDO only develops weapon systems which are demanded by the armed forces. They would have made a similar version to JSR 324mm Rockets long time back, had Army demanded it. Guided MBRL can do precision strikes, but they can't do evasive maneuvers against SAM, unlike TBMs like Pranash, that's too gonna have 250km range, but with the much required terminal maneuverability.

Last edited:

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
DRDO only develops weapon systems which are demanded by the armed forces. They would have made a similar version to JSR 324mm Rockets long time back, had Army demanded it. Guided MBRL can do precision strikes, but they can't do evasive maneuvers against SAM, unlike TBMs like Pranash, that's too gonna have 250km range, but with the much required terminal maneuverability.
And also TBM's terminal speed should be much higher than any MLRS but aren't those TBMs expansive compared to those MLRS?

Tuco

Country flag
Yes of course, addition of features increases the cost. DRDO can take up complex projects, if we see around we have companies who can take up these kind of comparitvely simpler projects. In such cases DRDO can, if asked for transfer simple techs for some fees.