Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
Agreed but will the Germans comply is the million dollar question. I for one, have no trust in those libtard cucks.
I heard Rheinmetall is interested in Make in India initiative Proposed by PM Narendra Modi and are willing to invest in Indian Defense industry.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Rhinemetal has just expressed interest in setting up a factory in UP Defence corridor (which is promoted by Yogi goverment) for production of Lynx KF41 if selected for FICV programme.
However, it is a very good choice since it modular platform in the weight category of 34-42 tons and is not amphibious.
Originally in late 2000s, the army was looking for a 18-20 ton FICV with amphibious capability as a relacement of BMP. However, this project is delayed by more than 10 years and there is no clarity on the current requirement

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Noob question how does Type-99A2 compare to Arjuna MK1 and MK1A🤔? When will Army gonna approve Arjuna MK1A?
TLDR; from what is known pretty much equal overall... less in post-penetration survivability but has better frontal armour layout & much superior gun. However likely inferior suspension, thus mobility & mobile accuracy. BTW Arjun Mark1 is as vintage as Bhishma & Ajeya.

silentlurker

Country flag
I'm confused on the purpose of Arjun MK-1A. Isn't the Arjun 2 already developed? Why complicate your army with another variant instead of just buying more MK-2s?

WolfPack86

Country flag
Indian Defence Updates : INS Himgiri Launched,18 F/A18 Navy Lease,6400Cr Arjun-MK1A Order,OPV Launch

WarriorIndian

Country flag
I'm confused on the purpose of Arjun MK-1A. Isn't the Arjun 2 already developed? Why complicate your army with another variant instead of just buying more MK-2s?
Arjun 2 has been rechristened as MK1-A. The real Arjun 2 is still on the drawing board.

Trololo

Country flag
Arjun 2 has been rechristened as MK1-A. The real Arjun 2 is still on the drawing board.
Afaik the Arjun-2 will have a re-designed turret. Options exist from radical Armata like auto-turret to something like a traditional Leo2A7 kind of a deal. The Mk1A is basically a Leo2A4 with upgraded systems and bolt on ERA. I also won't be surprised if we see a 130mm cannon on the Arjun Mk2.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Afaik the Arjun-2 will have a re-designed turret. Options exist from radical Armata like auto-turret to something like a traditional Leo2A7 kind of a deal. The Mk1A is basically a Leo2A4 with upgraded systems and bolt on ERA. I also won't be surprised if we see a 130mm cannon on the Arjun Mk2.
Uchhal mat vai... Let's see.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
PS: Lol. They're really scared of Quality Control lapses...
HVF will then build ‘First of Production Model. These five tanks will be put through General Service Quality Requirement (GSQR) evaluation by the Army and will accord Bulk Production Clearance (BPC) if found satisfactory. Once BPC was given, production would be done as per an agreed schedule, the official said.
Also indigenous content is still no more can 50%. Some desi alternatives are available but under various stages of operationalisation... So expect the price to come down once the 1500hp engine etc. are being used.
Observing that if subsequently more numbers were ordered beyond 118, it would immensely benefit the domestic industry and the ‘Make in India’ effort, the official added that the indigenisation content could also progressively go to 70% with more numbers.

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
PS: Lol. They're really scared of Quality Control lapses...

Also indigenous content is still no more can 50%. Some desi alternatives are available but under various stages of operationalisation... So expect the price to come down once the 1500hp engine etc. are being used.
Drdo has also developed GMS and external laser designator hmm.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles