Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

happy

Kruschev had control of those missiles and he placed them there for a strategic play the primary purpose of which was to test the resolve of the new and young American President and to force the Americans to withdraw missiles stationed in Turkey. He failed in the former purpose and achieved the latter.
The correct sentence would be that he was able to force America to change it's stance by allowing his forces to back down.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Without waiting for your answer, do you remember that yourself and akim were completely disposed off towards the OSCE observers ???So even yourself was not really for praising them.
I don't know about @Akim, but right from the start of the Crimean crisis I was in favor of OSCE there. They were blocked and harassed then by Russian forces and their militia in Crimea.

Are you waiting for the scolding too to accept that MH-17, if it was a tragedy, was orchestrated by the West ??
Which is it, that MH17 was actually CIA orchestrated and the bodies that fell in the sunflower fields of Eastern Ukraine were from MH17, or that it was the Ukrainians that did it thinking they were shooting down Putin's plane which had a similar body paint scheme as MH17?

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The correct sentence would be that he was able to force America to change it's stance by allowing his forces to back down.

Please back-read our discussion. We were talking about the purpose of the intermediate ballistic nuke missiles that Kruschev tried to station in Cuba, offensive or defensive.

happy

Which is it, that MH17 was actually CIA orchestrated and the bodies that fell in the sunflower fields of Eastern Ukraine were from MH17, or that it was the Ukrainians that did it thinking they were shooting down Putin's plane which had a similar body paint scheme as MH17?
You tell me. My stand had always been that the illegal junta in kiev authorised the shooting of the plane. What prompted them to take this extreme step will be never known, perhaps.

happy

Please back-read our discussion. We were talking about the purpose of the intermediate ballistic nuke missiles that Kruschev tried to station in Cuba, offensive or defensive.
I know. I was just correcting your sentence.

happy

Btw.....when US and EU impose embargoes then they call it sanctions. When Russia does the same it becomes retaliation. They can go about judging the world through their eyes and lying through their teeth but if anybody does the same to them, it immediately becomes retaliation or insubordination or war-mongering. What hypocrites !!!??

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You tell me. My stand had always been that the illegal junta in kiev authorised the shooting of the plane. What prompted them to take this extreme step will be never known, perhaps.
BTW I meant above was that the bodies were from MH170.

What are the factual circumstances that lead you to such suspicion if I may ask?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Btw.....when US and EU impose embargoes then they call it sanctions. When Russia does the same it becomes retaliation. They can go about judging the world through their eyes and lying through their teeth but if anybody does the same to them, it immediately becomes retaliation or insubordination or war-mongering. What hypocrites !!!??

Somebody punched you in the face, then you punched him back. What do you call your act? I call it (and everybody else) calls it "retaliation."

happy

What if Maidan protests happened? What if the new government in Ukraine wants closer relations with the EU? Why the hell can Putin stop that? Is Ukraine a Russian province? A semi-autonomous territory of Russia? Last time I heard Ukraine is a country separate and independent from Russia with the same right to determine its foreign policy as Russia.

So the Ukrainians decided they want to be closer to Europe, does that give Putin the right to annex Crimea and invade through proxies Eastern Ukraine? (Although as I said I hope Russia commits the biggest strategic mistake of invading and annexing part of Eastern Ukraine.)
Why are you repeating the same blabber which you have been vomiting since last september ?? For Christ's sake, it's going to be a year !!!

Do you know that Ukraine is independent ?? If you knew that, then you would question what happened in Maidan first. But no, you don't know it's meaning.

Who the hell decided that Ukrainians wanted to be closer to EU ?? Are you dreaming ?? Wake up !!!

Akim

Professional
Country flag
So in your culture a suspect can be kicked about? Well good for you.
Prison subculture is a special phenomenon. They are called correctional facilities. However, there is not one person was corrected. The prison temporarily limited the offender from society. After his release, he is under police control. In the occupied territories do not have Ukrainian police, so criminals insolent. In those territories robbery, drug manufacture, murder. Watched the movie "District 13"? Same thing, just really.

Last edited:

happy

BTW I meant above was that the bodies were from MH170.

What are the factual circumstances that lead you to such suspicion if I may ask?
Well, initial photographs of the scene suggests that the bodies do not appear as if they fell from the 33000 feet. Also, pilots are saying that the engine also does not belong to that plane.

happy

Somebody punched you in the face, then you punched him back. What do you call your act? I call it (and everybody else) calls it "retaliation."
Good, happy of the long awaited enlightenment :)

So you agree that without an action there won't be a reaction. Now the question is why taking an action when you can't bear the reaction ??? Fools, eh !!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Good, happy of the long awaited enlightenment :)

So you agree that without an action there won't be a reaction. Now the question is why taking an action when you can't bear the reaction ??? Fools, eh !!

Oh, believe me they can, way more than Russia can. What they are doing is just adding pressure on Russia. Resort to WTO is part of the pressure mechanisms that they can do against Russia.

HMS Astute

Russia is smarter than you would think.Food items are available everywhere.
yeah that's right got it in one, they will be living in their organic paradise and we will be stuck in a overcrowded dystopian unsustainable hell eating low grade tumour food, happy days.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Why are you repeating the same blabber which you have been vomiting since last september ?? For Christ's sake, it's going to be a year !!!

Do you know that Ukraine is independent ?? If you knew that, then you would question what happened in Maidan first. But no, you don't know it's meaning.

Who the hell decided that Ukrainians wanted to be closer to EU ?? Are you dreaming ?? Wake up !!!

We're still talking about the same actors right? So why change my opinion?

The right of independent countries include the right to be convinced to join offers of closer relations or associations with other countries. As @Akim said, Yanukovych for a long time pursued the Association Agreement with the EU and then at the last minute suddenly turned an about face. Ukraine actually voluntarily applied for the Association Agreement and got it. The EU and America did not shove that Agreement down Ukraine's throat.

Last edited by a moderator:

HMS Astute

Errrm, what?
Sanction is trade war.
the west have only imposed a slight and limited sanctions on russia, which is no where near the definition and the level of trade war.

quote from wiki:
Some economists would agree that certain economic protections are more costly than others, because they may be more likely to trigger a trade war. For example, if a country were to raise tariffs, then a second country in retaliation may similarly raise tariffs. But an increase in, for example, subsidies, may be difficult to retaliate against by a foreign country. Many poor countries do not have the ability to raise subsidies. In addition, poor countries are more vulnerable than rich countries in trade wars; in raising protections against dumping of cheap products, a government risks making the product too expensive for its people to afford.
russia is being a poor and vulnerable one in this case. 1 isolated country with $2 trillion economy against almost every developed, industrialized and advanced economies/countries with nearly $45 trillion economy.

Last edited:

happy

Oh, believe me they can, way more than Russia can. What they are doing is just adding pressure on Russia. Resort to WTO is part of the pressure mechanisms that they can do against Russia.
Would be interesting to see how far they do actually go. This is a again a test to see the tenacity of Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles