Aryan Invasion Hypothesis

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
what param is saying
-everyone from all regions mixed and as a result we have variations in skin colour, features etc today even within families.
That is something, which I can believe; although it doesn't explain variation in gothra adhering brahmins and traditionally tribal society of ours.

but before mixing they were separate groups.
That separate group hypothesis is well a hypothesis, its not a fact.

The theory I subscribe to is that India is the birthplace of mankind, hence the large number of variation.

Reactions: Ray

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think there are too many cross culture to definitely state that this is right and this is wrong.

warriorextreme

Country flag
truth is we have been here for so long that our skin has adapted to the environment...people in north are mostly lighter skin and those in south are mostly darker skin...

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
The theory I subscribe to is that India is the birthplace of mankind, hence the large number of variation.
Genetic research done till now tilts to African origin of humans. Although the migration to South Asia and Arabia and then the migration from there to Europe have happened much early.

There is nothing called an Aryan race or Dravidian race. Those are gross generalizations with obvious political motives.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Heavens!

Too complicated.

Who are we?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
That is something, which I can believe; although it doesn't explain variation in gothra adhering brahmins and traditionally tribal society of ours.

That separate group hypothesis is well a hypothesis, its not a fact.

It is well established fact that africa is origin of mankind.

Different groups in India have been here for thousands of years and have since then intermingled. No one is anyone is less Indian but main point is that not everyone arrived in one single group at one once out of africa.

India is the mother of civilization as we know it today but africa is the origin of human beings.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
even our great great great grand kids will be debating on this
Oh no .. it shouldn't stay a debate for so long.
Russell Peters joke comes to my mind. He mocked that it took 60 years for the indecisive Indians to rename their cities from the names given by their colonial masters :)

HeinzGud

Country flag
truth is we have been here for so long that our skin has adapted to the environment...people in north are mostly lighter skin and those in south are mostly darker skin...
In SL it's evident that climate has had a hand in shaping the complexion of the people...... North,East and North Central people have more darker complexion due to the over exposure to the harsh sun while people in South West of the country have a milder complexion due to the milder climate they have. More over people in the hill country have far more lighter complexion...

niharjhatn

Different groups in India have been here for thousands of years and have since then intermingled. No one is anyone is less Indian but main point is that not everyone arrived in one single group at one once out of africa.

India is the mother of civilization as we know it today but africa is the origin of human beings.
What seems odd to me is that this intermingling (to this level!) did not really happen anywhere else...

warriorextreme

Country flag
In SL it's evident that climate has had a hand in shaping the complexion of the people...... North,East and North Central people have more darker complexion due to the over exposure to the harsh sun while people in South West of the country have a milder complexion due to the milder climate they have. More over people in the hill country have far more lighter complexion...
Imagine such effects after thousands of years of climate effect on skin :) even the whitest guy will become dark..

amoy

Below is an interesting read
The mtDNA distribution, which indicates maternal descent, describes all the Onge and a heavy majority of the Great Andamanese as belonging to haplogroup M, found ubiquitously in India, where it represents 60% of all maternal lineages.[31][33] Given the insularity of the Andamanese, this has led geneticists to believe that this haplogroup originated with the earliest settlers of India during the coastal migration that brought the ancestors of the Andamanese to the Indian mainland, the Andaman Islands and further afield to Southeast Asia.[34] Some anthropologists postulate that Southern India and Southeast Asia was once populated largely by Negritos similar to those of the Andamans,[29] and that some tribal populations in the south of India, such as the Irulas are remnants of that period.[35][36]
Even in Taiwen there're tales among 'natives' (minority before arrival of Han) about "Negritos" which was extinct

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Genetic research done till now tilts to African origin of humans. Although the migration to South Asia and Arabia and then the migration from there to Europe have happened much early.

There is nothing called an Aryan race or Dravidian race. Those are gross generalizations with obvious political motives.
Research is ongoing, It has not conclusively proved that we indeed came from Africa. However, I have a theory which is also backed by some religions texts which say India is the birthplace of mankind.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
no you are just plain mocking us. India is 3000km in length and 3000km in breadth, Sri Lanka is tiny in comparison.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles