China, Taiwan protest fatal shooting of fisherman by Philippines

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
It is nothing special - I'm just noting yet another quirk of @Zero_Wing.

As for the proverb, after googling it I can only find links taking me back to two of your posts on DFI.

Perhaps you could tell us where you found such a proverb?

hahaha

this was said by your ex premier wen jiabao ( chiapao actually ) in his interview with NHK channel, the national broadcaster of japan in context to korean tensions.

I would have loved your civilization more than mine but land grabbing and genocides in chinese history left me cold.

BTW, your chinese is poor

You do not know any proverb except DFI ones :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero_Wing

It is nothing special - I'm just noting yet another quirk of @Zero_Wing.

As for the proverb, after googling it I can only find links taking me back to two of your posts on DFI.

Perhaps you could tell us where you found such a proverb?
Well your arrogance is nothing special either

Last edited by a moderator:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The necessity of continuing the Philippine-Taiwan relations is more important than this petty incident. At the moment Taiwan is merely trying to appease its enraged nationalist base. After the emotions are consumed then the Taiwanese will silently reach out to the Philippines. You have to remember that the Philippines is a huge and growing market that Taiwan can ill-afford to lose. And it would be one of its biggest strategic blunders to completely destroy relations with that bigger (albeit currently poorer) neighbor, especially not while the day of reckoning with mainland is becoming more imminent...

Zero_Wing

Well like all chinese imperials taiwan is pretty racist my sympathies to my fellow kabayan mga hayop ng lahat na chewka imperalista saan makarma pa sila

Zero_Wing

The necessity of continuing the Philippine-Taiwan relations is more important than this petty incident. At the moment Taiwan is merely trying to appease its enraged nationalist base. After the emotions are consumed then the Taiwanese will silently reach out to the Philippines. You have to remember that the Philippines is a huge and growing market that Taiwan can ill-afford to lose. And it would be one of its biggest strategic blunders to completely destroy relations with that bigger (albeit currently poorer) neighbor, especially not while the day of reckoning with mainland is becoming more imminent...
Let them like we care in the end its economy who's getting hurt my concern is my country men in Imperial Taiwan many has been hurt both physically and emotionally by Phebe mined fools

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
According to the History of Ming, 20% of the 16th century wokou were Ryukyu and 10% "other", with the remaining 70% being ethnic Chinese. Notable wokou included the Chinese pirate Wang Zhi, and King Myeongjong of Joseon punished a Chinese wokou for pretending to be Japanese.

The most powerful Chinese pirate fleets operated in early 19th century, during the reign of Qing dynasty. The most notable pirate of that time was without a doubt female pirate captain Ching Shih (also known as Zheng Yi Sao) who ruled over the fleet of 1800 ships and 80 thousand pirates. During her life she openly waged war against every naval superpower of her time (China, England and Portuguese) and managed to remain undefeated.
(from my archives)

The Chinese pirates are legend!

One has to give credit to China. They are pacesetting in everything - legal and illegal!

Last edited:

Zero_Wing

And we will send you the bill for the bullets!

On a more serious note. Let me share a recent experience. A little over a month ago, we had 3 Filipino corrosion inspectors who left our company for greener pastures (if there is such a thing) for assignments in the North Sea. They had been with us for more than 5 years. Guess what? We haven't found anyone who comes close to their qualifications since then. Let Taiwan "freeze" the issuance of working visas. Think of it as a "hiccup". It's only temporary. But I will tell you, no company in their right mind would consent to the dismissal of skilled and semi-skilled workers on a political whim. 80,000 workers cannot be replaced with the snap of a finger. Can you imagine the horror of hiring and training a new set of workers just because of the rants of a few politicians? I said it before and I will say it again... Taiwan is all business and business runs Taiwan. You don't have to look far to see if this is true.

And let's not forget that the yanquis are breathing down on their necks now.

nimo_cn

Country flag
There is no point in demanding Philippines to apologize any more, they had made it clear that they had no intent to do so. Even if they apologized, they were not really sorry for the crime they committed, hence no guarantee they wont kill again.

Instead of asking for an empty apology, Taiwan should take this as an opportunity to expand and reinforce its presence in that region, this will bring real peace to Taiwanese fishermen.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

bose

Country flag
Well like all chinese imperials taiwan is pretty racist my sympathies to my fellow kabayan mga hayop ng lahat na chewka imperalista saan makarma pa sila
I give you a real world example of CHINESE racism... in the year 2000 I was flying back from Taiwan to Singapore in one of their national carrier...Not one but two Chinese passenger complained about their seat put alongside me... both of them asked for new seat as they did not wanted to seat alongside me... The Chinese airline promptly complied...

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Racism in China
Does racism exist in China?

This post is not meant to say that racism is worse in China than elsewhere – it is merely an attempt to describe the racism that does exist in China.
Racism Against Black People in China

Racism against black people may be the strongest form of racism in China.

Many families in China would be horrified if their son or daughter married a black person. Some would even disown them outright.

It can be difficult getting a job teaching English in China if you are black. This is because of the perception of many people in China that only white people are 'true Americans' or 'true English' people.

Sadly, it's often easier to get a job teaching English in China as a white person from a country where English is not a native language than as a black person from a country where English is the only native language.

Many people in China think most black people play basketball and are violent. If you are black, many people from China will perceive you as African. If you are not, you will have to repeatedly explain that you are from another country.

The most common slur against black people in Chinese seems worse than that used for white people – "black ghost" vs. "old ghost". Many people in China also assume that if you are black, you have very little money.

Racism against blacks in China is also strongly linked to the class divisions and racism that exists within Chinese society. This is not a justification for racism against blacks in China, but for thousands of years Chinese people of lighter skin looked down upon those of darker skin, who often could not afford to be anything other than a peasant farmer.

Racism Against Other Races in China

Though racism in China is strongest against black people, there is a general relationship that determines how foreigners are seen by many people in China: The darker your skin, the more racism you will experience.

No matter where you grew up, if you are not white it will be tougher to get a job teaching English in China.
Racism against Japanese People in China

Leading up to, during, and following World War II, Japan committed many atrocious acts in China and much of the Pacific Rim (with Korea also suffering greatly). This is something that should be redressed by Japan, and not ignored.

However, two wrongs do not make a right – and racism against Japanese people in China is wrong.

Some children in China are taught hate songs against Japanese people in elementary school – and history books in China that deal with Japan focus almost exclusively on the terrible things Japan did around World War II, ignoring much of Japan's recent history.

The fact that Japan is now a mostly pacifist country is not part of the general awareness of a person who grows up in China. Instead, the popular conception of Japan in today's China casts Japan as a huge and dangerous threat.

There also seems to be more slurs against Japanese people than against any other group of people.

Subtle Discrimination in China – Starring, Hello, Talking, and More

Subtle discrimination in China is prevalent. Whether it be the obnoxious 'hello!' that gets shouted at your back, the constant staring, or the tendency for many people in China to immediately begin talking about foreigners or stories having to do with foreigners upon seeing them, subtle discrimination or at least ignorance is widespread in China.

Racism Against Minorities Within China

Racism doesn't only extend to foreigners within China – it also extends to its own people. People from Tibet and virtually all Chinese 'minorities' are seen as backwards and in need of a helping hand to enter the modern world.

Those from Xinjiang province are often looked down upon as thieves – children are especially vilified, since they are all looked at as thieves. And Xinjiang people are often harrassed by the cops.

'Classism' Against Chinese People

You don't have to be of a different race to be discriminated against in China. People in China often treat those they perceive as belonging to a lower class quite poorly.

Racism Doesn't Exist in China!

If you ask a person in China whether racism exists, you may well be told that it does not exist, and that they respect people of all countries and colors. But dig a little deeper, ask questions such as 'what do you think of black people' or 'what do you think of Japanese people', and the answers that come back are often racist.
How the average Person in China Perceives Racism

Chinese people who believe there is racism in China often see it as a racism-against-blacks-only kind of phenomenon. It is clear that racism in China is strongest toward black people, however to believe that this is the only form of racism in China is almost as silly as believing that there is no racism at all.
http://www.thechinaexpat.com/racism-in-china/

Zero_Wing

There is no point in demanding Philippines to apologize any more, they had made it clear that they had no intent to do so. Even if they apologized, they were not really sorry for the crime they committed, hence no guarantee they wont kill again.

Instead of asking for an empty apology, Taiwan should take this as an opportunity to expand and reinforce its presence in that region, this will bring real peace to Taiwanese fishermen.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2
So speaks the criminal who commits genocide and steals from all its neighbors funny go to hell and take a bath you stink and so as your post criminal

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles