Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extraordinary

View attachment 258962

To those interested , Ashwin from Strat Front is giving the green signal.
Folks would be saving a few thread data.
I would personally achieve the ancient weapons thread. But the large majority of threads are too big and cumbersome to just archive with copy paste.
Things are in the process and if we get the access we can port contents from this website.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Folks would be saving a few thread data.
I would personally achieve the ancient weapons thread. But the large majority of threads are too big and cumbersome to just archive with copy paste.
Things are in the process and if we get the access we can port contents from this website.
Man i hate this shit but i would try

Sanatani

Country flag
Guys whoever are technically strong please find a way out. This forum has become my go to place whenever I am in a bad mood or if I am upset. Feels like seeing a lot of mirror images of myself. No words to express my grief.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Country flag
All I wish now is this: if DFI cannot be saved in its current state (that is it cannot operate any further) then something needs to be done to at least preserve all the posts written on this forum by all the members. Some Chinese bot accounts can be left out and deleted but we have discussed so many things in the past for so many years that I simply cannot stand back and watch so many years of my digital asylum just vanish into thin air like that. Still no response from @Yusuf on this matter.

Anirbann Datta

Eternal Flame
Country flag
Strat Front

That forum is kinda way low weight-ed and is with way lesser member interaction.
Bharat Rakshak
Not much open to negative ideas... so closed my acc way down the time line.

Guess, will put an stop for my forum lurking after 10072034..( 2 years as a ghost+ 2016- till)😭.

If the forum needs crowdfunding to keep afloat, will happily try to contribute... been like at home here..

sameer3694

Damn, this absolutely come out of nowhere. This place was a big refuge from the liberandu dominated reddit.

Anyway, since the decision has already been made, someone needs to make an archive of all the important threads. The sheer wealth of information on this forum especially is too important to be lost forever. We can leave out the political and the idiotic musings threads, but the defence realated threads need to be archived for the new website.
And strat front and BRF both suck. Bad UI and quality of discussion is too one sided.

I really hope the owners think through this man. Maybe they can negotiate a buy out or something.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Mehlya nashtar nako laav.
Ya'll Nibbiars while the offer was given the owners still have not given the answers, AFAIK, Rahul Singh owns the Domains, while Lurker Baba owns the Servers.

Azaad

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars while the offer was given the owners still have not given the answers, AFAIK, Rahul Singh owns the Domains, while Lurker Baba owns the Servers.
Mhanun punha boltoy nashtar nako laav. Kaam zhalyavar kalel. Tu madhe tochan maru nakos.

Extraordinary

So who is actually responsible for all the data present here?

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles