Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

militarysta

Maybe now this Paki can stop embarrassing himself :pound:.
And what those part really mean?
India got copied Konkat-1 ERA and Kontakt-5 ERA - dimension and (at least in indian copy Kontakt-1 ERA case) internal layout is teh same as in Soviet enalogues. Both ERA now are not very modern. Kontakt-1 is obsolate and con be enought only versus single HEAT warhed, Kontakt-5 is not really sphisticated now. What is the most important: there is no explanation about test result - just "Performance (..) has been demnstrated". More or les unkown result.

What again is importnat - in NATO countries in half of the 1990s there was DOI ammo (APFSDS) able to perofrate Kontakt-5 without loosing penetration capabilities, the same new modern double HEAT warhed where introduced in to service - devleoped to overcome "new" Kontakt-5.
Pakistan and Indian armen is one-two decades ago in compare to the NATO ones, but sooner or layter sucht modern ammo (immune on ERA) will be zable for both countries, and what then? :)

Twinblade

Country flag
from DRDO, i posted it two pages ago
Plenty of them:

Can be?
I have good news and bad news for you guys. The bad news is that both of you keep banging on throughly outdated info. The good news is that you guys can be corrected if you wish to be.

From Dr Saraswat's earlier interview in early 2012, the Arjun FSAPDS in service (in 2012) had an RHAe penetration of 400mm which was being supplanted with 500mm RHAe ammo which was in production back then. The next round (600mm RHAe penetration) was already in development in 2012 and it's estimated entry in to service should coincide with mk2 production.

There's no cure for being obtuse, however it can be corrected with proper measures.

militarysta

Yes weird logic.

Because it looks like K5 it must be like K5, wow!
Now, the answer is - becuse both types Indian ERA have dimensions and weight almoust exatly teh same as Soviet/Russian Kontakt-1 and Kontakt-5 and in cse the first one even known internal structure is exatly the same as in Kontakt-1 case.
Both looks like Indian copied ex Soviet ERA. Even given by DRDO values for CP (capability of the protection) are the same as for soviet ERA....

Dazzler

I have good news and bad news for you guys. The bad news is that both of you keep banging on throughly outdated info. The good news is that you guys can be corrected if you wish to be.

From Dr Saraswat's earlier interview in early 2012, the Arjun FSAPDS in service (in 2012) had an RHAe penetration of 400mm which was being supplanted with 500mm RHAe ammo which was in production back then. The next round (600mm RHAe penetration) was already in development in 2012 and it's estimated entry in to service should coincide with mk2 production.

There's no cure for being obtuse, however it can be corrected with proper measures.

the problem is that this is the info available, and some of it is not that outdated at all, images from 2012 also available.

Ordnance Factory Board

ladder

Country flag
Now, the answer is - becuse both types Indian ERA have dimensions and weight almoust exatly teh same as Soviet/Russian Kontakt-1 and Kontakt-5 and in cse the first one even known internal structure is exatly the same as in Kontakt-1 case.
Both looks like Indian copied ex Soviet ERA. Even given by DRDO values for CP (capability of the protection) are the same as for soviet ERA....
He said just by looking. So, without the addl. info you added in the post can you come to that conclusion.

It may be that DRDO copied K-5, but again he said they are imported from Russia.
Now, why on earth we copied the K-5 if we are going to import it?

So, without going into details, it can be concluded that he was just bluffing.

militarysta

The good news is that you guys can be corrected if you wish to be.
From my polish point of viev any info about Indian tank program is interesting :) So any good news is welcome.

From Dr Saraswat's earlier interview in early 2012, the Arjun FSAPDS in service (in 2012) had an RHAe penetration of 400mm which
Known pictures of the DRDO Arjun FSAPDS shwon somthing whit circa 300-400mm RHA max. I'm meaning internal layout -mostly penetrator lenght and SABOT build. To short, to conventional sabot in build to achive better results.

was being supplanted with 500mm RHAe ammo which was in production back then.
Possible - the simplest way was to use indian-israeli 125mm sabot and penetrator and converted it to 120mm round, it's so obvious solution that Im was interested why Indian industry didn't do this. As You posted - indian industry did :)
BTW: the same story was in Poland - based on polish PRONIT sucessor 125mm round was developed slighty improved new "gap filter" 120mm smothbore APFSDS-T round - I had posted about this here:
http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/land-forces/39363-tank-guns-ammunition-40.html

BTW2 -any picture of this round will be welcome :)

The next round (600mm RHAe penetration) was already in development in 2012 and it's estimated entry in to service should coincide with mk2 production.
Picture or it doesn't exist. :p Whit foregin support it is possible of course (developed sucht round).

the point: frontal pakistani T-80UD armour even without ERA is obove both values: 500 and 600mm RHA... Of course any tank ccan be destroyed from sides but for frontal arc (+/- 30. from longitiudal axis) T-80UD will be immune even without ERA for sucht APFSDS. Im more the sure about this.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
August-December 2012
Aerosol detonation inhibition by land contour and protective structures. DRDO has developed FAE technology for development
of various warheads with varying fuel quantity. Thermobaric Explosive Technology Thermobaric (TB) weapons are reported to be
effective against soft targets in enclosed spaces like tunnel, bunker, field fortifications, underground structures, buildings, machine gun posts, etc. TB weapons are developed using advanced and refined fuel air explosive techniques to create sustained temperature and overpressure on detonation. DRDO has carried out a feasibility study for preparation and evaluation of solid- and liquid-based TB explosive compositions. Compositions produce enhanced blast and thermal effects. DRDO is currently engaged in developing TB explosives for application in warheads for tanks and guided missiles.
Page-9: http://drdo.gov.in/drdo/pub/techfocus/2012/TF_August_2012_WEB.pdf

mehrotraprince

Country flag
you didnt get the point..

offcourse it is not based on t-80ud who said it is?

the 5000 m is the TOTAL range that the round can cover, however, the standard estimated penetration is usually calculated for 2000 m, The longer the round travels, the less the penetration.

from DRDO, i posted it two pages ago

I will again insist that this is no more than a poster (picture which you have posted) and figures are too old. Wait for few days I will provide an updated figure and with source, that will surprise many people.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
The ERA on Arjun Mk-II is incremental development from ERA MK-I (on T-72) to ERA Mk-II (on Arjun Mk-II). Please refrain from making false posts. :)
Also, from where did you get the CP of ERA MK-II ? :confused:

Dazzler

I agree, that totally proves the 300 mm RHAe penetration claim.. oh wait, it doesn't. Sit through the interview and educate yourself.
Walk The Talk with DRDO chief VK Saraswat Video: NDTV.com
interview? future plans dont mean the threat is addressed as of now. The sooner the better, if the new round penetrates more than 700 mm @ 2000 m, still it struggles against ERA, and the issue of less penetration still remains

Dazzler

The ERA on Arjun Mk-II is incremental development from ERA MK-I (on T-72) to ERA Mk-II (on Arjun Mk-II). Please refrain from making false posts. :)
Also, from where did you get the CP of ERA MK-II ? :confused:
if thats the case, its not good, K-1 and K-5 ERA are fundamentally very different, one is 1st gen basic ERA with a single explosive layer, the other is 2nd gen heavy ERA with dual explosive layers.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
DRDO is further developing, means its not developed yet, so the one on Arjun is, well, K-5, either way ;)
Please dude stop embarrassing yourself.

MoD Report 2012 (The same year Arjun Mk-II was revealed)
Development of ERA MkII having equivalemt performance as that of T-90 ERA has been completed
[/IMG]

Dazzler

Please dude stop embarrassing yourself.

[/IMG]

and it is a proof of what? is it in service, pics? or its a development project. K-5 is NOT equipped on Indian T-72s they have just a K-1 clone, when it happens, its good.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
and it is a proof of what? is it in service, pics? or its a development project. K-5 is NOT equipped on Indian T-72s they have just a K-1 clone, when it happens, its good.
Development of ERA MK-II is completed way back in 2012 and the performance has been verified against Milan Shaped Charge warhead and AMK-340 which has been demonstrated to the user i.e. Indian Army before being put on the Arjun Mk-II (Prototype 1) which was shown in August, 2012.

Here are the pics of ERA Mk-II equipped Arjun Mk-II. Enjoy :)

Dazzler

Development of ERA MK-II is completed way back in 2012 and the performance has been verified against Milan Shaped Charge warhead and AMK-340 which has been demonstrated to the user i.e. Indian Army before being put on the Arjun Mk-II (Prototype 1) which was shown in August, 2012.

Here are the pics of ERA Mk-II equipped Arjun Mk-II. Enjoy :)

nice pics :)

its either a K-5 clone or a K-5 imported

notice the bolted hull mounts

Global Defence

New threads

Articles