Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
may be still IA chose, substandard T 90s and almost left the superior arjun to die.
In coming days, Arjun will be Armys MBT, T-90s will be purchased, to replace T-72s,
Their could be one more reason that Army buy few Arjun is because of the price tag, As our economy grows stronger our Defense will grow stronger..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
In coming days, Arjun will be Armys MBT, T-90s will be purchased, to replace T-72s,
Their could be one more reason that Army buy few Arjun is because of the price tag, As our economy grows stronger our Defense will grow stronger..
I don't think DGMF or Army has shown neither the intent nor the enthusiasm of using Arjun as main MBT if one looks at the number of Arjuns ordered and the statements coming form Army regarding this. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed regarding this

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I don't think DGMF or Army has shown neither the intent nor the enthusiasm of using Arjun as main MBT if one looks at the number of Arjuns ordered and the statements coming form Army regarding this. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed regarding this
he is not interested in Arjun tank this was stated by him several times before the trial.

He has shown his preference for T series tank.

Even through T series tank are inferior to Arjun tank.

better send him on promotion to afganistan.

AJSINGH

but i still feel ,it cant just be favouritism that IA is playing with T-90S , some serious thought have gone behind the purchase , what about the pakistani angle , T-90S was quickly bought when pakistani were buying T-80 ,and that was 10 years ( way before Arjun was ready)

Agantrope

Exactly, When th mass-production of the arjun starts it price will come down to atleast 12-15% (as per my internal sources). Moreover the indigenous component level need to reach the 80% mark as this is the main concern now in the army camp (this is 55% now). T-90s purchase cant be viewed in a other angle, tank fleet need to be maintained, it is better that we can have T-90s as T-72s repalcement

san

Exactly, When th mass-production of the arjun starts it price will come down to atleast 12-15% (as per my internal sources). Moreover the indigenous component level need to reach the 80% mark as this is the main concern now in the army camp (this is 55% now). T-90s purchase cant be viewed in a other angle, tank fleet need to be maintained, it is better that we can have T-90s as T-72s repalcement
That is always good to have higher local component level and 100% is everybody wish. But just curosity, what is the compononet of T90S that is indgenous. Do we manufature all 100% parts of engine, transmission, gun and FCS of T90S in Avadi. Is all the gage, electronics, wiring, sensors are indian. Army still used some old Russian URAL heavy duty truck and no indian private /public company make spare parts of this vehicle.

Agantrope

That is always good to have higher local component level and 100% is everybody wish. But just curosity, what is the compononet of T90S that is indgenous. Do we manufature all 100% parts of engine, transmission, gun and FCS of T90S in Avadi. Is all the gage, electronics, wiring, sensors are indian. Army still used some old Russian URAL heavy duty truck and no indian private /public company make spare parts of this vehicle.
Around 10-15% are indigenous present in the T-90, mainly on the armour and some home made some electronics

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The T-90s which will be licence-manufactured in India will have 'Kanchan' module instead of Russian module in Armour, Gun, wiring, and electronics are made in India but FCS ( Probably ) & K-5 are imported..

Last edited:

Anshu Attri

Country flag
60 Arjuns of the 43 Armoured Regiment pictured for the first time in one photo..... Cover Image for an upcoming feature in India-Today

Courtesy: Sandeep Unnithan

Agantrope

60 Arjuns of the 43 Armoured Regiment pictured for the first time in one photo..... Cover Image for an upcoming feature in India-Today

Courtesy: Sandeep Unnithan
To tell this is purely fake, But still this is nice, makes the enemies to piss on their pants

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
While the induction of a further 124 Arjuns is a positive event one must not let the current hysteria take away pressure from the DRDO to continue with improvements in armor, mobility and targeting packages on the tank , the reason why the Leo has remained one of the top notch fighting vehicles in the world is due to constant upgrades with new features being added almost every year .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
While the induction of a further 124 Arjuns is a positive event one must not let the current hysteria take away pressure from the DRDO to continue with improvements in armor, mobility and targeting packages on the tank , the reason why the Leo has remained one of the top notch fighting vehicles in the world is due to constant upgrades with new features being added almost every year .
DRDO also implement the same things in Arjun mk-1, As the further 124 Arjuns will have ERA and Lahat Anti tank missiles..

Last edited:

bhramos

Country flag
Nics pics,
but only get 56 tanks in picture not 60 tanks.........

plugwater

Nics pics,
but only get 56 tanks in picture not 60 tanks.........
I can see only 14 tanks. remaining are copy and paste. First row and last row are copies and there is only one batch other two are copies.

BunBunCake

I'd like to share, some interesting thing someone pointed out.
The Arjun was experiencing technical faults and was dis-satisfactory to the IA. And people laughed at us for these delays and that India cannot product a decent tank.

I haven't seen another country test it's tanks with rigor as the IA did ;)
In fact, I haven't seen one of our neighbors ever conducting tests like the IA with their equipment.

And best of all, those issues with Arjun are solved. I wonder how people find out their mistakes without testing their inventory once in a while. (*cough* Pakistan *cough*)

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
DRDO also implement the same things in Arjun mk-1, As the further 124 Arjuns will have ERA and Lahat Anti tank missiles..
When i talked to the DRDO team at DEFEXPO i asked them regarding upgrades for the target acquisition and other electronics packages in the Arjun, the equipment used in the production arjun is essentially 1995 vintage(same as the prototype) while the world of electronics has undergone a revolution.They had no answer except that they were exploring various options. while using older electronics is common in many western tanks as well one must not lose sight of the upgrades.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles