Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Russia warns Ukraine after fatal shelling

Source: Russia warns Ukraine after fatal shelling - Europe - Al Jazeera English

Russia has promised to respond with "irreversible consequences" to a "dangerous escalation" of violence near its border, after a Russian man was killed and two women injured by shells fired across the Ukraine border.

Alexander Titov, a spokesman for the regional government in Rostov, told the Russian news agency Itar Tass that a shell damaged two homes at about 5.20am GMT in Donetsk, a town of the same name as the city in eastern Ukraine.

The Russian town of Donetsk is near the border with Ukraine's Luhansk region, where Kiev-backed troops and pro-Russian separatists are fighting for the control of border checkpoints.

Grigory Karasin, Russia's deputy foreign minister, said the incident represented a "dangerous escalation for our citizens" and promised it "will not be left without a response", in televised remarks.

His ministry said the bombing was "an aggressive act by the Ukrainian side against sovereign Russian territory and the citizens of the Russian Federation".
Also I hear that Russia will intensify (unofficial) support for the Novorossians. If true, welcome move.

Last edited:

happy

Goal: Provoke Russia and get it involved in a war, and then, go to the EU and US, and boo-hoo-hoo about it. Then, the EU will get sanctions-itch, and stop importing gas from Russia, and open the doors for US gas imports into EU; at the same time, getting Russia bogged down in another war.
Notwithstanding gas, I see this as a desperate attempt by the US to divert flak from it's botched operations in the gulf region and elsewhere. Also it is, as you said, an attempt to get Russia bogged down in another conflict. I hope Russia has enough resources to support the militia indirectly.

pmaitra

Kiev is preparing to send refugees to the front

It was proven to LifeNews, document showing the ratio of the Ukrainian authorities to natives from the south-east.
All healthy men aged 18 to 50 years to encourage punitive battalions. Rest with men from 50 to 65 years in an army reserve unit - for example, those that exert control over the militias stripped of territories. Draft evaders subjected to "mandatory filtration activities" or to prosecute. Refugee status and social guarantees granted only after demobilization.

That is the plan of the Kiev authorities with refugees from the territories of the DNI and LC, were on the side of Ukraine. The program is described in a letter, was in the editorial office. It to the President Poroshenko posted on June 20 and then. about. Defense Minister Mykhailo Koval.

General Koval explains which five will benefit the implementation of its plan Ukrainian state. He writes:

- I believe that such an approach:

a) solve the problem of picking units involved in ATO (as in Kiev called military operation against the militia);

b) reduce the wave of refugees and the cost of their coverage;

c) reduce the dissatisfaction of citizens of Ukraine, who do not want to fight;

g) minimizes the "possible abuse of refugee status" (no refugee - no problem);

d) and for some reason, according to Koval, "will easily understand the amount of sociological research pro-Ukrainian population in the East."

It should be noted that accurate data on the number of refugees in Ukraine for the last time, no, but about a month ago, according to the UN, their number was about 34 thousand citizens. On the eve of the Russian Emergencies Ministry reported that 326 temporary accommodation are more than 22 thousand people. During the last week of every day the number of Ukrainians in the TAC increased by 200-500 people. By the way, the total number of population in the Luhansk region on May 1, 2014 was 2.2 million people, and Donetsk on September 1 last year - 4.3 million people.

To date, the number of Ukrainian forces ATO is 31,000 people. They contain the regular army, which is provided from the state budget, as well as by the public through advertising. Besides, there are battalions funded Kolomoiskiy oligarch. Also known scandals content recruits when they provide poor outfit, including flak jackets fake and substandard products delivered.

President of Ukraine Poroshenko PA

Dear Peter A.!

According to your order am submitting proposals for the organization of work with refugees from the area of the ATO.
So in order to meet the challenges of mobilization and rotation of troops in the area of ATO facing the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, as well as increasing the efficiency of filtration events I consider it necessary to introduce the following categories of refugees.

Category "A" - women and children - is charged with training schools (including children's boarding)

Category "B" - disabled and pensioners - Lesson instruct medical and social institutions (including boarding schools for the respective categories)

Category "C" - men having age between 18 (the call of) - 65 (retirement) years. This flow should be divided into two categories.

group "C1" - age 18 (the beginning of call) - 50 (end of call)
group "C2" - age 50 (end of call) - 65 (retirement)

For the group "C1" should be declared mandatory full mobilization of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (or other units) to participate in the ATO period, such as 2 months. If men that age have health problems, but do not have a disability, then translate it into a group of "C2".

For the group of "C2" should be declared compulsory mobilization of reserve units in (or, for example, units of content control over territories that are already stripped during ATO from terrorists) for a period such as one month.

Groups "C1" and "C2" refugee status and provide appropriate social safeguards only after the demobilization of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
For persons who evade mobilization SBU conduct thorough filtration activities. If there are grounds to apply the measures within the framework of criminal law.

I believe that such an approach:
a) solve the problem of rotation in units involved in ATO;
b) reduce the wave of refugees, which simultaneously provide all necessary;
c) minimizes the threat of internal conflict, in which the residents of the Central Western, Northern and Southern regions will deliver fair question: why men from these regions are going to defend the East of Ukraine the price of own health and life, and healthy men run into the ranks of the East refugees?;
g) minimizes the possible abuse of refugee status for certain categories of the population,
d) allow no sociological studies and surveys to understand the amount of pro-Ukrainian population in the East.
position of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine on this issue agreed with the staff of the Prime Minister of Ukraine and the Ukrainian Security Service.

Sincerely, Acting Defense Minister, Colonel-General Mikhail Koval.

Meriv90

Nice news(link below), at least for me that means that my government took position.
I still consider Putin a criminal and I realize how many and scary social problems are in Russia, I admire people like the Politkovskaya and I don't support the separatist in east ukraine, but this was started by the US&CO (not all europe). Plus Russia pushing and success for Syria arsenal demolition was quite the thing.

Italy accused of blocking tougher sanctions on Russia - FT.com

seeing a good side in everything this conflict is pushing further our energy integration in europe+renewables energies to be independent from this situations.

European energy security: Conscious uncoupling | The Economist

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Another school targeted by Ukarmy

Last edited by a moderator:

bhramos

Country flag
Big LNR Militia Column in Lugansk

bhramos

Country flag
LNR/DNR T-64BVs on the move. Lugansk

bhramos

Country flag
Full version of interview with woman, who arrived from Belarus "to kill fascists".

bhramos

Country flag
Foreign among Azov Battalion:

bhramos

Country flag
"Motorola's" elite mobile group somewhere near the front lines, while their wounded commander celebrated a wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles