Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokoman

Country flag
I already wrote that Macron will have elections soon, so he could just come for PR. Plus, Merkel left and Macron could try to seize leadership in Europe from Germany. The conversation could go on a broad agenda: from the implementation of the Minsk agreements by Ukraine to a new security configuration in Europe.
:dude: whats this then ?

Putin emphasizes Russia does not want any war
"This is why, we put forward the proposals on the negotiating process that must result in an agreement on ensuring equal security for all states, including our country," the Russian leader emphasized

not sure u know , but India did something similar against Pakistan in 2000 . there was a large mobilisation that ended in failure, Russian seems to have suffered same fate , at-least publicly.

Flash12

Country flag
:dude: whats this then ?

Putin emphasizes Russia does not want any war
"This is why, we put forward the proposals on the negotiating process that must result in an agreement on ensuring equal security for all states, including our country," the Russian leader emphasized

not sure u know , but India did something similar against Pakistan in 2000 . there was a large mobilisation that ended in failure, Russian seems to have suffered same fate , at-least publicly.
So I wrote that the conversation could be about a new security configuration in Europe. Sorry, I didn’t quite understand what is the similarity of the situation with India in 2000.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
I will not even ask for proof that 150k Russian troops are involved in the exercises. Because this number was simply "said by American intelligence." Moreover, this number changed many times depending on the fantasies of the one who reported 90k and 120k and 150k. Could have said more.
And why do we need to take into account only ground forces? After all, modern warfare is the last thing waged by ground forces. First of all, aviation, naval forces and missile forces are used. Not to mention the railway troops and supply troops. That is, for the war it is necessary to take into account just the total number of troops.

Given that Ukraine has 250k troops and 1 million in reserve, shouldn't it be necessary to think that 150k troops are just not enough for a successful war with Ukraine?
Playing the numbers game here, aren't we ?

I will not even ask for proof that 150k Russian troops are involved in the exercises. Because this number was simply "said by American intelligence." Moreover, this number changed many times depending on the fantasies of the one who reported 90k and 120k and 150k. Could have said more.
Yeah, since I can't personally scout to the Russo-Ukrainian border to count troops, I will believe the numbers from NATO, because it is believable depending on the number of trains and equipment being carried into Belarus and Belgorod region since last month.

And why do we need to take into account only ground forces? After all, modern warfare is the last thing waged by ground forces. First of all, aviation, naval forces and missile forces are used. Not to mention the railway troops and supply troops. That is, for the war it is necessary to take into account just the total number of troops.
Taking navy, air force, and missile force, it will be more than 150k. You cannot accurately count them as they are deployed at a standoff distance, so pinpointing a number is not possible. Ground troops, boots on the ground are more whole numbers that can be counted.

Given that Ukraine has 250k troops and 1 million in reserve, shouldn't it be necessary to think that 150k troops are just not enough for a successful war with Ukraine?
Ukraine's ground forces total active troops are around 150-170k. Total active troops mean, they can field less than that in direct combat. Conscriptions/reserves are there, but they are unlikely to be a major hindrance.
Again, Russia don't need to fight man-to-man, they will target critical facilities with airstrikes, cut-off Kiev and capture it.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Yikes. Head of Zelensky’s Servant of the People party in parliament claims Western media “hysteria is now costing the country $2-3 billion every month,” calls CNN, Bloomberg, WSJ coverage “worse than Skabeeva and Solovyov, top Russian state propagandists.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
As usual, unfoundedly accusing others of lying, the Ukrainian lied in every sentence:

"Ukraine has fulfilled its part of the agreements."
-
LIE. Here is the text of Minsk agreements
Nothing has been done.

"Russia - not a single point, because Moscow wants to impose negotiations with its occupation administrations."
- LIE. Russia should not fulfill anything in the Minsk agreements. Or give a quote, which indicates what Russia must do. And it is not Russia that wants negotiations between Ukraine and the LDNR. This is directly stated in the Minsk agreements what Ukraine is obliged to implement with consultations and in agreement with the representatives of the LDNR.
I thought that you were considering only Minsk-2, but Minsk-2 is a plan for the implementation of Minsk-1, where the Ukrainian-Russian border and Tornado-S are mentioned.
Briefly speaking. I have no desire to argue. It still won't change anything.
Therefore, both sides say that there is no alternative to the "Minsk agreements", but each side reads them in its own way.

Flash12

Country flag
I thought that you were considering only Minsk-2, but Minsk-2 is a plan for the implementation of Minsk-1, where the Ukrainian-Russian border and Tornado-S are mentioned.
Briefly speaking. I have no desire to argue. It still won't change anything.
Therefore, both sides say that there is no alternative to the "Minsk agreements", but each side reads them in its own way.
In Minsk-2, both Tornado-S and the Ukrainian-Russian border are mentioned. Everything is in the text that I gave. The agreement does not need to be somehow "understood" in its own way. It must be performed strictly according to the text.

Flash12

Country flag
Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko is trying to say in state Ukrainian what the city authorities are planning to do with garbage.

What happens when a whole country tries to make faces in a non-native language.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
In Minsk-2, both Tornado-S and the Ukrainian-Russian border are mentioned. Everything is in the text that I gave. The agreement does not need to be somehow "understood" in its own way. It must be performed strictly according to the text.
Tell me, have the neighbors run away from you yet?
All laws have long been passed, but they will not come into force until there are elections, according to Ukrainian laws, where I and hundreds of thousands of internal migrants will be able to vote too. With normal police, with the campaigning of Ukrainian parties and with border control, because it is required by law.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Kyiv Mayor Vitaliy Klitschko is trying to say in state Ukrainian what the city authorities are planning to do with garbage.

It's same for us , we neither understand ukraNina or Russian

The Shrike

Country flag

India has 1.3 million active soldiers so we should not be worried about the ~60k PLA sitting opposite Ladakh :dude:.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
India has 1.3 million active soldiers so we should not be worried about the ~60k PLA sitting opposite Ladakh :dude:.
Na but we cAn handle them without raising much hue and cry around the world and that's the difference

Kumaoni

Is this the same Vitali Klitschko who was heavyweight champion once? He has become a Mayor now?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
obviously there will be more to the story
========
israel is blocking us transfer of iron dome missile defense system to ukraine (has to be approved by both countries) because they don’t want to antagonize russia.

one of closest us allies…least aligned with americans on a core national security issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles