Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
:lol::lol::rofl::thumb:
lol "funny men"
Ok, again slowly, mayby You will be able to understand:

specially for you I coloured the same important part on photos.

No "steps" on Arjun inner wall :)
BTW: you are serious sily person - you mistake your imaginery "slopped armour" whit stupid Arjun roof plate (indeed slopped but in horizon not vertical). Look at those electric light (on upper photo turn of, on bottom photo turn on) it's the same electric light. And after slopped ornage FCS box is vision block (on turret roof).
If the day light is SO VISIBLE, Why you are coloring it???

There is no BS day light, it is the shadow of the small upturned yellow plate attached to the bottom of the Orange FCS.

The shadow further confirms armor block wall behind it.

Of course you won't answer any other question in my above post, because you don't have ay answers for them. look at the post above and explain it also.

Don't display your gutter dog lineage by using gutter language, If you cannot explain all questions in the post no-4877 say I can't and quit.

Last edited:

militarysta

Where is day light?
On this thin mettal plate under slopped orange FCS part. It's takes from vision block direct above it. And there is no slopped armour. Just vertical wall

militarysta

If the day light is SO VISIBLE, Why you are coloring it???
Becouse you are completly stupid and blind and you are not able to see OBVIOUS thinks.

Of course you won't answer any other question in my above post, because you don't have ay answers for them. look at the post above and explain it also.
I posted dozen photos and draws which are explain anything. Only person so stupid taht is unable to see this is you.
There is no necessery to explain becouse ON PHOTO IS CLEARLY VISIBLE VISION BLOCK AFTER SLOPPED ORANGE FCS PART AND THOSE BLOCK IS ABOVE GUNNER MAIN SIGHT VISION BLOCK, AND ITS CLEARLY VISIBLE TAHAT THERE IS NO SLOPPED OR STEPS ARMOUR

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Becouse you are completly stupid and blind and you are not able to see OBVIOUS thinks.

I posted dozen photos and draws which are explain anything. Only person so stupid taht is unable to see this is you.
There is no necessery to explain becouse ON PHOTO IS CLEARLY VISIBLE VISION BLOCK AFTER SLOPPED ORANGE FCS PART AND THOSE BLOCK IS ABOVE GUNNER MAIN SIGHT VISION BLOCK, AND ITS CLEARLY VISIBLE TAHAT THERE IS NO SLOPPED OR STEPS ARMOUR

if you cannot answer my other questions in post-4877 means your dozen photos and draws are useless garbage,

You post a draw wit markings A, B, C all in the same vertical line one by one,

In the photo A is 300 mm in front of (depth away )from point C, for which you have no excuse, then what is the ponit?

militarysta

[

You post a draw wit markings A, B, C all in the same vertical line one by one,

In the photo A is 300 mm in front of (depth away )from point C, for which you have no excuse, then what is the ponit?
Becouse A -vision block is on one VERTICAL line whit C - wision block of the gunner main sight -those "C" have samo depth -circa 30cm and "depth" of vision block is circa 5cm. part B- FCS slopped ornage box is slopped before those line (taking point from Tc seat) and it's started just direct above oculars from gunner.

YOU HAD MARKED THOSE LINE (on dotted red on left right photo) HERE:

/vison block
/ .................fcs part
/..............slopped
/............above
/day light
/
/gunner sight vision block

Last edited:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Becouse A -vision block is on one VERTICAL line whit C - wision block of the gunner main sight -those "C" have samo depth -circa 30cm and "depth" of vision block is circa 5cm. part B- FCS slopped ornage box is slopped before those line (taking point from Tc seat) and it's started just direct above oculars from gunner.

YOU HAD MARKED THOSE LINE (on dotted red on left right photo) HERE:

/vison block
/ .................fcs part
/..............slopped
/............above
/day light
/
/gunner sight vision block

A, B, C are in vertical line only in your drawing , But in the photograph A is 300 mm horizontal distance away from C.That was what I meant.
I meant the HORIZANTAL difference of 300 mm in the position, not the vertical.

If you push B and C 300 mm back from the position of A in horizontal distance the problem is solved, I hope you understand.

