Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars everyone @SKC Nibba Has found Defenceforumindia.in domain available should he purchase it?. Need all your concert, till 2030 for 1,800 rupees per three year.

Extraordinary

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars everyone @SKC Nibba Has found Defenceforumindia.in domain available should he purchase it?. Need all your concert, till 2030 for 1,800 rupees per three year.
We should wait for a few days.
Let's see if the owners here reply

tomthounaojam

Country flag
If DFI is really closing I will create another one.
As much as I hate for this forum to go, if you are opening a forum, count me in I will chip in whatever I can, BR or TeamBHP are all for Victorian-era folks, we need a dynamic free souls forum and also we need to show Pakis we are there if we close, it is a BIG win for the other side.

hurrians

Country flag
Important Dates

Expires On

2030-01-06

Registered On

2011-01-06

i think it's owned by GoDaddy

Updated On

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
I second this. Telegram is the freest alternative that would allow the kind of unimpeded discourse we had here on DFI. Reddit is too libergandu, any subreddit by us will not survive long. Failing that, Haldilal's Discord is the second best option; even so Discord is also getting woker and woker by the day, we won't be able to post as freely and unabashedly as we do here, lest we risk bans.

So, if we prioritize purpose over reach, Telegram would be the best option. But yes, I do acknowledge it wouldn't have nowhere near the same level and extent of reach as DFI did in terms of attracting new members, we would have to keep it alive, if even 5 people drop off, it will die.

P.S: Having contributed my two cents to the solution, I don't want to miss this opportunity if this is indeed the last time. I've had fights, disagreements, laughs, enjoyment, bans, suspensions, redpilling, blackpilling etc etc in this forum.

I don't know if I love you guys and I'm pretty sure I hate some of you, but I'll fucking miss every single one of you. If we never talk again after DFI closes, I just wanna say good luck to you beautiful MFers in whatever you do in the future:truestory::truestory::truestory:
I don't know if you know me or not but I learnt more about geopolitics (especially revolving around the conflict between Russia & Ukraine) from you. You write such good posts giving detailed rebuttals to western narratives, learnt a lot from you.

I gotta give the credit to @StealthFlanker the most because I learnt so much from him when it comes to technical knowledge. I hope I can one day make a home-made drone or missile (badhmai Pakistan mai accidentally bhejna hai :troll:)

From what I know, you had made multiple IDs on this forum, first was @Optimistic Nihilist and another one which I don't remember.

Well done to you @Trial By Fire brother. :india:

SKC

Country flag
Would it be OK to just scrap the text data?
I am using the same tool he is using and most images aren't copied as they are fetched and rendered on DFI.
I don't have any personal laptop these days.
I am using corporate one where I cannot install any installation. I have downloaded the zip version of the httrack. Will try that today. There are few other restrictions which might cause issues in scrapping all threads on DFI.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Atleast if a channel of contact could be established with the current owners that'd be one thing. This silence is a bit worrying.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Atleast if a channel of contact could be established with the current owners that'd be one thing. This silence is a bit worrying.
Ya'll Nibbiars still now no reply has been made.

Illusive

Country flag
This is so sudden, but we can build a new website if we all contribute. This forum is way too important to just shut of like that.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
Pls share link of Chinese defence forum which is Cantonese language.

JBH22

All good things have to end.
It was a pleasure to post on this forum since early days. Joined as a young men now well past my mid 30s, I don't think I will join another forum. It's too protracted process to navigate this again, I guess thank you to the owner of this forum and @brahmos who invited me to join this place.
Take care and cheers 🍻 👏 ✌

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles