Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
I prefer CAS aircrafts and attack helicopters to do that job....SU 30 MKI can carry the CBU 105 for anti armour role and bhramos with a warhead containing anti armour warheads and anti armour mines.
Well P2P dedicated CAS aircrafts under the army would be a far better idea than having it under the air force. The army knows exactly where CAS is required and can deploy aircrafts instead of asking the air force every time. I think the MiG 27 is the CAS aircraft and Jaguar will most probably used for DPSA roles.

The Dhruv and Chetaah carry gun pods and rocket pods which will come handy in CAS roles.
I thought both underwent the same DARIN upgrades and it was the range that made the jags more effective.

Army do consider CAS fixed wing also big as MTA for transport, And this will gradually be approved looking at Army`s need..

All of this been discussed and HELL we have a separate thread ?

Why the CAS is in MBT thread ?

captonjohn

Country flag
I prefer CAS aircrafts and attack helicopters to do that job....SU 30 MKI can carry the CBU 105 for anti armour role and bhramos with a warhead containing anti armour warheads and anti armour mines.
All can do their job well but battlefield has many complex situations where no all can work that's why we should have many solutions. SU-30MKI can do their job when it will need to blow a full tank regiment where tanks are not too much sprayed. MKI do this type of job, a attack helo can't do this job. That's why we need other alternatives too, different operation needs different weapons and here we must get expertise.

Articles