Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Don't get too excited. In 2009 also, Columbia sent out an RFI to DRDO for Arjun MBT, as part of their Tank procurement plan. They sent many RFIs to many foreign tank OEMs, just as we sent many RFI's to foreign OEMs for FRCV in 2017. As usual, Nothing materialized after that.

tribendra bisoi

LOL replies

wonder y they are not going for US abrams
All pakistani 5th generation warrior gathered there .. Arjun mk1a got everything a modern tank should have in a price range of rs 20-25 crores ... Its mk1 version outperformed T90 in every parameters in Rajastan . We must learn from covaxin vaccine saga on how viciously lobby works when you have a big market ... It applies to our all defence products .. Parikar saved Tejas fighter jet from being thrown to garbage container .. And we are witnessing same attitude for LCH , LUH , artilleries , assult rifles ...

Trololo

Country flag
Anything on the longer ARDE smoothbore gun ?
If it's going up against leopard a7 + that l55 will be hard to beat.
Mk1A will technically lose out due to:
1> Inadeguate main gun power from the 120mm ARDE rifled gun.
2> Poor Indian APFSDS rounds.
3> Inability to fire HEAT rounds due to 1.
4> Glaring armour weakness at the gunner's sight.
5> Possibly better BMS fielded by the K2, Leclerc, and Leo2 (not sure on this one).

But its not that Bahrain needs the uber best for everything. So if our govt can push this deal through it will be a major win for us. But as such I have mixed feelings about the Arjun Mk1A.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Saar, can't we make a deal with Bahrain to fund Arjun mk2 prototypes and give them some local manufacturing in return?
You mean we go the Russkie way?

Ask for funding from Bahrain in return of them being our production partner? But its not like they don't have a choice. Moreover the numbers they would order would be peanuts for us and the financial part would not work for us.

Fulcrum 007

Country flag
Hello I am new, I have some doubts regarding Arjun, please clarify

✓Is the gun sight a weakspot?

✓Are those storage boxes on the turret side? Not actual armour?

Curious droid

Country flag
Hello I am new, I have some doubts regarding Arjun, please clarify

✓Is the gun sight a weakspot?

✓Are those storage boxes on the turret side? Not actual armour?
Bruh, all those so called weak spots which you can find online fabricated by some wheel chair generals in Reddit or from war thunder are just an speculation there's no proof regarding that. Even leo2a4 has such sight ,even in arjun the sights would have been reinforced with armour steel in the back (DMR-1700 probably) . Do u think that army would induct an tank which some wheel chair/keyboard generals could point out?

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
A bit of twist here.

India is in talks with Bahrain. We are offering them Arjun.
Arjun MK2 has a good potential. It has been inducted (though in fewer numbers than we wanted) and has proven its mettle in all trials. Though there are not many countries that would want a 60-ton battle tank. Arjun is reasonably priced and if China can sell 'variants' to so many countries, I don't see why we shouldn't sell Arjun MK2s to anyone interested.

HVF should start a marketing division that can connect directly with the countries' governments and promote the product.

SARTHAK

Country flag
Arjun MK2 has a good potential. It has been inducted (though in fewer numbers than we wanted) and has proven its mettle in all trials. Though there are not many countries that would want a 60-ton battle tank. Arjun is reasonably priced and if China can sell 'variants' to so many countries, I don't see why we shouldn't sell Arjun MK2s to anyone interested.

HVF should start a marketing division that can connect directly with the countries' governments and promote the product.
"there are not many countries that would want a 60-ton battle tank" that depends very strictly upon the terrain , Abrams too are very heavy , it is just that india's terrian is super diverse ,k2 is 55t

Super falcon

Country flag
These Arjun tanks are very heavy and have few flaws even I indian army not inducting them in full numbers and there are reports they have issues in manufacturing phases too

It will be India's big mistake to bring these glheavy metals for easy targets by VT 4 latest tank in pak inventory

Fire and groove

Country flag
Leo2A4 had an armour block behind the gunner's sight though. "Armour" is frankly not as important these days as the gun since armour is at a technological disparity against the gun. The real flaw and a bizarre one at that is arjun's rifled gun, singlehandidly trivialising the effectiveness of the tank. You can work with substandard armour, you can't work with a substandard gun. Not unless you're willing to get pummeled just to dish out punishment.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles