DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Whole drone scenario escalated so quickly .

Looks like demand for them is much more than expected .

Shows that user is more into application than paper specs as trials are conducted by various operators and real time performance are evaluated .

Any senior member who have info from forces wanna share what kind of threats are emerging that has fast tracked the process

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Guys I have some great news for y’all regarding India Optel Ltd.s new line of of weapon optics courtesy of @Tier69operative who’ll post on twitter soon. Expect pictures and specs on the OLF Dehradun 7.62x51 Assault Rifle sight, new 7.62x51 LMG sight, new red dot sight, and more. Also expect specs and pictures of existing weapons sights of RCL. INSAS Family etc.
I’ve already gotten a sneak peak😉. Some are really exciting and others I won’t comment until y’all see them.

Aditya Ballal

Country flag
Guys I have some great news for y’all regarding India Optel Ltd.s new line of of weapon optics courtesy of @Tier69operative who’ll post on twitter soon. Expect pictures and specs on the OLF Dehradun 7.62x51 Assault Rifle sight, new 7.62x51 LMG sight, new red dot sight, and more. Also expect specs and pictures of existing weapons sights of RCL. INSAS Family etc.
I’ve already gotten a sneak peak😉. Some are really exciting and others I won’t comment until y’all see them.

1640018861531.png

Tier69operative

Country flag
Guys i assure he’s not doing any paid promotion or he’s my PR guy 🤣

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Hey you all nibbiars ! Take a look here!New tweet from DRDO!
Shri Atul Dinkar Rane, Outstanding Scientist assumed the charge as Director General, #BrahMos, DRDO today. Shri Rane has significantly contributed towards Missile programmes and associated with @BrahMosMissile for a long time. @SpokespersonMoD @PIB_India

IndianHawk

Country flag
Whole drone scenario escalated so quickly .

Looks like demand for them is much more than expected .

Shows that user is more into application than paper specs as trials are conducted by various operators and real time performance are evaluated .

Any senior member who have info from forces wanna share what kind of threats are emerging that has fast tracked the process
Nothing special really. Just that indian private sector has jumped in small drone segments with lot of capital so you see so many designs and implementation and lobbying for induction.

Similar thing happened in china just 3-4 years ago when we had pics of multiple types of drones from all kinds of chinese firms and idiots were crying look how far china has gone.

And now india has reached that point .

Gradually you will see this happening across all sectors and all kinds of technologies.

Recently we saw flurry of missile tests and projects by drdo. Same thing we are reaching a certain state of maturity.

Lca mk1a, tedbf , max , amca , orca , ghatak , Swift , cats hunter , rustom , Rustom 2 / tapas / another new drone , alh , lch ,luh and now imrh , htt 40 , ijt , all kinds of projects going on with lots of private sector input.
Same thing reaching the sweet mix of adequate capital and ecosystem.

Now watch all these multiply.

We might be surprised by the sheer number of projects and scale of what we took upon and delivery in this decade itself.

MonaLazy

Lca mk1a, tedbf , max , amca , orca , ghatak , Swift , cats hunter , rustom , Rustom 2 / tapas / another new drone , alh , lch ,luh and now imrh , htt 40 , ijt , all kinds of projects going on with lots of private sector input.
Mk2 is missing from this exhaustive list 😰

From the Sep-Oct issue of aeromag-
IMG_20211221_001600.jpg

But no mention of Mk2 in CAS' interview in aeromag Nov-Dec issue. Infact, it is being omitted in the question itself!

IMG_20211221_002438.jpg

Disturbing. Looks like ADA is pushing full steam ahead with Mk2, while IAF is trying to push back against it.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
Any update on Air defence system based on Astra?
Drdo was working on ain't?
So When you are referring to 'Air defence system based on Astra than I believe that you are referring to the :smile: VLSRSAM(Vertical Launch - Short Range Surface to Air Missile). Which is based on Astra Mk1. Well to be fair I have not heard any updates on it recently except that a test of it was conducted recently, other than that I don't know anything else.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yes i know about them and that why i don't compare them with SMART. ASROC doesn't have that much of a range and once it's torpedoes are in the water they can be guided via the very ship that launched them. But SMART here is something very different and it is the range what makes it that much different from other systems. Guiding a torpedo beyond 600km is what i am having problem understanding.
Hold your horses right there.

ASROC is not guided from the launching ship after deployment. You can't guide a torpedo in water just like a missile in air unless you are physically connected to it. Launching a torpedo with a rocket or missile like ASROC or SMART takes out Wire guidance in the firt step itself. These torpedos are self homing by passive or active mode.

ASROC has a lower range as it is launched from a Ship unlike SMART. So both systems work on same proinciple. You detect an enemy sub by any means or asset available. Launch the missile to its general vicinity and hope the torpedo would find the target. There is no guidnace involved from launcher in any of the two.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Mk2 is missing from this exhaustive list 😰

From the Sep-Oct issue of aeromag-
View attachment 126713

But no mention of Mk2 in CAS' interview in aeromag Nov-Dec issue. Infact, it is being omitted in the question itself!

View attachment 126714

Disturbing. Looks like ADA is pushing full steam ahead with Mk2, while IAF is trying to push back against it.
I saw it three times ,I think ur mind omitted it subconsciously

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles