DEFEXPO-2022

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Can you pls post close ups of the various posters at the CASDIC stall.

What's the status of the ASPJ pod for Su-30MKI and the Dhruti RWR?
I believe as part of MLU, Rambhas will be getting an internal rf jamming suite based on the one on MiG-29UPG.

dfcool

Country flag
2032 is for induction,not 1st flight
When is the first flight?
He clearly mentioned they are going to build 4 prototypes only. TEDBF is more challenging to build and get clearance than airforce version due to marine erosion and other factors.
They also going to make some changes to GE engine.

He said CSS approval will be in 2023/24. So i dont expect anything before 2028.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
When is the first flight?
He clearly mentioned they are going to build 4 prototypes only. TEDBF is more challenging to build and get clearance than airforce version due to marine erosion and other factors.

He said CSS approval will be in 2023/24. So i dont expect anything before 2028.
Orca isn't happening right

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
ORCA is land based variant of TEDBF. most people forgot it. Its easy once we develop TEDBF with all clearances. may be it will resurface after completion of AMCA development.
I hope so its such a beautiful plane it will be a crime to not have it in airforce

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
ORCA is land based variant of TEDBF. most people forgot it. Its easy once we develop TEDBF with all clearances.
may be it will resurface after completion of AMCA development. 3 projects are enough now.
ORCA is supposed to be replacement of which aircraft in our current inventory?

dfcool

Country flag
View attachment 178077
Astra Rafael Comsys at DEFEXPO 2022

Astra Rafale is a JV which produces SDR, EW products for fighter jets, UCAVs. Rafael is an israel company which also produces SDR for NATO countries, So our products are pretty much compatible NATO standards. know idea about russian comms.

Would like to know if any other company working in india wrt SDR except DRDO of course.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Astra Rafale is a JV which produces SDR, EW products for fighter jets, UCAVs. Rafael is an israel company which also produces SDR for NATO countries, So our products are pretty much compatible NATO standards. know idea about russian comms.

Would like to know if any other company working in india wrt SDR except DRDO of course.
Tata TSD did one for IAF , but that too was a JV.

Will have to check if any of the idex challenges have SDR in the list, if there is one then domestic companies will develop one.

dfcool

Country flag
Screw drdo. No idli radar than its not. A true awacs
idli deceiving your eyes 😉, idli radar has many drawbacks, 240 degree is better.

idli radar rotates and have one transmitter and receiver, so there is time gap in each rotation. big maintenance and operational cost.

While 240 degree has 2 TR so it can cover 240 without any rotation, just have to watch your back.

I heard even US moving away from idli radar.

surely drdo thought the same.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215