Last edited:

militarysta

A, B, C are in vertical line only in your drawing , But in the photograph A is 300 mm horizontal distance away from C.That was what I meant.
I meant the HORIZANTAL difference of 300 mm in the position, not the vertical.
Greate but you still does not understand. Imagine that you are sitting on gunner seat -yes? So you are sitting on hise seat. In front of your head you have main gunner sight vision block (marked on green) those sight have shape like a box whit protruding from it the binoculars. All has deepth more then 30cm for box + some depth for the binoculars. Above your head is those slopped orange fcs part -it's placed whit some angle (slopped) becouce your task is to use it while you are sitting on your place. So it's slopped and above your main sight vision block (green). But slopping those orange slopped FCS part means that lower edge (this closer to the green vision sight block) is on one vertical line whit front edge of this green sight, but slopping means that upper part of this "orange slopped FCS part" is above your head. After those orange FCS part you have space when on turret roof is placed those vision blokc - it's unable to see it from your seat but it's there and you are able to see some day light under lower edge those slopped orange FCS part. You "green" main sight vision block have some depth - it's significant (more then 30cm) -and in end of that depth you have front plate of your green sightvision block and vertical placed inner backplate from armour after main sight. Above this front plate of your green sight vision block is placed those small roof placed vision block -becouse it's deepth is small (circa 5-8cm) it's on one line whit part of the green sight vision bloc and slighty before orange slopped FCS part -becouse it's slopped, there is place to put both parts in one vertical line whit green vision blokc.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Greate but you still does not understand. Imagine that you are sitting on gunner seat -yes? So you are sitting on hise seat. In front of your head you have main gunner sight vision block (marked on green) those sight have shape like a box whit protruding from it the binoculars. All has deepth more then 30cm for box + some depth for the binoculars. Above your head is those slopped orange fcs part -it's placed whit some angle (slopped) becouce your task is to use it while you are sitting on your place. So it's slopped and above your main sight vision block (green). But slopping those orange slopped FCS part means that lower edge (this closer to the green vision sight block) is on one vertical line whit front edge of this green sight, but slopping means that upper part of this "orange slopped FCS part" is above your head. After those orange FCS part you have space when on turret roof is placed those vision blokc - it's unable to see it from your seat but it's there and you are able to see some day light under lower edge those slopped orange FCS part.

You can clearly see the dark shadow of the upturned yellow plate attached to the bottom of the orange FCS block falling on the white wall of the protruding armor block in PIC No-3 Below.
You "green" main sight vision block have some depth - it's significant (more then 30cm) -and in end of that depth you have front plate of your green sightvision block and vertical placed inner backplate from armour after main sight. Above this front plate of your green sight vision block is placed those small roof placed vision block -becouse it's deepth is small (circa 5-8cm) it's on one line whit part of the green sight vision bloc and slighty before orange slopped FCS part -becouse it's slopped, there is place to put both parts in one vertical line whit green vision blokc.
If you magnify the photo you can clearly see the shadows of the electrical pipes behind the orange FCS part, If there is no extra armor block behind orange FCS , on which object is the shadow falling?

The point C is 900 mm from the Tc's seat back as per the head measurement supplied by Dejawolf on whose credentials you place so much faith. The seat back is 2500 mm from the front vertical armor plate above the gun mantel plate. SO 2500-900 mm=1600mm.
The cutaway for main sight takes 700 mm LOS thickness away.

SO 1600-700mm=900 mm. This 900 mm space only increases above the green colored Gunner's main sight block till the roof. The shadow of the electrical cables on the white inner wall of the protruding armor block is evidence to that .

Take a good look at the picture below.You have written pic-3 on the additional armor block behind the main sight.

Now explain what is the dark space(Arjun inner roof) on the right side of the armor block. And why that dark ARJUn inner roof is higher than the white armor cloumn on which you wrote pic-3.

It is on the side of the protruding inner armor block behind the Gunner's day and night Main sight a black cellphone type instrument and and a white rectangular box type blue transparent glass (optical glass) instrument is bolted.

So denying there is no additional armor block behind the main sight to compensate for the 700 mm main sight cut away is seriously wrong.

The reason is the armor block extends inward to add thickness behind the main sight. On the right side of it the frontal armor column's thickness besides the main sight alone is good enough.

You can clearly see the dark shadow of the upturned yellow plate attached to the bottom of the orange FCS block falling on the white wall of the protruding armor block in PIC No-3 above.

If you look at the left side of the inclined orange FCS part you can see it's shadow falling on the same white armored block. And an inch to the left of this shadow you can clearly see the sharp edge of the protruding armored block

But look at the picture below the small orange plate is folded and there is shadow.The white armor wall with armor numb nuts is clearly visible . For me it is further evidence that there is around 900 mm LOS armor thickness behind the main sight.

Even if you deduct 100 odd mm for any error there still remains a substantial protection for area behind main sight.

So if you don't have any logical rebuttal for these points let us stop this debate.I too won't post any further on this matter as no more explanation is going to change anything

Neither you nor me own this thread, If you have convincing proof to the contrary post it in a dignified manner with decent choice of words.

Otherwise just leave it. I am not pushing my opinion on anybody,neither am I asking you to accept my views. I just post what I see in the picture.

LET OTHER PEOPLE POST SOMETHING USEFUL IN THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

militarysta

If you magnify the photo you can clearly see the shadows of the electrical pipes behind the orange FCS part, If there is no extra armor block behind orange FCS , on which object is the shadow falling?
Show mi those photo, and where is placed "the object" which is "the shadow falling".

If there is no extra armor block behind orange FCS , on which object is the shadow falling?[/.quote]
Turet roof vision block :)
And rest of bottom holder for pericope placed ther in some really erly Arjun prototype.
But beby steps - firstli show me this place on photo

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Show mi those photo, and where is placed "the object" which is "the shadow falling".

If there is no extra armor block behind orange FCS , on which object is the shadow falling?[/.quote]
Turet roof vision block :)
And rest of bottom holder for pericope placed ther in some really erly Arjun prototype.
But beby steps - firstli show me this place on photo
It is already there on the photos posted by you

Just magnify by 200 percent the picture above in the name for ARJUN FOR DUMMIES and complete the triangle connecting the points A,B , C in the crew compartment photo.

You can clearly see the shadow of the cables on the white wall behind them , right below the lights, just above the letter W (in WWW.blue mango films) which is certainly no the Turret Side inner armor wall of the ARJUN.

Last edited:

Dejawolf

Arjun FCS configuration is similar to the one in leopard 1. it too has the gunners fire control inputs box at an angle to ease access.
also, FCS box in leopard 1 is above gunners head, unlike in the leopard 2 which has a large armour block above gunner and behind main sight, and the FCS box is now instead located to the left of the gunner because there's no room above gunners head. if there was an armor block above gunners head, there would be no room in the arjun for the FCS input panel to be above the gunners head, especially since arjun turret is wider and lower than leopard 2A4 turret.

militarysta

Those photos explain averything -no slopped armour after orange FCS box:

this orange FCS box have a metal holder (plate) but after it there is a periscope in roof - I know about what ersakthivel is thinkin - he is suspected armour block placed on the right of the periscope in turret roof like this:

militarysta

The fact is other than a white armored block nothing is behind the orange dialed FCS box of ARJUN.

I challenge anyone to prove that there is only empty space behind the orange FCS box,from the photo below lack of any dark shadows behind the orange FCS box in pic-3 shows that there is no emoty space behind it, but only a white armored column on whose sides the lens like blue optics is bolted on .

If there is empty space behind the orange FCS part how can be that blue optic bolted on to the empty space?, so close behind the orange fcs? also if the picture is magnified by two or three times we can clearly see the shadows of the cables falling on the white armored wall behind the orange FCS box . IF there is only empty space how can shadows fall on empty space?

So even protection is there for ARJUN turret front aka LEO 2 as far as I know,
You had this explain many times.
Here You have clearly visible empty space after slopped ornage FCS part. It's wthoud doubt visible on photo.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
You had this explain many times.
Here You have clearly visible empty space after slopped ornage FCS part. It's wthoud doubt visible on photo.

You have marked Tc's seat back position well in front of what 2000 mm distance behind ARJUN's front gun mantel plate.

In reality it is at 2500 mm distance behind ARJUN's front gun mantel plate in the scaled picture below. The Tc seat back is right below the vertical standing hatch.But in your picture you have marked the seat back well in front of crew hole center.

If the markings are proper we can clearly identify the distance from the front of the armor wall behind the gunner's binocular ans the depth of LOS armor behind main sight, i.e behind orange FCS part.

Mark this distance properly and you will see the real thickness of armor behind main sight.

-----------------------------------

In the pic no-3

If there is empty space behind the orange FCS part how can be that blue optic bolted on to the empty space?, so close behind the orange fcs? also if the picture is magnified by two or three times we can clearly see the shadows of the cables falling on the white armored wall behind the orange FCS box . IF there is only empty space how can shadows fall on empty space?

This picture clearly shows the binocular like gunner vision is at an offset away from the left side edge of the main sight.

So there is a possibility that the so called daylight left of the orange FCS may be coming not from behind the main sight but left of the main sight.Since this light is aligned with left side edge of the main gunner sight box having those binoculars

Last edited:

Dejawolf

You have marked Tc's seat back position well in front of what 2000 mm distance behind ARJUN's front gun mantel plate.

In reality it is at 2500 mm distance behind ARJUN's front gun mantel plate in the scaled picture below. The Tc seat back is right below the vertical standing hatch.But in your picture you have marked the seat back well in front of crew hole center.

If the markings are proper we can clearly identify the distance from the front of the armor wall behind the gunner's binocular ans the depth of LOS armor behind main sight, i.e behind orange FCS part.

Mark this distance properly and you will see the real thickness of armor behind main sight.

-----------------------------------

In the pic no-3

This picture clearly shows the binocular like gunner vision is at an offset away from the left side edge of the main sight.

So there is a possibility that the so called daylight left of the orange FCS may be coming not from behind the main sight but left of the main sight.
the "blue optic" is the commanders panoramic sight, and is mounted to the roof. it's used by the commander to search for targets, and hand them off to the gunner...

pmaitra

@ersakthivel, I think that daylight is coming from what looks like a set of periscopes that are placed in a circle about the edge of the hatch-hole. In that particular instance, we have daylight coming in from all the periscopes, so they are all behind the main sight, as well as left and right, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
the "blue optic" is the commanders panoramic sight, and is mounted to the roof. it's used by the commander to search for targets, and hand them off to the gunner...
AFAIK in this picture the blue optics is more than 300 mm below the inner roof level of Turret and mounted on the sides of the white wall behind the orange FCS.

And there is an oil leak type line right above the optics suggesting it is more than 300 mm below the height of the roof.

We can clearly see the dark space of the roof well above the height of the blue optics, i.e panoramic sight.

If we download the picture and magnify it by 300 percent we can clearly see the (what I think!)armored column behind the orange FCS coming down from the roof level right up to the gunner main sight box back.

If there is no armored block behind the orange FCS part, there must be dark shadows behind the orange sloped FCS box in pic -3 just like the dark shadows 300 mm above the blue optic comanders's panoramic vision,at the turret roof .

Last edited:

militarysta

If we download the picture and magnify it by 300 percent we can clearly see the (what I think!)armored column behind the orange FCS coming down from the roof level right up to the gunner main sight box back.

If there is no armored block behind the orange FCS part, there must be dark shadows behind the orange sloped FCS box in pic -3 just like the dark shadows 300 mm above the blue optic comanders's panoramic vision,at the turret roof .
No, it's not. All those parts are mounted to the turret roof. Tehre is no big armoured block behind Tc head. And definetly tehre is no armour after slopped FCS part, but behind those turret roof vision block. All is visible on photos, and really here is nothing to add.
Here on upper left:

And here:

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

AFAIK the pic no-3 in post no-4898 is something that cannot be explained away by any poster who says there is only empty space behind orange FCS box.

If this pic- no-3 is magnified 300 percent we can clearly see the blue optic system mounted on the sides of the white block of wall behind orange FCS box.

The oil leak or grease type vertical line above this blue optic mounted sideways on white block clearly shows there is no empty space behind the orange FCS.

The picture aboveis further proof that there is a white block behind the orange FCS box , whether it is armored or not depends upon army GSQR , not on simply guesses.

At the top left corner of the photograph , just left of the shadow of the orange FCS box we can see the same white block slanting inwards.because it's sharp edge is not vertical.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles