Armored Personnel Carriers & Infantry Fighting Vehicles

Corvus Splendens

Country flag
Soon dream come to in reality pak army working on İFV induction by 2025 u get the tot news
With what money ? I don't think if you've noticed but the land of the pure isn't doing very hot financially. All priorities currently given to missiles and fighter jet program. And where would this vehicle be even used, it doesn't fit into Pak army's armored corps doctrine and it certainly won't fight in the loose soil in the swamps and marshlands near the punjabi border. If you need something for counter insurgency duties in Balochistan, Iron biradar has cheaper options. You barely have enough capex saved for VT-4s and J-10s. The entire military is structured around counter offensives and area denial. This funny car doesn't fit the bill in an offensive against India. So why buy it ?

JBH22

Soon dream come to in reality pak army working on İFV induction by 2025 u get the tot news
I think Pak is quite innovative with their budget. They know matching India dollar for dollar is impossible so they make good with whatever they have. Pakistani have the initiative and are able to take decision far quicker than India notorious procurement process.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
I think Pak is quite innovative with their budget. They know matching India dollar for dollar is impossible so they make good with whatever they have. Pakistani have the initiative and are able to take decision far quicker than India notorious procurement process.
that is all they have in life.their decisions are kept on rails and there is clear path and no room for other kinds of development.it's either islamic caliphate or bust - so buy weapons to be a staging platform for invading India in the future.

JBH22

that is all they have in life.their decisions are kept on rails and there is clear path and no room for other kinds of development.it's either islamic caliphate or bust - so buy weapons to be a staging platform for invading India in the future.
Well you have to appreciate your opponent clarity of thought. its ummah or chumah :p

Super falcon

Country flag
Friends I'm hearing news from some sources a friend of mine who works in us Oshkosh he and I was talking about JLTV he said Indian ministry of defence is negotiating to buy atleast 100 JLTV for Indian army as a modernization program I said to him that Indian Defence sector has similar platforms developed but he said JLTV is very different to any other armoured vehicle because it not only have best protection but it offers a lot more than any vehicle in terms of technology and it do things what no other can do you can take this one vehicle in snow mountain desert rainy extreme condition human can imagine it will bring you alive so I said him why India want them he said might be used in Ladakh stand off region with other us and Indian systems or for special forces use

Definitely these will make Indian army more agile and better awearness force against china in Ladakh

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Friends I'm hearing news from some sources a friend of mine who works in us Oshkosh he and I was talking about JLTV he said Indian ministry of defence is negotiating to buy atleast 100 JLTV for Indian army as a modernization program I said to him that Indian Defence sector has similar platforms developed but he said JLTV is very different to any other armoured vehicle because it not only have best protection but it offers a lot more than any vehicle in terms of technology and it do things what no other can do you can take this one vehicle in snow mountain desert rainy extreme condition human can imagine it will bring you alive so I said him why India want them he said might be used in Ladakh stand off region with other us and Indian systems or for special forces use

Definitely these will make Indian army more agile and better awearness force against china in Ladakh

Difficult to see why the Ministry of Defence would approve it when there are perfect alternatives locally available.

The Kalyani M4 is currently being used to replace all the old tactical vehicles by the Indian Army. The turret and ATGM launcher can easily be mounted on M4 if the Army wants. That's probably the only import component here required until MPATGM is finalized (under testing now).

1679354772639.png

For lighter roles, we already operate the Mahindra ALSV that is already deployed on UN Peacekeeping missions in the hands of Indian military command.
1679354385771.png

For border patrols and officer movements, the armored TATA Safari Storme has already been ordered by Indian Army:

1679354870043.png

The only place where foreigners can score a sale in lighter armored vehicles is to offer joint development of future light tanks that would be between 25-40 tons in weight class.

Scour DFI and you will find plenty of references. India does not need a JLTV class import. Perhaps some additions or modifications of it at best but that does not justify the import volumes.

View attachment 197386

Last edited:

Varoon2

Country flag
They can't talk about their IT, digital economy, aerospace, biotech, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, alternative energy, oil exploration, animation, BPO, steel, railways, metros, universities, astronomy et al, so they focus on military issues, Kashmir, human rights in India, state of minorities and so on. When are we going to hear about a Pakistani astrophysicist, using a Pakistani astronomical observatory, leading a team of scientists that discover a huge exo-planet, as was recently announced in India?

Fatalis

Country flag

American Rheinmetall Vehicles and General Dynamics Land Systems will continue on in the U.S. Army’s pursuit of an Optionally Manned Fighting Vehicle to replace the Bradley infantry fighting vehicle, the Army said Monday.

The service has renamed the envisioned platform the XM30 Mechanized Infantry Combat Vehicle.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Pakistan’s HIT Unveils Viper IFV
Karachi , Jane’s Defence Weekly, 29 Nov 2018

Pakistani armour manufacturer Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) unveiled its latest infantry fighting vehicle (IFV), the Viper, at the IDEAS 2018 international defence exhibition, held in Karachi, Pakistan, between 27-30 November.

The Viper is based on a lengthened chassis derived from the M113 tracked armoured personnel carrier (APC) and has six road wheels on each side compared to the M113’s five. Unlike the M113, the IFV is additionally protected by appliqué armour.

“The Viper weighs some 16 tonnes and is protected in accordance with Level IV STANAG 4569 [all-round protection against 14.5 mm armour-piercing bullets fired at a distance of 200 m],” a source from HTI told Jane’s at IDEAS 2018.

The Viper has retained the internal layout of the M113 APC, with the powerpack mounted in the front right part of the hull. The vehicle transports up to 13 soldiers (including a crew of three) in anti-blast seats without neck protection. However, the hull lacks a spall liner or any additional anti-fragmentation protection for the crew and dismounts. The vehicle’s troop compartment is fitted with an exit ramp.

The prototype of the Viper has been fitted with a modified Turra 30 remotely controlled weapon station (RCWS) armed with a Slovak-made Shipunov 2A42 30 mm automatic cannon, Kalashnikov PKT 7.62 mm medium machine gun (MG), two ready-to-use 9M113 Konkurs (AT-6 ‘Spandrel’) anti-tank guided missiles and smoke dischargers. The Konkurs missiles and Kalashnikov MG, the source noted, were supplied by East European NATO member states.

The RCWS’s sensor suite incorporates a daylight TV camera, infrared sight, and laser rangefinder. The commander’s workstation can additionally be fitted with a panoramic sight.

Global Defence

Articles