China Economy: News & Discussion

NutCracker

Country flag
You know exactly why his answer was silly and was done in desperation ;)

I posed this question:
So instead of all these long winded responses of insinuations, fantasies and excuses just show us a picture of an Indian engine powering something that you think represents India's progress or future.

His answer is to find the picture of the Kaveri being tested on a four-engined Il-76 in Russia which basically means the Kaveri cannot fly without three supporting engines :D

Yes, the WS-10 eventually powered this very early J-10 prototype and did it way back in 2002 too! :)
View attachment 185608

The Kaveri was never put into in the LCA, the aircraft it was designed for.

I don't believe in trolling other people's thread and callinf them names like you and your friends are doing now ;)

Please let me know when you have a picture of this HTSE powering an actual aircraft.

[
You CCP little pink maggots are also gloating about Turboprop planes just few pages back.

If you consider Turboshaft or Turbo prop irrelevant then you also should not make posts about them.
I will surely post once it is installed.

Now since I have told you about HTSE , dont mention SHakti.
You only pretend to know things, your IQ is limited to Google/weibo searching skills only.

Yes, the WS-10 was on multi-engined platforms but eventually powered this very early J-10 prototype and did it way back in 2002 too! :)
Thanks for telling that even WS-10 wasn't perfect to install directly into single engine testbed.
😉
case closed.

SexyChineseLady

It's clear this guy is just trolling.
A Chinese person can't "troll" her own threads ;)

I might be trolling the trollers who make silly, illogical and biased posts here in the Chinese economics thread, I guess. I am all for reasonable debate. But calling people names doesn't make for good debate :D

All I see is him reposting images and claiming China has engines.. anyone with knowledge knows it doesn't work like that 🙃.
It really does work that way in the real world. It is called hard evidence ;) Maybe Indian forums are different? Words are better than pictures here because aspirations can't really be photographed?

That's a KJ-500 AWACS and a KQ-200 ASW flying on WJ-6 engines below:
B98FE419-A743-4DC1-9E5D-725277B00D51.jpeg

39825C1F-4C77-451B-8DD8-CD102CF02516.jpeg

If Xian didn't mass produce those airframes and if the WJ-6s were unable to power them then there would be no pictues ;)

NutCracker

Country flag
All I see is him reposting images and claiming China has engines.. anyone with knowledge knows it doesn't work like that 🙃.
It really does work that way in the real world. It is called hard evidence ;) Maybe Indian forums are different? Words are better than pictures here because aspirations can't really be photographed?
No, what he meant is that you only copy paste from different websites.😉 You dont carry any knowledge about any single one of these fields.

If you actually had tiny little knowledge about how Engines work, you wont downplay the mentioning of a Indigenous Turboshaft engine.😉

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Wrong concludsion, and we are not that worried.

The data means for those nations USA,China,Japan,Germany most R&D are generated locally, which means their local companies (including the branch of golbal entrprise) are so strong, and it refelcts how weak Indian's local companies on R&D field.

Just one exmaple:

Huawei spent USD$22.4bn R&D on 2021, it's 15% of the whole India's government R&D.

What does that R&D produce when the only thing chinks do is steal foreign IPR, while India spends more on R&D than entire ASEAN does, its one of the lowest as %age of GDP for sure but is ever increasing.

SexyChineseLady

No, what he meant is that you only copy paste from different websites. You dont carry any knowledge about any single one of these fields.

If you actually had tiny little knowledge about how these things work, you wont downplay the mentioning of a Indigenous Turboshaft engine.
I'm no expert but I certainly have more understanding of engines than the Indian posters here!

Seriously, when you see the WS-10 powering J-10, J-11, J-16, J-20 and the J-15 and think it is unreliable (especially when the PLAAF use them to wear down the Japanese and Taiwanese F-15s and F-16s with constant scrambles)? That's not knowledge, it is just opinion ;)

That India can leapfrog an entire Chinese engine industry that produces thousands of engines (and it is thousands because just for WS-10 there are about 800 J-11 and J-16s plus 200 J-20s and they are all twin engined with the J-11B having been fitted with WS-10s since 2009) when India has never even gotten a turbofan into production? That's fantasy talk.

That companies like RR and Safran who spent decades and billions on their tech woukd just gift it to India? Doesn't sound like much knowledge to me :D

Anyways, turbofans are far more demanding and are the pinnacle of aero engine tech which is why even I know of the Kaveri.

But I certainly don't dismiss turboshafts!

This is the WZ-10 working as the powerplant of the Z-20. Unlike the Shakti it doesn't rely on parts from another country. And unlike the HTSE, it is powering helos right now ;)
F4923508-18CB-4E04-B602-F917168DDAC7.jpeg

rockdog

Country flag
What does that R&D produce when the only thing chinks do is steal foreign IPR, while India spends more on R&D than entire ASEAN does, its one of the lowest as %age of GDP for sure but is ever increasing.
You have times population than ASEAN nations, but

Your university rankings are quite low.

The nature index rankings, the are 9 universities from China among Top20.

Last edited:

NutCracker

Country flag

The nature index rankings, the are 9 universities from China from Top20.

@FalconSlayers Look, he again brought Nature.com

Looks like this CCP little pink maggot didn't read our old bashing of CCP funded Nature.com

1670742665538.png

SexyChineseLady

Having to use racial slurs is a sure sign of a troll!

And frustrated one at that ;)

That Chinese R&D created this:

2F47D925-583D-4746-8578-97EDE355FAD8.jpeg

rockdog

Country flag
@FalconSlayers Look, he again brought Nature.com

Looks like this CCP little pink maggot didn't read our old bashing of CCP funded Nature.com

View attachment 185628
No problem, we also have TCL, Mi and Vivo while you talking about China.

907.jpg

253.jpg

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag

The nature index rankings, the are 9 universities from China among Top20.

Paid University Rankings? How is that related to R&D spending?
No problem, we also have TCL and Vivo while you talking about China.

View attachment 185631
Did you post that crap with this👇🏻?

1670743865198.png

Vivo and TCL are free to do business here but nobody cares about them sponsoring news programmes, joke's on you that chinese firms sponsor anti-china shows while running in loss selling their trash.

SexyChineseLady

No one tell the Chinese that all this "high tech export" is just cheap, outsourced material due to their cheap labor 🤭
Illogical sour grapes when Indians are paid FAR less ;)

6790D346-37BA-455C-BF68-6E260E8AC7C6.jpeg

China942,314,000,000
Hong Kong431,628,000,000
India27,446,000,000

rockdog

Country flag
No one tell the Chinese that all this "high tech export" is just cheap, outsourced material due to their cheap labor 🤭

123.png

234.png

SexyChineseLady

Think about this:

4A42C7B7-4D82-4B25-A2B7-254FFEE90255.jpeg

HIGH TECH EXPORTS
China$942B
Hong Kong$431B
India$27B

The technology base of China is such that Chinese high tech exports are 50 times that of India despite Indian labor costs being five times less to use.

China's overwhelming lead in technology and infractructure then leads to automation, advance logistics and industrial scale of production that can't be matched by India's cheap labor or really that of anyone else in the world.

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
In my personal opinion, india has lot to prove and should silently work towards it than automatically assuming that we will become successful in every endeavour we take.

Lets see it in the flesh with products on the ground and being mass produced and exported.

Till then we have nothing much to say that people will believe. Dont underestimate others achievements just because you are not there yet. First get to the same level and then you can compare with authority and backing of data and facts.

rockdog

Country flag
In my personal opinion, india has lot to prove and should silently work towards it than automatically assuming that we will become successful in every endeavour we take.

Lets see it in the flesh with products on the ground and being mass produced and exported.

Till then we have nothing much to say that people will believe. Dont underestimate others achievements just because you are not there yet. First get to the same level and then you can compare with authority and backing of data and facts.
Agree, the "silently" or "loudly" are two different attitude. As i said, i am hiring an Indian outsourcing team and communicate with them everyday.

Indian like to boost 10 when they start to work from 1; Chinese (also Japanese and Korean) normally keeps low profile and only claim 9 when they did 10; there is no right or wrong, just culture differences, it would explains why there are so many Indian top CEOs in western world.

But when you running some industrials for a nation, you need well planning, continousous support for decades, and public only see the result at the last moment. The dominance of Chinese mobile industry, LCD industry, battery industry, EV industry, Solar equipment industry didn't come out overnight, the government kept on subsidised for 10 years and many firms dead during the long match.

That's why when @RoaringTigerHiddenDragon claim "we are going to have this", "we are going to have that" i normally just ignore it, and didn't give a shit. The upgrading of value chain is always tough and complicated, you only have 50:50 chance to win. I rather believe it's culture shock than he is not college educated.

SexyChineseLady

There definitely a big cultural difference in the way we see value. I think for Indians, it is always the "idea" or "design" as being most important. For Chinese it is the "production" and "infrastructure."

Everyone can dream and think up designs. But China builds the infrastructure so that it could handle and build any design and make ideas into reality :)

And once that idea is built out, China makes lots and lots of it with the infrastructure in place! :D

This is the production plant at Shaanxi for the Y-8/Y-9 transports:
E08236FF-20E6-45A3-90AB-3F697FD18B0E.jpeg

There are many, many designs off this base four-engined aircraft powered by a very reliable WJ-6 turboprop. (WJ-6 has gone through many iterations, it is now WJ-6C for production Y-9s):
E5FBB98F-4DB0-40E6-9A8D-CBCE40BD3274.jpeg

C3BF59BE-5DB3-4A95-8FA4-326FF1BCDE5F.jpeg

Many different variants of the base Y-9 transport require a huge industrial base to supply not only the parts to the aircraft but the many parts of the mission instruments!
A2A25329-5130-4DAE-B938-B54D765AA3FB.jpeg

F8020BBE-D8EB-4A92-B16C-C864E3427ACF.jpeg

The eco-system and industrial complex that evolved around the Y-8/Y-9 are used for the production lines of other aircraft like the AGM600:
363A411E-100A-4EA6-B24B-4DE73EB4CDDA.jpeg

Constant designing for different variants and constant production create capability and capacity to build new more and more advance types like the carrier-born KJ-600:
64EBF84B-E64B-4A84-B8B4-384FEDA26170.jpeg

All of this from a mass produced airframe plus a mass produced turboprop. The key word is "mass produced" and the industrial infrastructure that goes into mass producing ;)

This is the same for all industries in China not just aircraft and aero engines :)

65472059-F04F-4787-AF84-6D4C14EAF7F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Varzone

Tihar Jail
Banned
There definitely a big cultural difference in the way we see value. I think for Indians, it is always the "idea" or "design" as being most important. For Chinese it is the "production" and "infrastructure."

Everyone can dream and think up designs. But China builds the infrastructure so that it could handle and build any design and make ideas into reality :)

And once that idea is built out, China makes lots and lots of it with the infrastructure in place! :D

This is the production plant at Shaanxi for the Y-8/Y-9 transports:View attachment 185724

There are many, many designs off this base four-engined aircraft powered by a very reliable WJ-6 turboprop. (WJ-6 has gone through many iterations, it is now WJ-6C for production Y-9s):
View attachment 185725
View attachment 185726

Many different variants of the base Y-9 transport require a huge industrial base to supply not only the parts to the aircraft but the many parts of the mission instruments!
View attachment 185727
View attachment 185729

The eco-system and industrial complex that evolved around the Y-8/Y-9 are used for the production lines of other aircraft like the AGM600:
View attachment 185728

Constant designing for different variants and constant production create capability and capacity to build new more and more advance types like the carrier-born KJ-600:
View attachment 185730

All of this from a mass produced airframe plus a mass produced turboprop. The key word is "mass produced" and the industrial infrastructure that goes into mass producing ;)

This is the same for all industries in China not just aircraft and aero engines :)

View attachment 185731
There are strengths in manufacturing and experience but then India has its own advantages.

Namely the covid response where we exported vaccines made in india both of UK design and of Indian origin design.
Whereas China imported the vaccine from Germany and then manufactured their own vaccine but with much lower immunity for lower number of variants.
China has a covid app for every region of China whereas India had a unified pan India app with complete data analytics accessible for all states and Union Territories.
India is ahead in digitisation. China needs to do better and can since they have the data but the skeleton over it is not that great.

SexyChineseLady

There are strengths in manufacturing and experience but then India has its own advantages.

Namely the covid response where we exported vaccines made in india both of UK design and of Indian origin design.
Whereas China imported the vaccine from Germany and then manufactured their own vaccine but with much lower immunity for lower number of variants.
China has a covid app for every region of China whereas India had a unified pan India app with complete data analytics accessible for all states and Union Territories.
India is ahead in digitisation. China needs to do better and can since they have the data but the skeleton over it is not that great.
India definitely has its strengths but I am not sure those are shown in the Covid vaccines or digitization.

Both China and India produced and exported the same kind of local vaccines with China exported a lot more of it:

F158F71C-6594-4BA5-912C-C7989533EDFF.png

71BDBBAD-4C4C-43B0-BB2D-979A10F98555.jpeg

As far as digitization, China is very much ahead and it is part and parcel of its lead in high tech products:
0F77EFFA-34EB-45E4-8311-2DFC4E135E23.jpeg

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles