Dalit PhD student Rohith Vemula commits suicide: Hyderabad University students cry foul

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
@Peter whether some leader of SCs from Bengal does not like a term which is popular in Northern India, doesn't mean that they do not belong to that group of people. Yes, the condition of Shudra, as you insist to call, has improved in Bengal and they have become equal in everything but in the eyes of the govt. But, then Bengal actually pioneered the movement of anti-untouchability since the time of Raja Ram Mohan and Vidyasagar, much before Gandhi coined the term Dalit. However, their wanting to be differentiated from the rest of the India's Shudras, who are called Dalits after Gandhi popularised the term, does not mean their roots are any different. The Dalits of all over the India surely were not called Dalits when people did not start movement against Untouchability.

The Dalits are shudras and shudras are dalits.

asingh10

Reform movements against caste have been going on since much before Roy & Vidyasagar actually. Kapalikas (Shaiva sect), for instance, were making Sudras & untouchables into Brahmanas in 10th century.

There's many other e.g. from even before.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Reform movements against caste have been going on since much before Roy & Vidyasagar actually. Kapalikas (Shaiva sect), for instance, were making Sudras & untouchables into Brahmanas in 10th century.

There's many other e.g. from even before.
Forget these small reform movements. Buddhism was a bigger reform movement without the bhadraloks. Infact, bhadraloks were so caste free, largest buddhist pop(Buddhism had become the relgion of the lower castes by then) in India was actually present in Bengal before islam came. No castism indeed.:rolleyes:

TheRenegades

BTW why people blind about 25% Indians seriously! don't know Basics of Caste.

The above 3 castes are OC,4th BC-Sudra(obc) and 5th are SC-Dalit (tribals are not any caste but they included in ST).
This graph is so effin' discriminatory. Apex predator on the top huh (sarcasm)

pmaitra

@asingh10,

Caste is virtually non-existent in West Bengal. Sure, there is a history of Brahmanism, and there are disenchanted people due to remnants of the past here and there. These fringe incidents do not reflect West Bengal or Bengali society at all. People who have grown up in a caste-hierarchical society, will see everything from their own perspective. The numerous screenshots you have posted proves nothing, and much of the content therein is divorced from reality.

@saty,

The word Dalit is not used in West Bengal. Whatever term GoI uses, is due to the fact it was probably coined by individuals from those regions where this term is used. West Bengal, or for that matter any state, is not obligated to adopt terms from a different region. However, as @jackprince said, the term is a matter of semantics, and at the end of the day, arguing over semantics is rather inane.

@Mad Indian,

I can understand your frustration. I am sorry you were not born in an equitable society, and had the misfortune of being born in a place where, God forbid, if there is some natural calamity tomorrow, your corpse will be left to rot by your upper caste neighbours, unless some bhadralok (most likely affiliated to some left organization, and most likely an upper caste) comes from another state to give your corpse the honour of last rites. :lol: Right now, you are being very abhadra. Do not forget what Hinduism teaches us. Try to be bhadra, and perhaps in your next life, you could be born in better circumstances, and won't spend your sorry existence whining and complaining. Remember, bad deeds and bad words risks us all to be re-born as animals.

Last edited:

pmaitra

ALL SC'S are dalits in India only SC&ST have rights to book any one under SC&ST atrocity act as per our const&law. Read my post again and again'Stop your non sense follow constitution&law.'

Dalit, meaning "oppressed" inSouth Asia, is the self-chosen political name of castes in theSAARCregion which thevarna systemconsiders "untouchable".[4][5]Though the name Dalit has been in existence since the nineteenth century, the economist and reformerB. R. Ambedkar(1891–1956) popularised the term.[6]Dalits were excluded from the four-fold Varna system and formed the unmentioned fifth varna; they were also called Panchama.[7]While "scheduled castes" (SC) is the legal name for those who were formerly considered "untouchable,"
All SCs are not Dalits.

There are SCs from Shudra and Vaishyas as well.

Basically, you are wrong.

pmaitra

Are you God if not follow Indian Constitution&Law :p.They defined all SC's(legal name) are DALITS's.Period case closed.May be later some castes(from BC's) are added into it.If they added they become SC defacto dalits.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalit

read it

====================================================
different in different states http://socialjustice.nic.in/sclist.php
Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order, 1950 (PART III. — Rules and Orders under the Constitution)
1 [THE SCHEDULE PART I. -PART XIX.—West Bengal

1. Bagdi, Duley 2. Bahelia 3. Baiti 4. Bantar 5. Bauri 6. Beldar 7. Bhogta 8. Bhuimali 9. Bhuiya 10. Bind 11. Chamar, Charmakar, Mochi, Muchi, Rabidas, Ruidas, Rishi 12. Chaupal 13. Dabgar 14. Damai (Nepali) 15. Dhoba, Dhobi 16. Doai 17. Dom, Dhangad 18. Dosadh, Dusadh, Dhari, Dharhi 19. Ghasi 20. Gonrhi 21. Halalkhor 3 [22. Hari, Mehtar, Mehtor, Bhangi, Balmiki] 23. Jalia Kaibartta 24. Jhalo Malo, Malo 25. Kadar 26. Kami (Nepali) 27. Kandra 28. Kanjar 29. Kaora 30. Karenga, Koranga 31. Kaur 32. Keot, Keyot 33. Khaira 34. Khatik 35. Koch 36. Konai 37. Konwar 38. Kotal 39. Kurariar 40. Lalbegi 41. Lohar 42. Mahar 43. Mal 44. Mallah 45. Musahar 46. Namasudra 47. Nat 48. Nuniya 49. Paliya 50. Pan, Sawasi 51. Pasi 52. Patni 53. Pod, Poundra 54. Rajbanshi 55. Rajwar 56. Sarki (Nepali) 57. Sunri (excluding Saha) 58. Tiyar 59. Turi. 1 [60. Chain
No, I am not God. It is just that I am going to say, for the second time, what I have said once already. All SCs are not Dalits.

I read the link. This is what it says:
While "scheduled castes" (SC) is the legal name for those who were formerly considered "untouchable," the term Dalit also encompasses scheduled tribes (ST) and other historically disadvantaged communities who were traditionally excluded from society.[8]
The portion in red is wrong. Also, check the citation.

BTW, do you have any knowledge about the subject you are talking about? Let me give you two examples from the list in your post.
  • Rajbanshi: When were they untouchables?
  • Poundra: When were they untouchables?
Now, tell me, how true is this statement from whatever source you got it from?
While "scheduled castes" (SC) is the legal name for those who were formerly considered "untouchable,"
Try to read a little more into detail instead of petulantly spouting your ignorant drivel.

pmaitra

Hey @saty, you have just been booted out. Did not feel like stooping to your level, but knowing who you are, I have a lot of subject matter to touch upon. I just choose to be civilized.

"Be arrogant with arrogant people, but don't pick a fight with a pig in the dirt pit, because both will get dirty, but the pig will like it." - P Maitra.

Varahamihira

Country flag
So the guy turned out be a converted Christian from vaddera(OBC). Confirmed by his paternal grand parents.
http://www.andhrajyothy.com/Artical?SID=197901

That's why he hated anything saffron,implying Hindu..

This guy was against hanging of Yakub but he hanged himself.
Was he murdered by fake certificate racket?

Title of the thread should be changed to Fake Dalit PhD student.

Nuvneet Kundu

So the guy turned out be a converted Christian from vaddera(OBC). Confirmed by his paternal grand parents.

Yesterday I saw a news channel was randomly interviewing the protesters, one man said 'Rohith said that forgive my tormentors for killing me. What Rohith has said is like Jesus'. That's when I started having doubts about his alleged Dalit identity. Then I saw on facebook groups, Christians were saying "use all benefits reservations, get educated, once you have a graduation certificate then officially declare yourself Christian". They are siphoning off the rights of even deserving Dalits. The administration must do something about it. Once someone has changed their religion, they can't claim any reservation as the constitution clearly mentions that reservations can't be given on the basis of religion. You can't do the Dalit Christian and Dalit Muslim drama. either you are a Dalit or a Christian/Muslim.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

There is a possibility that. He would have realised that once judiciary came into picture for their ongoing case, his background would be thoroughly vetted. Still I believe the other four should also be vetted, there might be more skeletons in the cupboard.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Yesterday I saw a news channel was randomly interviewing the protesters, one man said 'Rohith said that forgive my tormentors for killing me. What Rohith has said is like Jesus'. That's when I started having doubts about his alleged Dalit identity. Then I saw on facebook groups, Christians were saying "use all benefits reservations, get educated, once you have a graduation certificate then officially declare yourself Christian". They are siphoning off the rights of even deserving Dalits. The administration must do something about it. Once someone has changed their religion, they can't claim any reservation as the constitution clearly mentions that reservations can't be given on the basis of religion. You can't do the Dalit Christian and Dalit Muslim drama. either you are a Dalit or a Christian/Muslim.
This was Kancha Illiah the closet Jesuit who said the above!!

I also heard him say this and I knew then this guy could be a convert to xianity, more so I already knew Rohit was a vaddhera an landowning OBC enrolled on fake SC certificate!! (Rohith's conversion history and fake SC certificates needs to be investigated and people who are running this sham protests need to be exposed, more so what is the agenda behind all the fake news being aired live as some stupid revolution which usually dies down))!!

I'm simply amazed at the lies the media propagates for the left / marxists and the xian/jihadi lobby! Are these media houses so brain dead they end up supporting the lies or the money is so huge that they can sell their mother for the same!!

This lie about Rohit being a Hindu Dalit needs to be exposed to the world!

The student beaten by this convert Rohith i.e Sushil Kumar is a Dalit and Badaru Dattatreya (Minister) is also a Dalit, the media completely made it look like some UCs are responsible for some Dalit's suicide! WOW

There could be one aspect or a small lie....here the whole story is a lie! Evangelist funded MSM needs to be exposed again!

Last edited:

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
One Dalit suicide shouldn't be a national issue but farmers rising suicide all over India and pathetic condition in Bundelkhand,Punjab and Maharashtra.

Moreover this Dalit sympathized with a hanged circumcised terrorist.

P-S PM report of these kind should be made public to ascertain if he was himself circumcised or not and not taking undue advantage of Dalit reservation.

Nuvneet Kundu

This was Kancha Illiah the closet Jesuit who said the above!!

I also heard him say this and I knew then this guy could be a convert to xianity, more so I already knew Rohit was a vaddhera an landowning OBC enrolled on fake SC certificate!! (Rohith's conversion history and fake SC certificates needs to be investigated and people who are running this sham protests need to be exposed, more so what is the agenda behind all the fake news being aired live as some stupid revolution which usually dies down))!!

I'm simply amazed at the lies the media propagates for the left / marxists and the xian/jihadi lobby! Are these media houses so brain dead they end up supporting the lies or the money is so huge that they can sell their mother for the same!!

This lie about Rohit being a Hindu Dalit needs to be exposed to the world!

The student beaten by this convert Rohith i.e Sushil Kumar is a Dalit and Badaru Dattatreya (Minister) is also a Dalit, the media completely made it look like some UCs are responsible for some Dalit's suicide! WOW

There could be one aspect or a small lie....here the whole story is a lie! Evangelist funded MSM needs to be exposed again!
This is a deliberate ploy employed by the west. Just today I read a news that the famous acid attack victim girl is starting a fashion business. Who gave the money? you can imagine. The modus operandi is, to find 'victims' in a society and turn them into global stars, so that the global audience starts identifying with those negative connotations whenever your country's name is mentioned. Rape victim, acid attack victim, dalit victim, muslim victim, and all sorts of victims are deliberately given a high profile by the western media, and anti-national NGOs/revolutionary groups are given funding and awards (Magsaysay, Nobel), their public profile is raised to prevent them from being assassinated by intel agencies. Also, when a card-carrying 'victim' becomes the face of something big, it's like that person's tragedy keeps staring you in the face everytime you see him/her and reminds you that India is an unjust society. It's psychological warfare.

They did the same with Malala. I am no lover of Pakistan but I agree with Pakistani nationalists that she is a CIA agent. The whole reason her profile was raised was because they wanted to shame Pakistan and use this as a stick to beat Pakistan in perpetuity. Same reason our guy Kailash won the award. This weakens our soft power and makes us vulnerable to an accusation of hypocrisy whenever we take a moral stand in any international affair. At the same time, it fills our own citizens with doubt, self-hatred for belonging to 'an unjust society'. All these things prevent us from taking pride in anything that is Indian. It prevents us from embarking on any new ambitious projects. So tomorrow if ISRO announces a moon mission, the leftists would say 'girls are getting raped and you want to send a rocket to the moon?' 'the govt can't protect dalits but it wants to send a man on the moon'. The media lobby will then amplify the message and echo it repeatedly to put the majority in a guilt trap.

dhananjay1

If the article about this guy's facebook wall is true then he seems to be a very unstable guy wandering from one ideology to the other and jumping bandwagons randomly. Nationalism, secularism, christianity, gandhism, aaptardism, ambedkarism, Islamism, anarchism and everything in between.

DingDong

Country flag
This is a deliberate ploy employed by the west. Just today I read a news that the famous acid attack victim girl is starting a fashion business. Who gave the money? you can imagine. The modus operandi is, to find 'victims' in a society and turn them into global stars, so that the global audience starts identifying with those negative connotations whenever your country's name is mentioned. Rape victim, acid attack victim, dalit victim, muslim victim, and all sorts of victims are deliberately given a high profile by the western media, and anti-national NGOs/revolutionary groups are given funding and awards (Magsaysay, Nobel), their public profile is raised to prevent them from being assassinated by intel agencies. Also, when a card-carrying 'victim' becomes the face of something big, it's like that person's tragedy keeps staring you in the face everytime you see him/her and reminds you that India is an unjust society. It's psychological warfare.

They did the same with Malala. I am no lover of Pakistan but I agree with Pakistani nationalists that she is a CIA agent. The whole reason her profile was raised was because they wanted to shame Pakistan and use this as a stick to beat Pakistan in perpetuity. Same reason our guy Kailash won the award. This weakens our soft power and makes us vulnerable to an accusation of hypocrisy whenever we take a moral stand in any international affair. At the same time, it fills our own citizens with doubt, self-hatred for belonging to 'an unjust society'. All these things prevent us from taking pride in anything that is Indian. It prevents us from embarking on any new ambitious projects. So tomorrow if ISRO announces a moon mission, the leftists would say 'girls are getting raped and you want to send a rocket to the moon?' 'the govt can't protect dalits but it wants to send a man on the moon'. The media lobby will then amplify the message and echo it repeatedly to put the majority in a guilt trap.
This government is going to dig out these misfit only to bury them again, I am clearly seeing strong conviction. Every controversy is a lesson, we can learn and upgrade our methods and tools.

Status quo needed to be broken, and it has been broken, now is the time to move into phase 2.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles