Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
I thought someone already approached Yusuf to buy this one.
How is that going?
If that is feasible, willing to pitch in 50k per year to whoever is trying to do that.
Ya'll Nibbiars Rahul @Singh owns the domain, @LurkerBaba Njbba owns the Servers, both have still not replied.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars There's this tool, HTTrack, which allows us to save entire page with media and all. But setting it up is kinda ass. Someone if has time, please give it a try.

In the meantime, atleast the team will save the raw html parts. They got the css too and when applied it looked alright. Can build an extension which will ensure the navigation is alright between pages locally stored.

Haldilal

Country flag
Been part of this forum, it's really sad that this forum going to close... Can't we shift this to other server , I love to contribute.
Ya'll Nibbiars we are discussing it on the Discord.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Been part of this forum, it's really sad that this forum going to close... Can't we shift this to other server , I love to contribute.
Are you on Discord.. if no, please join discord. Discussions going on there..

Haldilal

Country flag
Can you start a list of members who are willing to financially contribute?
Ya'll Nibbiars we are making a list on the Discord server.

Extraordinary

Scrapped some thread but images aren't being downloaded properly.
The images are stored as attachments and it is in the website memory fetcher as link render.

Our best hope is that the forum gets saved.

At this point if anyone wants the code I will clean up and send it tmrw, you may scrap it if you want to.

20240623_094355.jpg

sydsnyper

Country flag
Let's overestimate it to be 4.8 lakh per yr for sake of calculation... means 40k per month.

Are 40 members willing to contribute 1k per month? Or 80 members willing to contribute 500 per month?

For sake of convenience... payment responsibility can be fixed in alternate months with 160 members paying 500 for 6 months each.

Not difficult.
Hop on to the discord server and we can discuss there.

@Yusuf , @Singh, @LurkerBaba , @Indx TechStyle , @esaza and others, we need your help to get a since of direction of how to go about organizing it... please help..

Haldilal

Country flag
Scrapped some thread but images aren't being downloaded properly.
The images are stored as attachments and it is in the website memory fetcher as link render.

Our best hope is that the offer gets saved.

At this point if anyone wants the code I will clean up and send it tmrw, you may scrap it if you want to.

View attachment 259000
Ya'll Nibbiars let's first decide who downloads what and which thread, or duplication will happen. @NoobWannaLearn Nobba which one are you downloading?.

Kumaoni

Wow. This is tough news. I joined this forum in december 2021. Had a lot of posts, fights, agreements, reconciliations. Came on here sober. Came on here drunk. Came on here. Came on here depressed. Came on here happy. Definitely one of the best forums.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Sayonara DFI.

It had been one heck of a ride. I came to the forum nearly a decade ago after being a lurker for some amount of time. I wanted to know a bit about defence news and also improve my writing skills. DFI did not fail me in both categories. It was a place where I could glance through relevant geopolitical threads while chiming in with my opinions, often utopian and too idealistic. I had my fair share of disagreements and feuds but this is the only place I could truly call as my online home.

DFI members came from all across India and the globe and we became something of a family. Despite being under the veil of online anonymity we managed to make something so unique and special here. I am saddened by the fact that this had to end so soon.

I am generally not as active on this forum as I used to be but I logged in one last time to pay my utmost respect to all the members and staff who made DFI such a special place.

Last edited:

Haldilal

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars we barley have one to two dozen contributors even with some generous donors like @AsuraKiller203 Nibbas we have not even reached 1 lakes rupees target.

Haldilal

Country flag

Haldilal

Country flag
But is the deal done?
Why are donating?
Has singh given permission?
Ya'll Nibbiars only words, nothing concerte. No Official fund raising stared till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles