China Military News & Updates

nimo_cn

Country flag
I believe PLA won't mind acquiring one or two of those toys for research, but no way China is gonna import Su35 like China had imported Su27.

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
Su35 is hardly the wonder 4.5+ gen fighter Russia desperately wants you to believe. Russia's overall technology level (design, materials, process, electronics) is easily 3 decades behind US, there is no way Russian products can be on par with western offerings. Russia also has a habbit of severely inflating the performance figures of its weapons. China saw through this after spending lots of moeny on Russian weapons from the middle 90's to middle 00's. By the end of this period China, which had become a manufacturing powerhouse and the world factory, realized that she actually had better manufacturing capabilities than Russia had and newer generation domestic weapons were actally better made. That's why China stopped the Su27 joint venture, and opted to remake the original Su27 with domestic engines, domestic airframe, domestic radar, domestic control systems and not least domestic weapons (PL12 replacing R27/R77, and PL8 replacing R73).
With russian defence industry literally dying (avg age of engineers employed in the defence sector is like 60), it won't be long til we see Russia starts buying China-made equipment in drools. It is already happening in the civilian sector.

Bhadra

Country flag
I believe PLA won't mind acquiring one or two of those toys for research, but no way China is gonna import Su35 like China had imported Su27.
Can India import you if you are really your photo type or avatar. I will buy it at profit and then would not sell her.... hurraha

satish007

Nino_cn, it is impolite to say this , we should keep in mined Russia's father give us many good stuff. even you know this, should not say it in here, a lot of Russian will see these and feel angry.
and why so many Chinese still not understand India's way of making friends, Indian don't mind money, they need friends. selling good stuff to India, that means they want to be friends for Indian.

satish007

Can India import you if you are really your photo type or avatar. I will buy it at profit and then would not sell her.... hurraha

Get this and get out . few Indian stuff better than us.
w.GIF

cir

The Russians are having a wild goose chase party again?:rofl:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

These Russian have gone mad. why the hell they are giving SU-35 to chinis, as they know in few year with chini formula CTRL C + CTRL V, Chini will make it into J 100

:taunt::taunt:

Than they gifted few to Pakistan, they will jump around the world by saying its made by us.
I am still curious why has pakistan not bough the J-11? I thought they will buy it to counter the Su-30MKI.

Vishwarupa

Country flag
porkis will get J-11 once Rafael arrives in India. Till then chines will not sell or share j-11 with pakis...My guess though. :p

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
I am still curious why has pakistan not bough the J-11? I thought they will buy it to counter the Su-30MKI.
Because it is part of the original agreement that forbids China from exporting J11 to a third country. And it is actually the same agreement that has allowed China to completely indigenize J11. Contrary to the common belief that China reverse-engineered J11 without Russia's consent, China did everything within the framework allowed by the contract. When the contract was signed in the middle 90's for license production of Su27/J11, Russia didn't believe that China would be able to copy Su27 any time soon. Basically it was a 'catch me if you can' case from Russia's point. What Russia didn't realize was that during the 30 years since the china-soviet split China had developed quite considerable capabilites. It's just some bottle necks and lack of up-to-date knowledge about aerodynamic desig that had kept China from achieving the breakthrough. So from day-one China put disecting and absorbing Su27 technoligies as priority one, and with help from China's rapidly growing economy and fast advances in other industrial sectors China managed to completely reengineer Su27 within a decade.
Russia only has themselves to blame. Even though Su27s exported to China had great aerodynamic features, craftsmanship was awful, and electronics was barely touching the west's 60 standard, overall it was not an aircraft up to the tasks expected from a 21-centrury fighter. And since Russia wasn't able to offer anything better and was way too arrogant, China did what she had to do, taking her own initiative to make J11 a worthy fighter. With that said China won't export any version of J11 to any 3rd country.

J20!

Country flag
I know this report is bull, because the PLA already operates an S400 variant. The HQ19 is a sino-russian joint project to produce a Chinese version of the S400:

Wiki extract: "A complete version of the S-400, designated the HQ-19, was developed jointly with China. China provided the majority of the funding for development.[1] Photos of the S-400 in China were released by Jane's Information Group in May 2009."

And second, why would China want the Su35? J11B J11BS and with talk of the J16 (silent flanker), I dont see a need for another air defence flanker variant in the PLAAF. Maybe India or Vietnam, but we're good Russia, you can keep it!

SPIEZ

Country flag
I know this report is bull, because the PLA already operates an S400 variant. The HQ19 is a sino-russian joint project to produce a Chinese version of the S400:

t!
What ever are you trying to say ? :confused2:

trackwhack

Are the words for 'copy' and 'research' interchangeably used in Mandarin?

Spiez and Dovahkiin beat me to that one :lol:

Last edited:

J20!

Country flag
What ever are you trying to say ? :confused2:
I havent said anything complicated. The PLA ALREADY OPERATES THE S400. It's a sino-russian collabo designated HQ19. GOOGLE IT if you need more clarification.

J20!

Country flag
China has S400, super............. when did they got it ??
Extract from Janes:
"Development
It is believed that the Chinese Hong Qi-19 (HQ-19) Surface-to-Air Missile (SAM) system, was a joint development programme with the Russian Federation. The HQ-19 system appears to use the same missiles, sensors, battle management and launch vehicles as the Russian S-400 Triumf. The Russian S-400 introduced three new missiles, the 9M96, 9M96/2 and the 40N6, which can be fitted in new canisters replacing all or some of the S-300 (SA-10/-20) missile canisters on the S-300 Transporter-Erector-Launcher (TEL) vehicles. Development of the third version, the 40N6, was originally reported to have been completed in December 2002, but no further details are available and there has been no confirmation that the 40N6 has entered service in Russia or China. The HQ-19 system could be adapted for use as an Anti-Satellite weapon (ASAT) system, against satellites in Low Earth Orbit (LEO)."

SPIEZ

Country flag
I havent said anything complicated. The PLA ALREADY OPERATES THE S400. It's a sino-russian collabo designated HQ19. GOOGLE IT if you need more clarification.
The way you said it made the difference.

The HQ19 is a sino-russian joint project to produce a Chinese version of the S400:
Joint venture to produce a Chinese version. when it is a joint venture how can it be a Chinese version?

Articles