Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Blademaster

I don't know, honestly. In fact, none us gets to read the recommendations of such a trial for any new equipment. They are not published for the army to read.
Really? Doesn't sound a good way of building up support by the users. Was that done intentionally by the IA brass or by the DRDO?

ParaPacem

Country flag
Apologies for derailing the talk of Mango penetration, but I'm curious to what RWS is used in the Arjun. Indigenous or made by Thales?

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Really? Doesn't sound a good way of building up support by the users. Was that done intentionally by the IA brass or by the DRDO?
No sane person publishes all the trial details that list out the capabilities or shortcomings.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Some nice 3d models have started coming along.

IMG_20230515_085544.jpg

IMG_20230515_084829.png

arjun_mk2_3d_model_c4d_max_obj_fbx_ma_lwo_3ds_3dm_stl_4313283_o.jpg

hakob-patrikyan-5.jpg

11.jpg

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
This was our initial prototype of Arjun...

EjTGxX5WkAAktPH.jpg

Now try to find weak spots in the turret
Original post that gave me the idea to use the non-shitty Arjun turret for a "Tank Ex Mark 2", let's say.

So I found a suitably angled Rajpath T-90 pic (lighting didn't match unfortunately)... This however is a 3-man turret that sports a bustle-mounted autoloader & 125mm gun, as that's what FMBT is going with.
TankEx 2.png

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

According to Brown Sipoys and fake experts, this part of Arjun was weakest point and reason for rejection by UN Generals.
What are you taking about? it's roof had been blasted by arty.... But the bold part is downright falsehood, IA was never bothered about that. The hidden gunner's sight protects it from bladt damage to a greater degree than roof mounted ones.

It's a trade off. Thinking only tank-on-tank is immature.

vishnugupt

Country flag
What are you taking about? it's roof had been blasted by arty.... But the bold part is downright falsehood, IA was never bothered about that. The hidden gunner's sight protects it from bladt damage to a greater degree than roof mounted ones.

It's a trade off. Thinking only tank-on-tank is immature.
Seriously Bhai?. Does it look like artillery strike to you?? Damage more like from Lancet.

Another thing, I said According to Brown Sipoy, not according to me. There was video on YouTube perhaps a year ago where a guy pointed out poor armour protection of Arjun MBT which Brown Sipoys also supported with tooth and nail and claimed Arjun rejected for one of these reasons.

binayak95

Country flag
Some nice 3d models have started coming along.

View attachment 205081

View attachment 205082

View attachment 205083

View attachment 205084

View attachment 205085
Coming soon to war thunder then

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Seriously Bhai?. Does it look like artillery strike to you?? Damage more like from Lancet.
They way the roof sheet has shared off, I didn't think anything other than Arty shell have that much power. We also saw arty hit videos & i did a 2+2=4... I could be wrong ofcourse.
Coming soon to war thunder then
About time.

I don't get why they don't have an Indian tech tree. Vijayantha, Tank Ex, Arjun Mark1 & Mark 1A, Bhim & Catapult... Similar modelling & low effort would bring them thousands Indian players!

binayak95

Country flag
They way the roof sheet has shared off, I didn't think anything other than Arty shell have that much power. We also saw arty hit videos & i did a 2+2=4... I could be wrong ofcourse.

About time.

I don't get why they don't have an Indian tech tree. Vijayantha, Tank Ex, Arjun Mark1 & Mark 1A, Bhim & Catapult... Similar modelling & low effort would bring them thousands Indian players!
The Vijayanta just got added as a premium in the British tree

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag

About time.

they can genuinely add the arjun k1a and mk1 as high-tier premiums but I don't know about an indian tech tree as there will be too many gaps to fill.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
they can genuinely add the arjun k1a and mk1 as high-tier premiums but I don't know about an indian tech tree as there will be too many gaps to fill.
Vijayantha
Vijayantha Mark 2 + Catapult SPH
Arjun
Tank Ex
Arjun Mark 1A + Bhim SPH
Modify a little to get T-72 Ajeya, Ajeya Mark 2 & T-90S Bhishma & T-72/90 hybrid variants, maybe BMP-2 based light-tank & SPH... Boom, Gaijin got few tens of thousands new Indian players ready to give them their money 💰🤑

Actually even better. They should do a South Asia tech tree & add the Al Zarar, Type 59 Durjoy(Bangladeshi), Type-692, Al Khalid, Al Khalid-1 & VT-4.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles