Closure of DFI effective 10th July 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azaad

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars they said they got bored after running the site for last 15 years,even their kids are teenager now, and when asked about the ownership transfer, they didn't metioned anything.

We have few strong financial backers who can contribute money easily if needed we will ask for More,

And Some one suggested corporate more like the TeamBHP.

The new site Iike this not for commercial for profit but fir greater good.
@SwordOfDarkness

Post your comment about mirroring the contents of the website here along with other particulars including the costs. Let other concerned members also be in the loop in order to make an informed decision which we can arrive at in a day or two.

There are members like @Haldilal ; @SKC ; @another_armchair etc who're busy scraping off data from here. If the objective is mirroring scraping off is unnecessary IMO.

Pugilist

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars they said they got bored after running the site for last 15 years,even their kids are teenager now, and when asked about the ownership transfer, they didn't metioned anything.

We have few strong financial backers who can contribute money easily if needed we will ask for More,

And Some one suggested corporate more like the TeamBHP.

The new site Iike this not for commercial for profit but fir greater good.
Questions:

1. How much do you need to set up a new forum (without data from current DFI site as it belongs to current owners; and

2. How much will current owners want for data and or site;

Someone needs to work out [1] soon (at a high level). We will know about [2], hopefully soon.

I don’t recommend you call for contributions yet and represent these contributions as ownership/equity of new site until at least [1] is known.

Membership and ownership needs to be kept separate.

Equity owners of new site should only be the ones who financially contribute to the site set up and ongoing costs - how they recoup their investment is for them (ad revenue, membership fees etc etc).

P.S. For all those who are downloading data from this site, careful as you will be breaching copyright and other laws.

here2where

Questions:

1. How much do you need to set up a new forum (without data from current DFI site as it belongs to current owners; and

Someone needs to work out [1] soon (at a high level). We will know about [2], hopefully soon.

I don’t recommend you call for contributions yet and represent these contributions as ownership/equity of new site until at least [1] is known.

Equity owners of new site should only be the ones who financially contribute to the site set up and ongoing costs - how they recoup their investment is for them (ad revenue, membership fees etc etc).

P.S. For all those who are downloading data from this site, careful as you will be breaching copyright and other laws.
Sorry to come across as being negative, but a new forum without DFI’s pure-gold data will be DOA. Data is what will drive revenue. Every attempt must be made in securing it legally with the current owner(s).

Azaad

Country flag
Sorry to come across as being negative, but a new forum without DFI’s pure-gold data will be DOA. Data is what will drive revenue. Every attempt must be made in securing it legally with the current owner(s).
First get the data & store it securely. We'd discuss details like ownership of content with those concerned later.

skywatcher

Country flag
He's asking for the Cantonese version & being the certified retard you are , you share the link for the non Cantonese version.

This is the reason I support Eugenics. Dysgenic foetus's like you would be aborted. Of course the Han would prepare a broth out of you. You wouldn't be a complete waste that we think you are , Chang.
son, why do you keep whining and swearing all the time? Frustrated with your own life? I know you have a low level of educational background. Previously, you said solar panels can transform heat to electricity.
i_f25.png

639b1bfbly1hocdbbeuvfj20xc0m87ea.jpg

Pugilist

Country flag
Yes this is valid and accurate statement.

However, people cannot simply download the data because the site is closing. Need to follow correct legal process and seek the owner/s’ consent.

If a new site is to be set up, it can be set up and and discussions and planning in this regard should occur now - see my suggestions above, Once the DFI data (is legally obtained) it can be back ended into the new site (happy to corrected on this as this is not my expertise).

However, if the new site is up and running and without consent the owners of the new site decide to populate data from the DFI site onto their new website, they are exposing themselves to serious legal and financial risks. For example, If the owners decide to sell their site and data (after the new site is up and running) and the DFI site/data buyer is not a current member or associated with the new site, it is likely, he or she will send legal notices to the new site and their owners and pursue them in this regard.

Azaad

Country flag
son, why do you keep whining and swearing all the time? Frustrated with your own life? I know you have a low level of educational background. Previously, you said solar panels can transform heat to electricity. View attachment 259040
View attachment 259039
Ashamed of calling me dad , Chang , my retarded son ? Whining & swearing ? Since when is stating facts about you whining & swearing ?

Conduct a poll on whether members here think you're sane . I'm sure except you , nobody'd be shocked by the results son.

You mean the same thread where you considered burning coal to generate power to be mechanical energy & not chemical energy ?

Tell us you're a Gaokao fail without telling us you're a Gaokao fail.
i_f25.png

skywatcher

Country flag
son, why do you keep whining and swearing all the time? Frustrated with your own life? I know you have a low level of educational background. Previously, you said solar panels can transform heat to electricity. View attachment 259040
View attachment 259039
R
Ashamed of calling me dad , Chang my retarded son ? Whining & swearing ? Since when is stating facts about you whining & swearing ?

Conduct a poll on whether members here think you're sane . I'm sure except you , nobody'd be shocked by the results son.

You mean the same thread where you considered burning coal to generate power to be mechanical energy & not chemical energy ?

Really remarkable idiot. @Azadd
i_f25.png

无标题.jpg

skywatcher

Country flag
Ashamed of calling me dad , Chang my retarded son ? Whining & swearing ? Since when is stating facts about you whining & swearing ?

what's gaokao?
i_f25.png
Never heard of it.

skywatcher

Country flag
Ashamed of calling me dad , Chang , my retarded son ? Whining & swearing ? Since when is stating facts about you whining & swearing ?

Tell us you're a Gaokao fail without telling us you're a Gaokao fail. View attachment 259043
The only thing i need to confirm is why do you believe solar panels transform heat to electricity. It's more important than the question itself. Are you religious? Son@Azaad
i_f25.png

here2where

First get the data & store it securely. We'd discuss details like ownership of content with those concerned later.
If the intent is to retain data privately (as in, stored in a private g-drive, etc) the highlighted text above is understandable.

But if the objective is to legally continue to use DFI’s original content, then it is unnecessary to download/scrape data urgently, since once the legal ownership is transferred, the data store will follow suit.

NutCracker

Country flag
Questions:

I just read forum terms and rules, and nowhere it says that the posted data belongs to the owner of the forum , or it can't be replicated.
All the members who joined have contributed under those TOS and it can't be changed retrospectively.
So I think we can freely migrate the data.

Azaad

Country flag
If the intent is to retain data privately (as in, stored in a private g-drive, etc) the highlighted text above is understandable.

But if the objective is to legally continue to use DFI’s original content, then it is unnecessary to download/scrape data urgently, since once the legal ownership is transferred, the data store will follow suit.
The intent is to mirror the data - ALL DATA. Rest of the modalities can be discussed later.

Azaad

Country flag
This is what i was trying to say 🙄
I just read forum terms and rules, and nowhere it says that the posted data belongs to the owner of the forum , or it can't be replicated.
All the members who joined have contributed under those TOS and it can't be changed retrospectively.
So I think we can freely migrate the data.
Go through the T&C of the forum & come up with a rule from it supporting your claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articles