Dalit PhD student Rohith Vemula commits suicide: Hyderabad University students cry foul

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
As for Bong bhadraloks even people with my surname Maitra have stood for the downtrodden people.(Kashi Kanta Maitra being one.) In Bengal there is hardly any casteism.
I saw how many bong bhadraloks stood up for Hindus in the malda riots thread. In particular, @pmaitra and his fellow bhadraloks were full of love and support for the bengali Hindus in that thread :rotflmao:. In fact, bengali bhadralok love for fellow hindus were so good that I could not find a single bengali bhadralok commenting on that thread except @jackprince. And now your fellow bhadraloks are busy running a white washing campaign in Social Media on malda riots, claiming how it was not islamists who rioted there but it was BSF vs people and how BJP is trying to malign their glorius (shithole) peaceful state and other similar BS..

Sure sherlock, bhadralok sh*t does not smell indeed:lol:

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
asingh10 sir,

As for Bong bhadraloks even people with my surname Maitra have stood for the downtrodden people.(Kashi Kanta Maitra being one.) In Bengal there is hardly any casteism.
Sir, I would like to disagree to this.....bengalis are very castists under the garb of being intellectual! I can give you many examples. Once we were looking an apartment for a friend in Kolkotta and the first thing the landlady asked was the caste! My friend got married in his caste and their bhadralok parents were very particular about it, I can't even imagine what's happening in rural bengal.

Bengal comes out to be one of the worst states, as it is laced with marxism, extreme islamism / mullahism (supported by the TMC govt.), sham secularism and casteism! What a combination (atleast states like UP & Bihar do not have a mental disease called marxism / leftism)!

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
@maomao I said the same in a rant a few weeks back and you disagreed with me that time :D
Sir, I disagreed with you when you said Bengalis are unpatriotic or all bengalis are not nationalists! :)

I understand that bengalis are bitten by the left liberal bug and it has had a profound impact on them psychologically, however there are people like Tapan Da who fights against islamists from ground zero (noone in India can do that or have courage to do so)!! Slowly but steadily bengal is rising especially in rural bengal, however this population is very low !!

Example: http://www.tuffer.org/

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
She isn't, a woman is not a cattle.

TFR is not the problem in itself, I was wrong.

The Hans have a TFR *well* below replacement rate yet they certainly stand a better chance because they aren't into self loathing and pussy footing about national security issues.

If you can't deal with the problem at 8:2 ratio, then you sure as hell aren't likely to deal with it at 9:1.
True, it may be more about the anti family value & freedom like this shaitan keeps talking about.

Also, what do you think about sufi shrines?

Is this one an exception?https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Pir_Buddan_Shah

I didn't do matha tek there, but did notice persian style idols of dogs & bald lions to the right of the tomb.

I don't know about rest of north but, lot of ones in Punjab accepted Guru Nanak Dev ji as Guru.

I don't know still think the tombs should be cremated & a gurudawara / mandir built there if nessecary.

Land must be cleansed. People can't repaganize muslims because they're scared to attack Mohammed credibility.

They think it's about quran or allah but, muslims believe mohammad was a perfect man & no other has ever been like him or will be.

Such an easy lever to pull but, it means yeah can't do Hindu chalta hai pussy foot attitude to security. Have to be prepared for every muslim to riot simultaneously.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Sir, I would like to disagree to this.....bengalis are very castists under the garb of being intellectual! I can give you many examples. Once we were looking an apartment for a friend in Kolkotta and the first thing the landlady asked was the caste! My friend got married in his caste and their bhadralok parents were very particular about it, I can't even imagine what's happening in rural bengal.

Bengal comes out to be one of the worst states, as it is laced with marxism, extreme islamism / mullahism (supported by the TMC govt.), sham secularism and casteism! What a combination (atleast states like UP & Bihar do not have a mental disease called marxism / leftism)!
Well, I cannot contradict on your personal experience, even though what you faced was nothing but an exception.

Let me tell you a personal thing. A relative of mine got married with a lady who as castes go, belongs to a lower caste. His parents had only a frown to offer - not because of caste, but he did not ask prior permission before making decision like most Indian parents. Only verbal objection came from an NRI uncle who was based in US for last 30 years!

I personally did not know how virulent casteism is until I left for Gujarat.

Castes don't matter in WB, merit does.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
@asingh10 if you leave people single until into 30s you're going to get a kanjar society that converts to secularism & dies (economically as well)
Our concern is to marry them, past that you're right. They're not stupid either but, the malthusan nonsense had to stop.

One thing to study is that every society that promotes natality ends up unstable later. They give examples of Syria, Iran, Egypt etc on right wing but not nazi sites like unz.

Idk, manpower is still useful. You're right about the soft attitude but having dink doesn't help.

Short medium term yes tfr is not issue. Maybe these people will change, interesting thing is either way it will happen (death or survival) in next few decades. It's not long, we're in final stretch..

Gessler

Country flag
Even college fights from india are now getting coverage from BBC.

Any doubts whether india is really moving forward should be left behind.....
BBC picks up whatever big news is flashed across English-speaking national channels' headlines. It is unfortunate that our national headlines are 99% concerning murder, rape, suicide.

It appears the entire media has only one program : CRIME WATCH.

TheRenegades

Anyway it is very disheartening to observe that the shameless politicians are trivializing his death just for their own electoral gains. The Congress/Left and co. are turning this to a Dalit issue and attacking BJP. On the other hand BJP is busy finding out whether Vemula is half or full Dalit.

The sad part is that it was this very notion of reducing a human being to a mere object,as a vote bank, which Vemula vehemently opposed. That he objected against the objectification of Dalits as a vote is quite clear in his suicide note. I hope India can get rid of this pseudo people friendly political parties and instead have a true nationalist party. In this regard I think Congress(the so called Dalit friendly party) should be the first party that should be thrown out of India.

Well said @Peter. I yearn for the day when my fellow countrymen are no longer defined by their last names, but by their individuality & talents.

asingh10

asingh10 sir,

A little learning is indeed a dangerous thing.

lol why do Bhadraloks have a pulpit mentality ? You guys aren't the only learned ones around you know.

Ghosh is not a higher caste title. They fall under Bengali OBC(mahisyas) and one sub-caste(Jaliya Mahisyas) are even in SC list.
I was talking about Sagarika Ghose specifically. She is no OBC.

"Ghosh mostly belong to Kayastha caste"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosh

As for CPI polit bureau. The former minister of education Shri Kanti Biswas belonged to NamaShudra caste which falls under SC list. Technically he may not be of Dalit varna(there are very few Dalits in Bengal as most of them have converted to Islam) as he is from Shudra varna but he is SC anyway. Also there are other CPM members like him including our DD sir from JU. All this comes out after I dug a bit deeper.:biggrin2:

Stating half truths and whole lies certainly does not help one`s cause. One should stick to facts rather than resorting to mindless yellow journalism.

So you cited one or two exceptions but its a fact that in Bengal power is most tightly concentrated in the hands of UC than other states…if caste doesn’t matter then why? Start with mamta banerjee and we can go through the top brass of TMC. WB has the lowest representation of non-upper castes in legislature. And I saw the sympathy of WB UC during Tuktuki mondal, only one man Tapan Ghosh came out to help her family. Rest were busy defending the Jihadi.

Face the facts, Regions w/o communists produced vibrant Dalit assertions & changes unlike communist / samajwaadi ruled ones. 'Manuwaad' becomes more deadly with Marxism. You guys from UP-Bihar-Bengal keep gloating in wretched poverty and brag about secular samajwaad but the condition of Dalits is worst in these 3 states.

asingh10

Eminent humanitarian Communist M.N Roy couldn't find any Dalit from Bengal but found 2 Ashraf Muslims and 2 ladies, wives of Roy & Mukherjee. Then all he could find was Dange from Maharashtra with no background of fighting for the oppressed & Namboodripad from a Kerala Zamindar family.

asingh10

Well, I cannot contradict on your personal experience, even though what you faced was nothing but an exception.

Let me tell you a personal thing. A relative of mine got married with a lady who as castes go, belongs to a lower caste. His parents had only a frown to offer - not because of caste, but he did not ask prior permission before making decision like most Indian parents. Only verbal objection came from an NRI uncle who was based in US for last 30 years!

I personally did not know how virulent casteism is until I left for Gujarat.

Castes don't matter in WB, merit does.
It is better to be a Dalit in Gujarat than in Bengal. Just because there is no outward discrimination does not mean casteism is not there, it takes on a more subtle form. Atleast Dalits and Obc in Gujarat can uplift themselves from poverty. Look at Patidars who are Obc, successful self reliant community. Dalits in bengal however are a permanent underclass who have been sacrified at the altar of bhadralok marxism. From noakhali to malda long legacy.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Eminent humanitarian Communist M.N Roy couldn't find any Dalit from Bengal but found 2 Ashraf Muslims and 2 ladies, wives of Roy & Mukherjee. Then all he could find was Dange from Maharashtra with no background of fighting for the oppressed & Namboodripad from a Kerala Zamindar family.

Firstly the Roy title is used by Brahmans,kayasthas and even some SCs.

Now coming to your illogical query why there are no Dalits in CPM. The thing is there is no equivalent term relating to Dalit in Bengal. Most Bengali SCs claim Shudra varna or Namashudra status. Some of them like Poundras ruled Bengal during the ancient ages. Rajbonshis ruled Coonch beehar. Gayatri Devi,the famous queen belonged to Rajbonshi caste which is under SC list.

http://www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in/htm/sc_list.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pundra_Kingdom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_Rajbongshi_people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayatri_Devi

The Dalits which you are accustomed with form only 4-5% of our population(Mochi,mathor,chamar). Most of the Mochi,Chamars of Bengal adopted Islam during the 13th-17th century. They were mostly Buddhists but after they were persecuted during the reign of Sena raja they turned to Islam when the invaders came.

So I hope you have understood why there are no Dalits in CPM. Now I will be kindly waiting your reply which will be presented with arguments countering mine.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
It is better to be a Dalit in Gujarat than in Bengal. Just because there is no outward discrimination does not mean casteism is not there, it takes on a more subtle form. Atleast Dalits and Obc in Gujarat can uplift themselves from poverty. Look at Patidars who are Obc, successful self reliant community. Dalits in bengal however are a permanent underclass who have been sacrified at the altar of bhadralok marxism. From noakhali to malda long legacy.
Lol there are no Dalits in bengal. Also read my above post.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
l

So you cited one or two exceptions but its a fact that in Bengal power is most tightly concentrated in the hands of UC than other states…if caste doesn’t matter then why? Start with mamta banerjee and we can go through the top brass of TMC. WB has the lowest representation of non-upper castes in legislature. And I saw the sympathy of WB UC during Tuktuki mondal, only one man Tapan Ghosh came out to help her family. Rest were busy defending the Jihadi.
Tuktuki Mondal fell in love with the Muslim youth in question.I have read the entire Anandabazar,Bartaman,etc paper`s articles on the incident. The girl`s father probably was a man with archaic family values and could not let his daughter marry a Muslim(maybe he was a dirty yavan to him). So he created the false impression that his daughter had been kidnapped. Infact his daughter had willingly eloped with the Muslim youth. They had fallen in love in school. Tuktuki herself told that she had gone to the boy on her own. After that no one can defend her father.

Again ask @jackprince @bose @mikhail sirs on this issue.

So read this.

http://www.firstpost.com/india/afte...eturns-unharmed-to-mograhat-home-2353604.html

Meanwhile, IG (Law and Order) Anuj Sharma told reporters at the state secretariat here that the girl had left on her own and she was not forcibly taken away.
"As per our information about her communication with police, she is not eager to return home," the IG added.

I had even seen an interview by a Bengal channel where she vehemently denied kidnapping.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

Sir, I went to mars and then read your comment. After reading your comment in mars I am still convinced that there is no casteism in Bengal. Ciao sir.

dhananjay1

A little correction, Patidars are not obc. They fall under general category both at the state level and central level. Some of them want obc status, hence Hardik Patel circus.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
A little correction, Patidars are not obc. They fall under general category both at the state level and central level. Some of them want obc status, hence Hardik Patel circus.
asingh10 does not know anything about castes. He is busy spreading half truths and whole lies in this forum.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
I saw how many bong bhadraloks stood up for Hindus in the malda riots thread. In particular, @pmaitra and his fellow bhadraloks were full of love and support for the bengali Hindus in that thread :rotflmao:. In fact, bengali bhadralok love for fellow hindus were so good that I could not find a single bengali bhadralok commenting on that thread except @jackprince. And now your fellow bhadraloks are busy running a white washing campaign in Social Media on malda riots, claiming how it was not islamists who rioted there but it was BSF vs people and how BJP is trying to malign their glorius (shithole) peaceful state and other similar BS..

Sure sherlock, bhadralok sh*t does not smell indeed:lol:
No media outlet reported the so called riots. It could well have been a manufactured riot by a few blind bhakts like you.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles