DRDO 155mm Artillery Program

Can DRDO design Artillery able to pass into mass production?

• Total voters

airtel

Country flag
Faulty shell produced by OFB was cause of barrel blast.
Do you have any evidence for your claims ?

What is the proof that these gun were using ofb shells and not Kalyani shells or imported shells ??

What is the evidence that faulty shells caused this accident ?

Did you yourself examine the gun and came to this conclusion ?

You have Found the scapegoat even before the investigation ?

If the gun is performing good it means private companies are better but for any kind of malfunctioning you Will blame OFB ( even without any investigation or evidence ) , and if army officers don't
buy it then you Will again call them import lobby ? ?

manindra

Country flag

What is the proof that these gun were using ofb shells and not Kalyani shells or imported shells ??

If the gun is performing good it means private companies are better but for any kind of malfunctioning you Will blame OFB ( even without any investigation or evidence ) , and if army officers don't
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...osion-probe/articleshow/60815115.cms?from=mdr
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ring-recent-misfires/articleshow/60872628.cms
https://www.financialexpress.com/de...urity-issue-says-former-army-general/1578318/
https://www.timesnownews.com/mirror...of-troops-retd-army-chief-gen-vp-malik/418987
Faulty Ammunition Kills
Defective ammunition: Whose life is it anyway?
Indian Army concerns over quality control, weekly ammunition-related accidents: Why Centre is pushing to corporatize OFB

Flying Dagger

Country flag
They have increased the length of barrel and now it's 58 cal.

ATAGS have been able to fire 48 km range with inc. they can reach 60-70 km too.

For now 155/52 rationalization
is good if we can develop better ammunition for this and Excalibur like round inhouse and the extended rocket to Inc range that's good enough.

India should catch on to this development . These rocket powered round would still be much cheaper than 150 km range ballistic missiles. Could be much cheaper to level all terror infra in Pakistan just from artillery.

vishnugupt

Country flag

Here, So called defence expert will tell you truth just by smelling toward westward (Jaisalmer). Their desktop contain a folder filled with templates of OFB, PSUs, DRDO, HAL.
Most likely news is fake or a minor incident but here people have already done a court of inquiry.

Not to mention Dhanush also suffered barrel burst during trials and it turned out a fake news. May be some kind of kickback maneuver by IA.

Last edited:

manindra

Country flag
Did you read these links before posting ? Check dates ?
Are these related to the latest accident / malfunctioning ?
2017 to 2019 is not ages ago ?
We still didn't see much improvement except Sharang upgrade program.

manindra

Country flag
:facepalm:

Are these reports related to the latest incident involving atags ? ( Yes or No )

Be specific .
You didn't able to prove that barrel burst of ATAG is Metallurgy failure. Major cause of Barrel burst in Artillery is faulty Artillery shells. I am not saying that its current ammunition used by IA in trails, may be they are using old faulty stocks ?
But you are writing off any OFB incompetence is not fair. They have history of shoddy manufacturing.
I am not supporting IA in this case that if they find sub standard product, then why didn't quality control of IA accept that ?

airtel

Country flag
You didn't able to prove that barrel burst of ATAG is Metallurgy failure. Major cause of Barrel burst in Artillery is faulty Artillery shells. I am not saying that its current ammunition used by IA in trails, may be they are using old faulty stocks ?
But you are writing off any OFB incompetence is not fair. They have history of shoddy manufacturing.
I am not supporting IA in this case that if they find sub standard product, then why didn't quality control of IA accept that ?
:facepalm: :facepalm:
Why I would prove that it was metallurgy failure ? I never claimed it .

I only objected against blaming OFB without any investigation

You people are " assuming " things without any investigation .

IMG_20200915_192921.jpg

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
Then what are you blabbering, asking proof , bla bla
So only you can blabber and blame Someone like a retard without any evidence ? And get triggered on asking evidence of your claims ?

manindra

Country flag
So only you can blabber and blame Someone like a retard without any evidence ? And get triggered on asking evidence of your claims ?

You asked OFB's incompetency evidence, I give ton of them , now you are changing Goal Post.
May be you are employee of OFB. Useless.

airtel

Country flag
You asked OFB's incompetency evidence, I give ton of them , now you are changing Goal Post.
May be you are employee of OFB. Useless.
I am just asking for the evidence related to this particular incident , how Did you declare that it was the fault of ofb ?
Screenshot_2020-09-15-19-53-07-32_1b5f9fdbb440c7479d648a5a693b9372.jpg

Maybe you had applied for group D job in OFB and got rejected because of your poor reasoning and comprehension skills and this is why you're triggered :rofl::rofl:

manindra

Country flag
I am just asking for the evidence related to this particular incident , how Did you declare that it was the fault of ofb ?
View attachment 59327
Maybe you had applied for group D job in OFB and got rejected because of your poor reasoning and comprehension skills and this is why you're triggered :rofl::rofl:
Well, as I said majority of Barrel blast caused by faulty shell (As their is no issue in ATAG Gun Barrel metallurgy, even M777 titanium barrel burst due to Mighty OFB's incompetence.
All gun in IA's inventory face barrel burst issue well above acceptable level.
As per your jab of Group D, well you proved that your intelligence is no good than vermin. So, I am still enough for you take to you cleaners without Group D job of OFB.

airtel

Country flag
Well, as I said majority of Barrel blast caused by faulty shell (As their is no issue in ATAG Gun Barrel metallurgy, even M777 titanium barrel burst due to Mighty OFB's incompetence.
All gun in IA's inventory face barrel burst issue well above acceptable level.
As per your jab of Group D, well you proved that your intelligence is no good than vermin. So, I am still enough for you take to you cleaners without Group D job of OFB.
Just because you could not get even group D post in OFB because of your poor reasoning and comprehension skills , you are triggered and blaming OFB for this incident without any evidence .

do you have any evidence of your "assumption" that OFB is responsible for this particular incident ? If yes then please provide it otherwise please stop behaving like pakis and claiming anything and everything under the earth without any evidence .

manindra

Country flag
Just because you could not get group D post in OFB because of your poor reasoning and comprehension skills , you are triggered and blaming OFB for this incident without any evidence .

do you have any evidence of your "assumption" that OFB is responsible for this particular incident ? If yes then please provide it otherwise please stop behaving like pakis and claiming anything and everything under the earth without any evidence .
Do you have any evidence of this is failure of gun Metaluragy ?
Does all IFG 105mm, D30 130mm, Bofors, ULH M777 all have bad Gun Barrels ?
Even they are able to burst titaniam barrel of M777, all hail to OFB.
OFB should be called Pimp of Pakistan & China
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's a duck.
All Guns in the world is Bad , OFB shell is Good.
GOI is also impressed with OFB
MoD appoints KPMG Advisory Services led consortium for consultancy on corporatisation of OFB
Now STFU & cry hard

airtel

Country flag
Well, as I said As their is no issue in ATAG Gun Barrel metallurgy,
Uncle ji ? How Did you declare that ?

PS : even gun barrels of ATAGs are manufactured by OFB , < ye pata to Hoga Nahi ..... You are just blabbering out of your a$$ without any knowledge and evidence .

These guns are under trails and such incidents are bound to happen because such guns are tested in extreme conditions .
There can be multiple reasons for this incident ( including fault of OFB ) but just don't blabber like idiot pakis without any investigation or evidence .

PS : Government wants to sell OFB but please tell me who is going to buy it. 😂😆😂
Will you buy shares of OFB ? 🙄🤔

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
expand...Lol, age shaming
Well, most of the Gun Barrels in IA, inventory is manufactured by OFB.
Their Gun not create problem as much as thier ammunition due to most of the forging & maching done by machines.
But manufacting ammunition required delicate effort.

Indian Army, Government of India, CAG, Me as myself, majority of defence enthusiasts are stupid & wrong only you & your glorious OFB are most intelligent & smart in the world..

uncle ji Fir to investigation Karne ki jaroorat Nahi hai ....... App Bina investigation ke hi sab Kuch BATA dete ho ......

manindra

Country flag
Uncle ji ? How Did you declare that ?
Lol, age shaming

PS : even gun barrels of ATAGs are manufactured by OFB , < ye pata to Hoga Nahi ..... You are just blabbering out of your a$$ without any knowledge and evidence .

These guns are under trails and such incidents are bound to happen because such guns are tested in extreme conditions .
There can be multiple reasons for this incident ( including fault of OFB ) but just don't blabber like idiot pakis without any investigation or evidence .
Well, most of the Gun Barrels in IA, inventory is manufactured by OFB.
Their Gun not create problem as much as thier ammunition due to most of the forging & maching done by machines.
But manufacting ammunition required delicate effort.
As per investigation matter, IA does that regularly & ask OFB do some quality Control. Now you say what OFB done against these type of report.
Army raises alarm over rising accidents due to faulty ammuni .. Read more at: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/69315854.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
I have given tones of report from old to recent that Indian Army complain of shoddy ammunition manufacturing. From old to recent one, now onus on you that what OFB is done to allevete this issue.
Indian Army, Government of India, CAG, Me as myself, majority of defence enthusiasts are stupid & wrong only you & your glorious OFB are most intelligent & smart in the world.

PS : Government wants to sell OFB but please tell me who is going to buy it. 😂😆😂
Will you buy shares of OFB ? 🙄🤔
Well this quote proves that my assesment of your intellegence is not wrong .
You have OFB grade IQ
Government is incorporating OFB as registered company like BEL, BDL, HAL etc.
Even PSUs are not very bright example in performance but still GoI & all persons are so fed up with OFB's incompetence that they are celebrating it like major mile stone.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles