China agrees to build economic corridor in Azad Kashmir

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
BEIJING: China has begun discussing deals for projects in Azad Kashmir, which India claims as its own.

The Chinese foreign ministry has said China is looking forward to building an economic corridor with Pakistan, which will start in its border city of Kashgar, pass through Kashmir and terminate at Gwadar port in Baluchistan.

Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said construction of the corridor was the most important consensus reached by the two parties during Premier Li Keqiang's visit to Pakistan. China will work with Pakistan to step-up the planning and construction of the project and make it the highlight of cooperation between the two countries, he said.

Pakistani PM Nawaz Sharif mentioned the issue in his first speech after taking charge, and offered to build a highway and a railway linking western China, and running through Pakistan from south to north.

Gwadar port was built in 2006 with Chinese assistance totalling $200 million. It has proved to be largely unsuccessful because of extremely low utilization during the years it was managed by the Singapore port. Chinese companies recently took over the port's management. Pakistan is seeking additional funds from China to enlarge the port while holding out the promise of giving Chinese goods access to the Indian Ocean.

China agrees to build economic corridor in *** - The Times of India

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
We need to develop azad kashmir on the pattern of switzerland.

as the northern areas are atleast as beautiful as Switzerland

amoy

We need to develop azad kashmir on the pattern of switzerland.

as the northern areas are atleast as beautiful as Switzerland
someday we can travel from Kashgar a SEZ in the making, by rail to A z a d Kashmir。 impossible is nothing!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
someday we can travel from Kashgar a SEZ in the making, by rail to A z a d Kashmir。 impossible is nothing!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
last month i had a very short tour of 2 days to chitral.and it was unbelieveable beautiful.
From Haripur upto the china's border makes up about 800km land route.and within these 800km one can witness heaven on earth.
And the rail link is very much possible..because people even can go upto khunjerab just on a 100cc bike.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
@amoy

i am sure from many indian you must had heard that we will block your oil supply incase of war..

but once the gwadar gets operational.PLAN will possible look for a naval base.
i am sure india would be finding hard to pass there oil supply continue incase of war..because of the strategic location of gwadar on the gateway of gulf

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles