Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
Russian nuclear submarine of the Borey project, which carries 16 Bulava ballistic missiles on board, unexpectedly appeared off the coast of the United States
Читайте больше на https://english.pravda.ru/russia/

That got 10 warheads each..they say.

A nuke attack is a highly discounted scenario..but it shows the intention to escalate if shit hits the fan
Bulava Missile? Oh yes I know about this Missile. It's Called as the RSM-56 Bulava. It doesn't always have 10 warheads in it. The Bulava can Carry 6-10 × 100-150 kt warheads in each Missile and it is MIRV Capable too. Probably the Best Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile Russia has in it's Inventory.

sorcerer

Country flag
Bulava Missile? Oh yes I know about this Missile. It's Called as the RSM-56 Bulava. It doesn't always have 10 warheads in it. The Bulava can Carry 6-10 × 100-150 kt warheads in each Missile and it is MIRV Capable too. Probably the Best Submarine Launched Ballistic Missile Russia has in it's Inventory.
He he, Always keep the best for your guest...very thoughtful of Russia!:laugh:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Not just Russia, as a matter of fact.. USA and RUSSIA both know they wont fire a single missile at each other.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

The stunt, will let Russians know how well their chain of command and what way its reacting.
War is a beautiful gaming machinery.
It indicates Readiness level of the Russian nuclear deterrent.. Also, Russian subs are already said to be deployed in the north Atlantic, in case, US decides to intervene, if Russia decides to invade Ukraine.. So, this excercise is Mainly signaling for the US..

Super Flanker

Aviation and Defence Enthusiast
Banned
He he, Always keep the best for your guest...very thoughtful of Russia!:laugh:
The best Submarine Launched Ballistic missile which the US has is the UGM-133 trident 2(D5LE) which has a range of 12000 kms and Russia's RSM-54 R-29RMU2 "Layner" also has a range of 12000 kms so both these Submarine Launched Ballistic missiles are the Best of each Country.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It indicates Readiness level of the Russian nuclear deterrent.. Also, Russian subs are already said to be deployed in the north Atlantic, in case, US decides to intervene, if Russia decides to invade Ukraine.. So, this excercise is Mainly signaling for the US..

Just for the sake of discussion, what if the US send special forces to Ukraine to monitor and advise Ukrainian forces without authority to return fire if fired upon (granting the US is that irresponsible), and Russia came to know about it, do you Russia will lunch nuclear missiles at the US because of that?

What is Russia's threshold for a nuclear first strike?

sorcerer

Country flag
Just for the sake of discussion, what if the US send special forces to Ukraine to monitor and advise Ukrainian forces without authority to return fire if fired upon (granting the US is that irresponsible), and Russia came to know about it, do you Russia will lunch nuclear missiles at the US because of that?

Monitor and advise...something USA is good at in all wars in the Middle East, as they won all the battles there.
:laugh:

No nation is stupid enough to launch a nuclear strike cuz some foot soldiers got into skirmish.
Russia would already be knowing, USA has its proxies in place who know the georgraphy and demography better than US special forces monitoring and advising Ukranian force.

Threshold for nuclear first strike for Russia would be when USA nuke putins Gold Toilet.
Even I would be angary if someone does that to my loo.

Last edited:

Shashank Nayak

Country flag

An invasion of Russian homeland, and if Russian forces prove incapable of stopping the assault, would trigger a nuclear first strike by Russia..
Why would Russia, bother if there a few American soldiers stationed in Ukraine, when Russia invades.. They will be dead meat anyway..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Monitor and advise...something USA is good at in all wars in the Middle East, as they won all the battles there.
:laugh:

No nation is stupid enough to launch a nuclear strike cuz some foot soldiers got into skirmish.
Russia would already be knowing, USA has its proxies in place who know the georgraphy and demography better than US special forces monitoring and advising Ukranian force.

Threshold for nuclear first strike for Russia would be when USA nuke putins Gold Toilet.
Even I would be angary if someone does that to my loo.

That post of mine is in reply to this post claiming that the Russian boomer that surfaced off US Coast was there to send signal to the US (a threat) not to intervene directly in Ukraine should Russia invades...

So he is implying that Russia will fire nuke missiles at US mainland should US intervene in Ukraine if Russia does invade it.

That's why I started my reply with the phrase "Just in case" since that scenario he is implying is so far fetched, it's academic.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
An invasion of Russian homeland, and if Russian forces prove incapable of stopping the assault, would trigger a nuclear first strike by Russia..
Why would Russia, bother if there a few American soldiers stationed in Ukraine, when Russia invades.. They will be dead meat anyway..

Nobody mentioned about US invading Russia, it's crazy talk. That's why I find your post absurd claiming that by surfacing a boomer off US coast Russia is signalling to the US not to intervene in Ukraine.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
That post of mine is in reply to this post claiming that the Russian boomer that surfaced off US Coast was there to send signal to the US (a threat) not to intervene directly in Ukraine should Russia invades...

So he is implying that Russia will fire nuke missiles at US mainland should US intervene in Ukraine if Russia does invade it.

That's why I started my reply with the phrase "Just in case" since that scenario he is implying is so far fetched, it's academic.
Even if US forces invade Western Ukraine, to stop the possibility of Russian annexation of western Ukraine, Russia would not use nukes.. The nuclear signaling, is only so that NATO forces, are careful to not engage Russian forces directly..

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Nobody mentioned about US invading Russia, it's crazy talk. That's why I find your post absurd claiming that by surfacing a boomer off US coast Russia is signalling to the US not to intervene in Ukraine.
As I said below, the nuclear signaling is only to discourage US from "directly engaging Russian forces, should they invade Ukraine".. because, once that happens, there will be a Russian counter attack on US forces, which may lead to a US attack on Russian forces and war infrastructure stationed inside Russia, that are supporting the invasion.. and the situation could get out of hand..

Note: By US engaging Russian forces in Ukraine, I mean, proper air assault or Army Brigade level engagement, and not a few dozen American advisors, who would be just canon fodder..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Even if US forces invade Western Ukraine, to stop the possibility of Russian annexation of western Ukraine, Russia would not use nukes.. The nuclear signaling, is only so that NATO forces, are careful to not engage Russian forces directly..

Russia does not need nuclear signalling for that. The US is very strict about deconfliction mechanisms with the Russians. The Americans do not want to directly engage the Russians (and vice versa). It's a thick solid red line in the US military.

That's why the US have deconfliction line with the Russians in Syria and the US has announced unequivocally that no US troops will directly participate in a war between Ukraine and Russia as in fact the US I think already recalled its forces from Ukraine.

But that does not stop the US from supporting Ukraine in terms of weapons supplies, intelligence, military advice, diplomatic cover, and economic aids.

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Yep. Actually, US and Russia are very scared about any escalation, or any casualties inflicted directly. So much so, that US and Russia give each other 2-3 hour prior notice before doing any bombing or troop movement in syria.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

I think Putin maybe understimating too much this former comedian... He might just be the right person at the right time if Russia does decide to invade Ukraine. We'll see.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Zelensky is proving to be pretty calm and composed..
Outwardly at least. But he is ceratinly carrying the heaviest burden of any man right now. Just for that you can already appreciate him.

Of course, the real revelation to me is the fighting spirit if tge Ukrainian population. I'm sure this helps a lot ease some of the psychological burdens of Zelensky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles