Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Shit !!! Seeing this thread only now... darn, I wish I could plead and throw a tantrum to not let DFI die, but I get it.... it is a time, money and resource intensive job to keep it running.

I joined DFI way, way, way back... agreed with many, butted heads with a few, but learned a lot. Went on a hiatus, got back to infrequently posting and in the process learned a LOT. Thanks to ALL of you past & present members, @Singh & @Yusuf especially, all the Mods. I dont know where we may meet each other again or if we will ever meet, but know that it was great knowing you all.

By the way, this is true, when I created the account at DFI originally I had a bunch of time on my hands and created account on a few such forums (I only remember bharatrakshak), the only place I always kept returning to was DFI.

I'll keep checking back here on and off. If there is any recommendation of an India centric forum of this quality and you're all going to be on it, please put that recommendation on some special sticky thread.

PS: Does anyone know a medical course for treatment of addiction to the "Idiotic Musings of you know who" thread.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
I'll keep checking back here on and off. If there is any recommendation of an India centric forum of this quality and you're all going to be on it, please put that recommendation on some special sticky thread.

PS: Does anyone know a medical course for treatment of addiction to the "Idiotic Musings of you know who" thread.
BTW I too need treatment for addiction of musing threads :megusta:

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
it's a punch to the gut to see this forum shutting down.

Since there is a requirement for a Bharat - Hindu centric forum, pretty sure another space would open up.
I suspect this forum got shut down not because of financial reasons but the 'other' reasons.

Is it GOI policies that made running this forum an issue needs to be found out.

sydsnyper

Country flag

Since there is a requirement for a Bharat - Hindu centric forum, pretty sure another space would open up.
I suspect this forum got shut down not because of financial reasons but the 'other' reasons.

What "other" reasons. We live in a world where 4chan exists.. the paki forum was full of genocidal hate mongers, and they survived... what other reason... please specify. I am now curious. The expense of time, money and people I can understand, but there shouldn't be any other reason.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag

Ya'll Nibbiars you need 3 lakhs + Rupees per year to run this forum.

Haldilal

Country flag
If a cost breakdown is shared, avenues and opportunities to meet the requirements can be discussed.
Ya'll Nibbiars Business package + other costs.

1719071345916.png

sydsnyper

Country flag
If a cost breakdown is shared, avenues and opportunities to meet the requirements can be discussed.
Well, first lets get a commitment of the number of people who are willing to pool in money. Then we divide the amount between those people. For example, lets say there are 15 people willing to pool money, it would be a different kind of share per person, v/s if there were 150 people who are willing to contrinute.

Then, we need to nominate a team of people who will handle the tech stuff.....

FINALLY, a team of BONAFIDE DFI'ians who will be the Mods. The more the merrier.... this is one area where we may get f***ed. Most people want to be mods to either play out their narcissistic fantasies or play god.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Well, first lets get a commitment of the number of people who are willing to pool in money. Then we divide the amount between those people. For example, lets say there are 15 people willing to pool money, it would be a different kind of share per person, v/s if there were 150 people who are willing to contrinute.

FINALLY, a team of BONAFIDE DFI'ians who will be the Mods. The more the merrier.... this is one area where we may get f***ed. Most people want to be mods to either play out their narcissistic fantasies or play god.
@Haldilal - I am willing to pay a contribution to revive DFI. Please put my name on the rolls. Catch you later on discord.

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars first back up till now we only got the DRDO Thread Back Ups.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy

I can do 50k a year

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Not an expert at setting up forums but a basic search for Xenforo alternatives gave me these results

May be we can make a separate thread to either buy this one or create a new one and discuss there

indiatester

Country flag

Lets do it. You can take me as committed.
This sort of website is not just useful for countering propaganda, but also for training any new AI models to ensure that the truth with enough data is out there.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag

I can manage 500 per month (im still a student) so i can only spare that much

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars @AsuraKiller203 already declared to contribute few couple dollars buck on the Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles