DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
The best FSAPDS/APFSDS (FSAPDS MK2) the T90S Bhishma can fire has a penetration of 500mm RHA at 60* at 2km and Arjun’s 120MM FSAPDS MK2 has a penetration of 500mm RHA at 63* at 2km, where both have near equivalent firepower for their most useful type of ammunition carried. HESH and HEAT can’t be effectively compared so I’m not going to that.
Ya'll Nibbiars I am not going to go over the saga. Ever ones knew what happened to the ammunition and the entire history. In short the tank is perfect the MODs is not.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Country flag
Is it bcoz smootbore(type 99) vs rifled gun(arjun)
No, it’s because DRDO/OFB failed to come up with even a basic offensive capability.

Ya'll Nibbiars It's ammunition problem not the tank ones.
You are technically correct, but ammunition is the main part of the offensive capability of the war-machine called tank.
So unless Arjun finds a better offensive capability it will be toothless.

The best FSAPDS/APFSDS (FSAPDS MK2) the T90S Bhishma can fire has a penetration of 500mm RHA at 60* and Arjun’s 120MM FSAPDS MK2 has a penetration of 500mm RHA at 63*, where both have near equivalent firepower for their most useful type of ammunition carried. HESH and HEAT can’t be effectively compared so I’m not going to that.
I have seen FSAPDS MK2 for 125mm gun, can you show your source for 120mm gun ? Is it even operational ?

Second, even if we follow it has 500mm RHA penetration, it still fails to penetrate because Type 99s frontal armour is 1000mm RHA according to Chinese reports. Even if we follow it is half of that, it still will have hard time.

Current APFSDS have penetration of 700+ mm RHA, and Chinese and American rounds has reached 900mm RHA

Haldilal

Country flag
No, it’s because DRDO/OFB failed to come up with even a basic offensive capability.

You are technically correct, but ammunition is the main part of the offensive capability of the war-machine called tank.

I have seen FSAPDS MK2 for 125mm gun, can you show your source for 120mm gun ? Is it even operational ?

Second, even if we follow it has 500mm RHA penetration, it still fails to penetrate because Type 99s frontal armour is 1000mm RHA according to Chinese reports. Even if we follow it is half of that, it still will have hard time.

Current APFSDS have penetration of 700+ mm RHA, and Chinese and American rounds has reached 900mm RHA
Ya'll Nibbiars LCA is toothless so should nkt be ordered and let's order more Apaches.

Haldilal

Country flag
Yeah right lets order more Apaches (you dumb cat Apache is a helicopter), at last I am getting paid millions and hot Natasha to sell Phoren maal on DFI.
Ya'll Nibbiarseant by LCH autocorrect using to LCA for the DFI posts. And I qm unemployment so apparently I am dumb.

Last edited:

Aditya Ballal

Country flag

1640358711255.jpeg

Haldilal

Country flag
Looks Uber sexy. So army doesn't import anything with rubber tyres anymore.
Hopefully soon the same will apply to tanks / IFVs.
Ya'll Nibbiars for the light armored it was already in process but for the Heavy armoured I far from over.

Tridev123

Country flag

I have an query.
Does China's Type 99 MBT have this 1000 mm RHA plating all over the tank 360 Deg or are there weak spots in the tank structure like the top.

It would be almost impossible to armour proof all external parts of the tank with very heavy armour as weight penalties will kick in.

Why don't we target the weak spots on the Type 99.We have top attack capability on the Nag ATGM(am I wrong). Even the Israeli Spike and the US Javelin have top attack capability?.

Probably our CLGM should be made capable of top attack.

Let's face it. Every system will have weaknesses.
Even the Type 99 will have its weak points.
We need to take advantage of it and design an technological answer to the problem.

Nobody is understating the need to produce an high penetration APFSDS ammunition for our tanks. We need to do more R & D and succeed.

Does depleted Uranium round perform better. Does India manufacture them.

Arihant Roy

Country flag
thoughts??

These are for S-70.

There's considerable doubt as to whether Su-57 will get rectangular nozzles for exhausts because then it will lose the 2.5 D TVC which it has now.

Contrary to popular belief , the nozzles for both AL-31FP and AL-41F/41 travel in a V direction and not exactly in a straight vertical and horizontal plane .

And these were shown a TV zvezda episode on S-70.

Haldilal

Country flag
I have an query.
Does China's Type 99 MBT have this 1000 mm RHA plating all over the tank 360 Deg or are there weak spots in the tank structure like the top.

It would be almost impossible to armour proof all external parts of the tank with very heavy armour as weight penalties will kick in.

Why don't we target the weak spots on the Type 99.We have top attack capability on the Nag ATGM(am I wrong). Even the Israeli Spike and the US Javelin have top attack capability?.

Probably our CLGM should be made capable of top attack.

Let's face it. Every system will have weaknesses.
Even the Type 99 will have its weak points.
We need to take advantage of it and design an technological answer to the problem.

Nobody is understating the need to produce an high penetration APFSDS ammunition for our tanks. We need to do more R & D and succeed.

Does depleted Uranium round perform better. Does India manufacture them.
Ya'll Nibbiars probably by that time theirs GL 5 APS would be active but it's exact capabilities are still uknown.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
These are for S-70.

There's considerable doubt as to whether Su-57 will get rectangular nozzles for exhausts because then it will lose the 2.5 D TVC which it has now.

Contrary to popular belief , the nozzles for both AL-31FP and AL-41F/41 travel in a V direction and not exactly in a straight vertical and horizontal plane .

And these were shown a TV zvezda episode on S-70.
killed my exitement 😞

Articles