Country flag

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
@ezsasa mod please delete this post of mine

Varoon2

Country flag
@ezsasa mod please delete this post of mine
That radar is indigenous right, by LRDE?

Chinmoy

Country flag
this chink company showed off something similar to SMART a few years back (similar concept)

does anyone know if anything came of it? Also the US had such tech in the 60s. I wonder why they didnt proceed further with them
Rocket assisted Torpedo or Anti Submarine Missile is an old concept. It is just that DRDO has taken it manifold over the existing limit.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Because US doesn't even need this kind of tech anymore. This kind of tech is good when the US mainland is in denger and they don't have many airborne anti submarine platform but fortunately for them this is not the case as they have hundreds of P3, P8s and not to mention drones. Also underwater surveillance has improved a lot since the 60s as now we can deploy underwater sensor in a short time with a little maintenance. I don't know how big our underwater surveillance networks are but honestly speaking, i don't have much trust in this perticular weapon system. This is strictly my personal opinion btw
🤔 Heard of ASROC and SUBROC? They are still very much in active service.

Chinmoy

Country flag
ADE has no credibility left after Nirbhay and Rustom fiasco. Infact the lab has never produced a product which has been accepted by the armed forces. This pusher prop drone should be done via the industry . Ask the industrial partner to fund 50% while the government can do the rest.
Abhyas---- Inducted
Lakhsya--- Inducted
Nishant--- Inducted

On top of that, DFBW, FCS, DFCC of Tejas are functioning flawlessly as of now. But yeah, ADE has no creadibility left.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Bro, I don't think so that there is any project Called AURA anymore.
I believe AURA was the Former name of the GHATAK UAV project which was formerly called AURA but later changed its Designation to GHATAK
Please note - I may be wrong here so feel free to correct meView attachment 125731
AURA (Autonomous Unmanned Research Aircraft) is the name of Project.

SWiFT (Stealth Wing Flying Testbed) is the name of Design under Project Aura.

GHATAK(!) Is the Product under Project AURA with SWiFT design.

SavageKing456

Country flag
ADE has no credibility left after Nirbhay and Rustom fiasco. Infact the lab has never produced a product which has been accepted by the armed forces. This pusher prop drone should be done via the industry . Ask the industrial partner to fund 50% while the government can do the rest.
Really?
Then you don't know about swift and ghatak :)

Kalkioftoday

Country flag
🤔 Heard of ASROC and SUBROC? They are still very much in active service.
Yes i know about them and that why i don't compare them with SMART. ASROC doesn't have that much of a range and once it's torpedoes are in the water they can be guided via the very ship that launched them. But SMART here is something very different and it is the range what makes it that much different from other systems. Guiding a torpedo beyond 600km is what i am having problem understanding.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles