DEFEXPO-2022

Fatalis

Country flag
Tbh naval systems are mostly ignored in most of our defense exhibitions despite having fuck ton of shipyard most have little to none r&d capability and rely on navy for orders and designs
Yeah.

Atleast at DefExpo2020 there were models of P-17A.

This year the only thing which made me happy from naval side was the I-Mast.

abingdonboy

Country flag
No news or post on naval systems.
Tbh Indian media is doing a terrible job of covering this event. It doesn’t seem like they have interviewed even 5% of participants and only seem to stick to the land systems indoor area.

the MoD organised a C17 to take down much of Delhi’s defence media but apparently most are just enjoying the free trip and not doing much coverage.

Haven’t even seen any videos of the DRDO MGS yet

maybe when the show is opened up to visitors it’ll bring more content

abingdonboy

Country flag
There was news of signing of htt-40 after pm launching and 200 k-9 orders
There was also news about update on atags
Other than the ‘unveiling’ of a plastic HTT40 model and announcement of a new airbase in GJ, Modi’s speech delivered nothing.

don’t know why some were reporting there’d be announcements for C295 and K9

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Tbh Indian media is doing a terrible job of covering this event. It doesn’t seem like they have interviewed even 5% of participants and only seem to stick to the land systems indoor area.

the MoD organised a C17 to take down much of Delhi’s defence media but apparently most are just enjoying the free trip and not doing much coverage.

Haven’t even seen any videos of the DRDO MGS yet

maybe when the show is opened up to visitors it’ll bring more content
Next 2 days are my only hope of seeing hals drones

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Funding was awarded for this project to Astra Microwave Pvt Ltd.
Actuators will be on the round, right?
Nah everything is inside the fuze, just plug and fire 🔥.
To be honest I am a very little bit of disappointed that they went with this config if this is truly just a CCF with air brakes only that is only 1-D course correction. Equally aloof is the fact that they went with pgk for 81mm which is a 2D course correction due to its canards. Why don't just use same design for 155mm CCF :confused1:.
For facts, there exists two types of CCF in market, one which provides 1-D course correction and the other which provides 2-D course correction, and the 2-D providing the best CEP of the two. While 1-D CCF may be cheaper and is a whole lot easier to implement than 2-D CCF.
Spacido is expamle of 1-D CCF while American PGK is an example of 2-D CCF

1-D CCF
1666202566905.png

2-D CCF
1666202647764.png

Ye lo kaam ka gyan, , first one is good

Okabe Rintarou

Country flag
Nah everything is inside the fuze, just plug and fire 🔥.
To be honest I am a very little bit of disappointed that they went with this config if this is truly just a CCF with air brakes only that is only 1-D course correction. Equally aloof is the fact that they went with pgk for 81mm which is a 2D course correction due to its canards. Why don't just use same design for 155mm CCF :confused1:.
For facts, there exists two types of CCF in market, one which provides 1-D course correction and the other which provides 2-D course correction, and the 2-D providing the best CEP of the two. While 1-D CCF may be cheaper and is a whole lot easier to implement than 2-D CCF.
Spacido is expamle of 1-D CCF while American PGK is an example of 2-D CCF

1-D CCF
View attachment 177437

2-D CCF
View attachment 177438

Ye lo kaam ka gyan, , first one is good

Thanks for that presentation. Very informative. Maybe they'll further develop 2D or 3D CCF as well after completing 1D CCF development.

On an unrelated note, are there any specs or interview about the new ATAGS Mounted Gun System? I remember one poster about it read "automatic loading of rounds" or something. So is it like Archer MGS in that regard?

omaebakabaka

TBH, given how varied our AD is, trying to have a universal launch platform would just mean waste of space.
I think navy should consider it as it improves logistics and other benefits. AB's have it, and most countries producing their own are kinda moving towards it with different levels of success

Fatalis

Country flag
I think navy should consider it as it improves logistics and other benefits. AB's have it, and most countries producing their own are kinda moving towards it with different levels of success
It's already kind of universal. Not the launcher but the canister. All the canisters for Akash-NG, QRSAM, VL-SRSAM are of same type.

omaebakabaka

It's already kind of universal. Not the launcher but the canister. All the canisters for Akash-NG, QRSAM, VL-SRSAM are of same type.
Sorry, I should have checked. Did not look like the one by LT can support bigger missiles not that I know the scale of it. Basically my understanding is that universal launchers are mix and match based on op profile of missiles.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Defexpo 2020 Defence & Strategy 655
Pandora Questions to be asked during Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 11
sayareakd Defexpo 2018 Defence & Strategy 446
cobra commando Defexpo India 2016 Defence & Strategy 215