Ceding Aksai Chin not an option for India

CCTV

If India doesn't have nukes then why the heck in the world did China say that India is hiding the real range of AGNI 5 and also why did they feel that AGNI 5 is a threat to china?
The chinese members here are acting like cowards and are also changing their statements........
"IF THE CHINESE SAY THAT INDIA DOES NOT HAVE NUKES THEN THE CHINESE HAVE PUKES WITH THEM AND NOTHING ELSE"

"ALL THE CHINESE MISSILES ARE DUDS TOO".........
Well, any link about China feel A5 is a threat?

Again, I claim India do not have nukes base in the data of your nuclear tests. You can show us your evidence of India did has nukes.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

Again, I claim India do not have nukes base in the data of your nuclear tests. You can show us your evidence of India did has nukes.
Please just look at the interview given by your officials after the test launch of AGNI 5..........

This type of ignorance from the RED DRAGON shows its insecurity..........:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

SamwiseTheBrave

Internet warfare has its own nuisance value, as "aerokan" has succinctly explained above :cool2:

That apart, we are not obliged to take bullcrap from trollers like: t_co & CCTV here, especially self-flagellation & self-deprecatory attitude in presence of outsiders is just not warranted. The least we can do on this forum is educate & enlighten our Chinese friends, as we have been doing pretty well so far :namaste:

They are just getting a taste of their medicine here, nothing more or less. That's the least we can do to them on this forum. Not that it affects ground realities in any manner but are we not "already" cognizant of this fact..?

Regarding, action on the ground: yes, we do owe our own bit for the nation & more. So, lets continue to focus on the "execute" part, while spreading awareness simultaneously, though all possible channels including Social Media. :lol:

You see, I am an avid believer of old school "Information Warfare". All Hail Kautilya :hail:

@pmaitra This is most definitely an important area of improvment for our Armed Forces... when was the last time we executed a successful PSYOPS out there against aggressor nations ? Instead of shooting the messengers like TrueSpirit we need to get with it, and open our eyes to the reality of information warfare. Read up on Goebbels to know what i`m talking about. The Pakis are pastmasters at this art having inherited it from the Brits and have integrated it superbly in their military-diplomatic establishment. Short sighted statements like "we believe in bullets on the ground and not words in the air" conveys a limited understanding & perspective. This is exactly the problem which must be remedied !

Last edited by a moderator:

t_co

@pmaitra This is most definitely an important area of improvment for our Armed Forces... when was the last time we executed a successful PSYOPS out there against aggressor nations ? Instead of shooting the messengers like TrueSpirit we need to get with it, and open our eyes to the reality of information warfare. Read up on Goebbels to know what i`m talking about. The Pakis are pastmasters at this art having inherited it from the Brits and have integrated it superbly in their military-diplomatic establishment. Short sighted statements like "we believe in bullets on the ground and not words in the air" conveys a limited understanding & perspective. This is exactly the problem which must be remedied !
If you really think talking to each other on DFI is successful psy ops/infowar, then you must also think that shooting up a bunch of dummy targets on a shooting range somehow kills your real enemies.

Go learn Chinese and post on CJDBY if you believe what TrueSpirit is saying, and want to 'fight the good fight'.

SamwiseTheBrave

If you really think talking to each other on DFI is successful psy ops/infowar, then you must also think that shooting up a bunch of dummy targets on a shooting range somehow kills your real enemies.

Go learn Chinese and post on CJDBY if you believe what TrueSpirit is saying, and want to 'fight the good fight'.
it reeally requires a leap of imagination to contort my post and mangle it to mean that I consider DFI discussions as PSYOPS. if you actually apply some analytical thinking you`ll get the point of TrueSpirit`s post and then mine in the proper context. Allow me to repeat it again and try digesting it this time properly : usage of rhetoric, propoganda and information dissemination is actually something our armed forces and ministries must learn and practise. it is 1 of the tools of the armoury.

And thanks for the suggestion, i`ll actually spare it a thought or two ! btw, if you are indeed a part of the 50cent army, then in essence , you are mining the DFI forum to obtain insights into indian views and gaining material for counter propoganda - thus exposing the weakness of your argument !
your post.... that is, if you can think of a reply.

t_co

it reeally requires a leap of imagination to contort my post and mangle it to mean that I consider DFI discussions as PSYOPS. if you actually apply some analytical thinking you`ll get the point of TrueSpirit`s post and then mine in the proper context. Allow me to repeat it again and try digesting it this time properly : usage of rhetoric, propoganda and information dissemination is actually something our armed forces and ministries must learn and practise. it is 1 of the tools of the armoury.

And thanks for the suggestion, i`ll actually spare it a thought or two ! btw, if you are indeed a part of the 50cent army, then in essence , you are mining the DFI forum to obtain insights into indian views and gaining material for counter propoganda - thus exposing the weakness of your argument !
Maybe I'm an American poster trying to stir up shit between China and India?

TrueSpirit

you must also think that shooting up a bunch of dummy targets on a shooting range somehow kills your real enemies.
Shooting up a bunch of dummy targets on a shooting range is the first step in becoming a trained marksmen. Those who resort to untrained, semi-skilled human wave formations just don't get it. Pity...

TrueSpirit

btw, if you are indeed a part of the 50cent army, then in essence , you are mining the DFI forum to obtain insights into indian views and gaining material for counter propoganda - thus exposing the weakness of your argument !

CCTV's question above confirms your "Mining the DFI forum" part.

TrueSpirit

Is this really English you are trying to write here ? Sans any syntax, grammar or sanity. Pity :tsk:

Regarding your query about Indian nukes: you can choose to live in permanent denial mode & opium-war era delirium.....

No one on DFI cares to answer hopeless nutcases that CCTV & t_co have proven themselves to be :thumb:

But, continue to entertain us, you two.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Is this really English you are trying to write here ? Sans any syntax, grammar or sanity. Pity :tsk:

Regarding your query about Indian nukes: you can choose to live in permanent denial mode & opium-war era delirium.....

No one on DFI cares to answer hopeless nutcases that CCTV & t_co have proven themselves to be :thumb:

But, continue to entertain us, you two.
They can live in denial. But they don't know they are in denial.

DFI is supposed to be a forum for discussion not abuse.

Remember and don't embarrass yourself.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There's a tent in my garden

HUMOUR - BY PRASANTO K. ROY

Crash.The dragon shattered the wall. It was in a sari, breathing fire and waving a whip. Strangely, its shrill rant about communists in my room was in Bengali. Odd, I said, do dragons speak in —Crash!

I woke up. What? I looked around groggily. Then I heard something through the window. In the garden.

I reached for my phone. Dead. I plugged in the charger. My iPad was next to the bed, and it said 2am. In the media we double-check things, so I searched for "time" and Google confirmed it. 2am.

I shook my wife awake. "Don't panic," I said urgently. "Why? Should I?" she said. "Okay, maybe a bit," I said. "There's something outside. I don't think it's a dragon. It could be a communist."

"Oh, shut up," she said. "Get back to —" and then she heard it too. A scraping and rustling in the garden. "Call the police," she said.

"I just plugged in my BlackBerry. It takes 10 minutes to start up," I said.

"Yes, while we get killed. Wait, what's that?"

I listened. Startled, I listened harder. It was someone humming. Something familiar and cheerful. This was a happy intruder.

"Wait," I said. "I'll check this out." I picked up the heaviest thing I could find as a weapon, my wife's Dell laptop, and stepped quietly toward the balcony. "You stay here and call the cops if I yell"¦my phone will be up and running in five."

I went out on to the balcony, laptop switched on for softlight. I needn't have bothered. Our intruder had triggered my garden's motion-sensor halogen light, while breaking down a bit of the boundary wall.

I was half-expecting a dragon. What I wasn't expecting was, in a corner of our garden, a tent.

Quite a smart tent, at that. It was green, with bits of forest camouflage, and I could see the light shining on a logo that said "Beijing Outdoor". Inside, there was movement, and the almost-tuneless humming that I now recognised as Gangnam Style.

Seriously weird.

"Hey"¦" I said loudly, from the balcony.

A head poked out of the tent, with a big grin. "Hello-hello!" it said. It was Ping Chong, my neighbour.

"Er"¦" I wasn't often at a loss for words, but I'd never before had a neighbour break into my garden and pitch a tent.

A wrist emerged, and the grinning head looked at it. "Late, vely late!" it said. "Good night!" And it popped back into the tent.

I stood there for a few minutes, out on the balcony. Then I went back.

"What? Who's it? Shall I call the cops?"

"No, it's okay." I said. "It's just our neighbour Chong. He's broken our wall and pitched a tent in our garden."

"What? Is he crazy? Go back and speak to him."

"I can't now. It's very late and he's gone to sleep."

"Look here," said my wife. "It's been over a week now. Just what are you planning to do about this dude in the tent? He's all over our garden."

"Let's not exaggerate now. He's just 19 feet into our plot. I measured it. And anyway Ping Chong has a different perception of exactly where the boundary wall is."

"What? Different what? Anyway what are you doing about it?"

"Well, you know I went to the cops. They said it was a sensitive matter between two neighbours, and that we should talk it over."

"You talked it over twice. First time, he came back with his cooking stove and started making noodles in our garden. The second time he went back to get his yappy Pekingese, and now there's doggy-do all over."

"Yes, yes I know. Don't worry, tomorrow I'm sending someone next door to talk it over with his dad."

"Sending someone? Like who?"

"Salman."

"Our tenant? What can he do?"

"Salman is a great negotiator. He was 'salesman of the week' last year."

"What if he can't get him out?"

"Don't worry, I have a plan B. I've bought a tent on e-Bay. It should be here tomorrow. Now let them stop me pitching a tent in their garden."

The doorbell rang. "My tent!" I said, and ran to the door.

It was Salman, and he was beaming from ear to ear..

"Great news, man," he said. "It's all sorted out."

"What? He's going back?"

"Totally. He wanted to leave his tent behind in case he had to come back, but I convinced his dad to get Chong to take the tent back."

"What did you tell him?"

"Well, I said you were getting ready to pitch a tent in their garden, but you wouldn't if Chong was a good boy and went back."

"Wow."

"Yes. But Papa Li also said they were concerned about your activities near the boundary wall. I said you'd take care of that."

"My"¦ activities?"

"You've put flower pots right next to the wall. He's also seen you walking too close to the boundary, singing Just another brick in the wall."

"But why did Chong break in and pitch a tent in my garden?"

"Hey man, we didn't go there. We were focusing on solving the crisis, so we didn't do any post-mortem or apportion blame."

"So it's all sorted out?"

"You bet. We're on the same page now. Papa Li is even going to visit us next week. You could chat about the boundary wall issue then."

I slapped him on the back. "Well, you did it, man. You're just the best."

Prasanto K. Roy (@prasanto) is a green evangelist and technology writer

There’s a tent in my garden

Something to lighten up! :)

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag

Yes yes, everyone in the world saw how the chinese were chased by the Vietnamese, so please don't bluff......

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
If India should remember about the past conflicts, then China should also remember the conflicts they were into.......

India has faced more wars than China in the recent past, i.e. from 19th century and had seen a good success rate, the wars India had fought are the 1947-Indo-Pak, 1962 Indo-China, 1965 Indo-Pak,1971 Indo-Pak, 19999 Indo-Pak. All the wars were fought using substantiated class of weapons which were used by the Indian Defence Forces and in each war the enemy had good and better weapons than what India had, also the enemies like pakistan had America and the NATO on their side. But Inda had only RUSSIA, the ever lasting and TRUE FRIEND OF INDIA. This shows the capability of UNITY and also the dedication of the Indian Armed Forces.
Coming to the chinese, I know only about the war with Japan, Vietnam and India. I support the war with Japan as the Japanese ill-treated them very badly and got what they deserve.......

CCTV

If India should remember about the past conflicts, then China should also remember the conflicts they were into.......

India has faced more wars than China in the recent past, i.e. from 19th century and had seen a good success rate, the wars India had fought are the 1947-Indo-Pak, 1962 Indo-China, 1965 Indo-Pak,1971 Indo-Pak, 19999 Indo-Pak. All the wars were fought using substantiated class of weapons which were used by the Indian Defence Forces and in each war the enemy had good and better weapons than what India had, also the enemies like pakistan had America and the NATO on their side. But Inda had only RUSSIA, the ever lasting and TRUE FRIEND OF INDIA. This shows the capability of UNITY and also the dedication of the Indian Armed Forces.
Coming to the chinese, I know only about the war with Japan, Vietnam and India. I support the war with Japan as the Japanese ill-treated them very badly and got what they deserve.......
Again, if you compare wining ratio in the history, nobody can match Mongols.

Now, if you want to win a war, you have to have better industrial base.

TrueSpirit

abuse. Remember and don't embarrass yourself.
Ok, where do you see the abuse happening here ? In fact, I am vehemently against anything that deteriorates quality or derails the flow of discussion on DFI. Pointing out a characteristic/peculiarity of an individual who just trolls from one topic to another, evading when confronted with facts & mentioning utter rubbish, is no abuse. Just posting anything senseless in no discussion, better sense should prevail & arguments have to have at least some merit or logic.Our Chinese friends have only received a taste of their own medicine.

But to understand this better, you need to go through the contributions of these 2-3 Chinese members in particular, t_co, CCTV & mylegend
Search across threads & see for yourself to what level they demean & vitiate the entire milieu. How they derail the threads & bring them down from their original exalted standards.

They have degraded threads, wasted everybody's bandwidth, kept on mocking experts & senior contributors with their meaningless & amateurish commentaries & diversionary propaganda

It is everybody's duty on DFI to not let this happen & I am not embarrassed in performing that role, whenever it calls for. Abuse is something I have a somewhat low threshold for. Whether directed at me or others, in real life

Last edited:

TrueSpirit

Again, if you compare wining ratio in the history, nobody can match Mongols.

Now, if you want to win a war, you have to have better industrial base.
Better industrial base is definitely an advantage in long drawn wars, that drag-on for months & years. Like the majority of pre-1945 wars. But even in that era, Chinese with a much better industrial base & entire Europe backing them, lost wars (& naval engagements) with Japan towards the end of 19th century. I am sure you would juggle out some gibberish numbers from suspect sources trying to prove that was not the case & the Chinese have actually won all battles with everyone (as you always do), but I think , by now, you should know better than that. :p

Anyway, these days (with asymmetrical warfare calling the shots), waging war itself is no more a manadatory requirement for pursuing & accomplishing a nations' interest. There are myriad other ways to do it. Who knows it better than Chinese, with the Frankenstein they have created called Pak. But despite all odds, history proves it, that the one with more ingenuity, resolve & resourcefulness wins it , eventually.

By the way, you have reasons to be worried about India's industrial base because it is not limited by the Indian geography but goes far beyond that: to the North & West & East (think strategic, you would understand). And a much bigger, younger workforce would turn the tables decisively in all wars.

That's advantage India, you know. :namaste:

The Last Stand

Country flag
@TrueSpirit sir, if they degrade discussion, why do you argue or troll and degrade the discussion even further. The Chinese members here are just patriotic and sometimes don't accept that they are wrong.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles