Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jouni

Wow! Finland as Russia's friend. One who has friends like Finland does not need enemies.

A pet snake is better than Finland.
What? I was just offering peace keepers if internal struggles in Russia escalate. That is what friends are for. You heard in the video Russians are afraid of a regime change like the one in Ukraine.

sorcerer

Country flag
Statement by Elena Bondarenko—People's Deputy of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine

Below, we publish a translation of a statement made by Rada deputy, Elena Bondarenko, on September 10, 2014 . The statement was originally published on her facebook page, but went largely ignored at the time. The recent spate of assassinations in Ukraine has given the statement a new, grizzly relevance, and it is for this reason that we are publishing a translation of it at this late date.

Translated by Alya & Alan Bailey / Edited by Olga Luzanova

I, Elena Bondarenko, a deputy of Partiya Regionov [Party of the Regions –ed.], which is in opposition to the governing party in Ukraine, would like to make a statement about the fact that the government is directly threatening with assault opposition politicians, depriving them of freedom of speech in the parliament and in other places, as well as conniving in the crimes against opposition leaders and their children.

Persistent threats, an undeclared ban on opposition parties appearing in the majority of Ukrainian mass media, purposeful baiting—these are everyday things in the life of the opposition in Ukraine. Everybody who calls for peace in Ukraine immediately becomes an enemy to the regime as it was, for instance, in 30-40's Germany or in the USA during the McCarthyite era.

A few days ago the Ukrainian Internal Affairs Minister, Arsen Avakov, said: "When Elena Bondarenko ascends the parliamentary tribune, I want to reach for my gun."

I emphasise the fact that those are the words of the person who has the main authority over the police in the country. Exactly a week ago the Speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament, Alexander Turchinov, banned me from the parliamentary tribune as a representative of the opposition Party of the Regions. It was done solely because of my words, that "a regime that sends its army to bomb peaceful cities is criminal." After that, he kindly allowed the parliamentary radicals to call for the shooting of the opposition .

I remember last year, when Kiev was flooded with extremists, my car was shot at. I reported this fact to the police. I take such threats to myself very seriously. I also would like to inform everyone who is not aware yet, that the regime protects the criminals who dared to raise their hand against the son of another opposition politician—Vladimir Oleynik. Ruslan Oleynik, a district public prosecutor, was beaten up in his work place, putting his life and health under threat. Instead of investigating the attack and threats against the politician and his family, the regime fired the prosecutor. My colleagues complain weekly about their assistants being beaten up, their supporters' offices being searched, their lives, health and possessions threatened.

Ukrainian cyberspace is almost totally censored of this information, and ordinary Ukrainian citizens have no idea of the criminal fight against the opposition and of the fact that the constitutional right to freedom of speech is suppressed in many ways.
The mass media who tell the truth in spite of their fear constantly get attacked by nationalist groups, and hooligans who assault publishing offices are never prosecuted, even when they are identified by video and photographic proof of their involvement is available.

I call upon international organisations who proclaim their democratic principles to not only pay attention to these facts but also to join the fight for democratic rights and freedoms of Ukrainian citizens. The methods used by the Junta in their struggle for power in Ukraine have nothing to do with democracy. Inactivity of the international community towards these outrageous facts looks like complicity and silent approval of all the crimes being committed in Ukraine. The free world is losing another outpost—Ukraine. All those who fight for democracy, peoples rights and freedoms, can bring about many changes together. Only together can we stop the Junta and the fratricidal war in Ukraine!

Yours sincerely,
People's deputy of Ukraine, Elena BONDARENKO.

In Russian: Заявление Елены Бондаренко—депутата Верховной Рады Украины

Statement by Elena Bondarenko—People’s Deputy of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine | SLAVYANGRAD.org

Cadian

What if they support in a some way,an organisation ? Does that mean they are foreign agents ? If i receive a foreign funding (from Russia) i'm a Russian agent ? Hahaha.
Yeah, NED is just a charity philanthropic organisation, how could I ever suspect them in providing support for US policy across the globe?

jouni said:
What? I was just offering peace keepers if internal struggles in Russia escalate. That is what friends are for. You heard in the video Russians are afraid of a regime change like the one in Ukraine.

Gabriel92

Country flag

Military reservists to be told what their post would be in "crisis situation"
A mail-out to 900,000 former conscripts in Finland began being publicised on Monday, with a TV announcement reminding reservists that "conscription is the cornerstone of Finland's defence capability". The defence minister denied that the move has any link to worsening relations with Russia.

Mies lukee kirjettä.
A still from the Defence Forces announcement telling reservists that "We want to have a word with you" Image: Puolustusvoimat
Finland's armed forces began broadcasting an announcement on Yle television from Monday, telling the nation's reservists that "We want to have a word with you," and reminding them that "conscription is the cornerstone of Finland's defence capability."

The ad accompanies a mass mail-out campaign, in which a letter will be sent to each of Finland's 900,000 reservists next month, informing them which post they would be given in a crisis situation. The letter also asks them to send in up-to-date details of their whereabouts.

Earlier this month Defence Minister Carl Haglund denied that the campaign has anything to do with the country's worsening relations with Russia, nor with the crisis in Ukraine.

"Many reservists are interested to know which role they would have, and they're motivated to be a part of this country's defence work. Therefore it's good that we can give them regular information about what's planned for them," he said.

Haglund said the mail-out was decided upon in 2013, following recommendations made by a 2010 Defence Forces review, which suggested keeping closer contact with the country's former conscripts.

He refused to speculate on how Russia may interpret the move, and on any possible response. "The aim of this isn't to give out sort of message at all [to Russia]," Haglund said.
Military reservists to be told what their post would be in "crisis situation" | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi
You are reservist i guess ?

sgarg

What if they support in a some way,an organisation ? Does that mean they are foreign agents ? If i receive a foreign funding (from Russia) i'm a Russian agent ? Hahaha.
If you carry out functions on the instructions and funding of a foreign organization, you are a foreign agent. This definition is applied in every single country, including in USA.

arpakola

Abuse of Power: Ukraine's Poroshenko Exposed in $25 Mln Land Deal Cover-up

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150514/1022138543.html

Amid growing public disdain within Ukraine over the oligarchs’ tight grip of power in the country, Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty has focused its ire on President Poroshenko, advising him to take his own medicine: it published a report revealing how he used presidential influence to quietly appropriate historic sites and bury subsequent inquiries.
The US-funded Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) has dug into President Poroshenko’s misuse of his presidential power.
The revelations come as Poroshenko, soon to mark his first year in office, faces growing criticism, both within the country and abroad, for his failure to rein in the oligarchs and their tight grip on power.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150514/1022138543.html#ixzz3a7juWted

arpakola

Last edited:

jouni

jouni

New leopard A6s start to arrive in Finland. Waiting for Sputnik news response...

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
That chocolate salesman poroshenko is a useless twat, but russia is in a tight spot. If Novorossiya is formed , they will still be left with NATO at their (new ) borders. It will be back to square one, albeit russia would have extracted their pound of flesh and lost some due to the sanctions. The west would be happy and would openly be indulging in anti-Russia activity like new BMD's.
Meanwhile Ukraine (in whatever form ) is promised to get it's passport in EU colors. I don't think after greek debacle the germans would agree(unless US arm twists)
Russia's biggest problem (and the reason they will lose) is their shrinking population. The west keeps absorbing immigrants due to cultural Marxism , something which non-western countries can not do.

pmaitra

I did not know they were operating in China and India. Interesting. Well, Finland is NO No for them. Except when they want to openly learn arctic warfare.
Hint: It is from Wall Street Journal.

pmaitra

New leopard A6s start to arrive in Finland. Waiting for Sputnik news response...

Excellent picture. Just the kind of pose (barrel facing backwards) these tanks would take when they would be retreating, if at all there is a real combat.

pmaitra

If you can save your sanity from the intermittent codswallop and uncorroborated rhetoric embedded within this article by Len Aron (wise decision if one wants to make a career in journalism in the US), you will see that Kerry went to Russia, and after whatever talks he had, he had a lot of meaningless gibberish to offer to journalists. On a related note, the Vikings have now taken to ******ry to protect their nation from some imaginary threat.

jouni

If you can save your sanity from the intermittent codswallop and uncorroborated rhetoric embedded within this article by Len Aron (wise decision if one wants to make a career in journalism in the US), you will see that Kerry went to Russia, and after whatever talks he had, he had a lot of meaningless gibberish to offer to journalists. On a related note, the Vikings have now taken to ******ry to protect their nation from some imaginary threat.
This masculine G*y image nordic countries support seems to get your attraction. I always thought that people from asia are more attracted to s*ssy types. Well, this is military forum after all.

Regarding Kerry, looks like Merkel is the key negotiator here. Europe is waking up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles