Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

vishnugupt

Country flag
They way the roof sheet has shared off, I didn't think anything other than Arty shell have that much power. We also saw arty hit videos & i did a 2+2=4... I could be wrong ofcourse.
Artillery shell consists of 50kg explosive, would have destroyed tank beyond recognition.

Even 8kg ATGM shape warhead enough to destroy a tank completely.

This is 2kg shape charge warhead of Lancet which left Tank inoperable.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Artillery shell consists of 50kg explosive, would have destroyed tank beyond recognition.

Even 8kg ATGM shape warhead enough to destroy a tank completely.

This is 2kg shape charge warhead of Lancet which left Tank inoperable.
It was caused via direct upper deck hit by a suicide FPV headset drone carrying a modified Rpg7 warhead

Blademaster

No way an arty shell weigh 50 kg explosive. If it was that much then no arty crew can load the shells into the arty gun because you would have to include the surrounding case and propellant. Total weight of a 155 mm shell is 45 kg. So perhaps you meant the total weight of the shell is close to 50 kg which includes some kg of explosives.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Reworked (fixed the turret size, lighting & colours)... Tank Ex Mark 2.
View attachment 210854
हंसतेहुए सदस्य bleh ji , tell me one thing since you know many things about tanks , have you seen a similar type of turret in pics edited by you ,used in any other tank in active service of any other nation ?

BlackViking

Country flag
They added Vijayanta to british tree I think (or are planning to), but it was a very ill received update since it was basically the same as existing tanks with only HEAT round being new.
Arjun mk1a available as premium tank in game called armoured warfare

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
हंसतेहुए सदस्य bleh ji , tell me one thing since you know many things about tanks , have you seen a similar type of turret in pics edited by you ,used in any other tank in active service of any other nation ?
IMG_20230618_002304.jpg

Closest is Vickers Mark7 turret of the initial prototypes that has some broad similarities, but their ultimate design was quite different.
IMG_20230618_002431.jpg

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
View attachment 210857
Closest is Vickers Mark7 turret of the initial prototypes that has some broad similarities, but their ultimate design was quite different.View attachment 210859
Fun fact the Vickers Mk7 was essentially the Vickers valiant turret on a Leopard 1 chassis . The Valiant itself offered to India in the early 1980's after Vickers lost the deal to build the future MBT of the UK to the Challenger . This was proposed as a follow on to the Vijayanta program & Avadi apparently supported it then .
That said politics intervened as Mrs. Gandhi required the support of the USSR , the Vickers deal was shelved in favor of the T-72 . Attaching a 1980's article on the valiant below !

Vaiant page 3.jpg

Valaint page 2.jpg

Valiant page 1.jpg

Blood+

Country flag
Does Arjun have an armoured blast compartment for the ammunition in the turret, similar to the Abrams and Leopard, where if the ammo is hit, the blast will go outwards and not touch the crew?
The MkIA has it but the main ammo stowage is located in the Hull front which is not isolated. So, in reality, it's just as much a death trap as a T-series MBT.

itsme

Country flag

First time seeing the actual sensor on the front. Why does the CLGM need a separate guidance unit? Dont think I've seen anything like this on other tanks.

Does it provide any advantage?

Blood+

Country flag

First time seeing the actual sensor on the front. Why does the CLGM need a separate guidance unit?
Because they seemingly could not integrate it with the gunner's primary sight.
Dont think I've seen anything like this on other tanks.

Does it provide any advantage?
Nope, no advantages, only drawbacks.

Blood+

Country flag
Saala BC....Brazilian army chief ko bata ke kya karna hai...Please show it to Indian Horomi Money Guzzling Genrols..🤬🤬
Nah, this is the only instance I'll have to side with the Indian generals; Arjun is definitely not fit to enter service (largely due to the faulty GSQR of the army borne out of their severe shortsightedness and general ineptitude).

Global Defence

New threads

Articles