AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
AMCA will be better than F22 and F35 . Indians have no confidence in telling our tech is better but looking at the models and other developments AMCA will be better . The only question in my mind is did IAF going to opt a a flying super computer like F35 in AMCA avionics . In Stealth it's pretty much sure that AMCA will rival F22 .
It's always better to claim when we have something on the tarmac,mere models can't decide which one is better and even when the rivals are flying theirs for decades. We will do so only when we got our prototypes in the flight trails.....

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
F-35 probably... F-22 definitely not (platform wise only, there's 2 decade tech gap).

Mark1 doesn't have side-bays, TVC or hidden engine nozzles like F-22. Edge alignment is also imperfect, owing to attempt of drag reduction.... Mark2 will be technically 6th gen, so again doesn't compare fairly.

I heard they tried doing that while testing all sorts of ballistic missile countermeasures for realistic simulation. We have ever don't that actually (assuming it's true, what I heard).
Mk1 will have TVC afaik

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Mk1 will have TVC afaik
Neither MWF, nor AMCA is likely to have TVC. I asked around & noone knows.

It is know that MWF, AMCA Mark1 & Teddy will all is F414... And that probably has an option for having TVC nozzles (offered on F-18 in original MMRCA). But fact remains that ADA info-placards never showed TVC as a feature in any of them. Unless informed otherwise, its safer to assume it'll all be regular F414. 😔

Ghost hale

Country flag
Neither MWF, nor AMCA is likely to have TVC. I asked around & noone knows.

It is know that MWF, AMCA Mark1 & Teddy will all is F414... And that probably has an option for having TVC nozzles (offered on F-18 in original MMRCA). But fact remains that ADA info-placards never showed TVC as a feature in any of them. Unless informed otherwise, its safer to assume it'll all be regular F414. 😔

2019 Dec- ADA chief. AMCA MK2 with TVC.

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
I don’t know why, but now I feel AMCA’s design is not Ugly but beautiful, idk why my stupid brain called it ugly, it looks super modern and advanced rugged warfighting machine unlike KF-X which looks like Toy.
The problem was we were loving that older model , but this new one is a more practical design , beauty is what works , nobody give a damn about beauty is it don't work.

A dowry bringing black fat wife looks beautiful after counting note stacks.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Meh. Too early for that... Plus who knows what the plans are 🤷‍♂️
As we don’t even have a promo for Tejas aircraft for advertisement. AMCA programme was supposed to get help from ’Murican companies under offset clause, what about that?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
The problem was we were loving that older model , but this new one is a more practical design , beauty is what works , nobody give a damn about beauty is it don't work.

A dowry bringing black fat wife looks beautiful after counting note stacks.
Nah newer AMCA looks super cool and unique unlike others which look like copies of each other.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@Bleh
1614620693375.jpeg

A medium weight fighter should have MTOW of 25-30 tonnes, but if AMCA uses high amount of Composites then why is it’s empty weight 12t Simlar to other medium weight aircraft who don’t use composites that much?

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
@FalconSlayers Composites aren't necessarily any lighter compared to titanium. Structural strength is the major factor in weight... Lower payload will have lower empty weight.
Platform is very similar to Mig-29 by numbers.

Last edited:

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
@FalconSlayers Composites are necessarily that light compared to titanium. Olus structural strength is the major cause of weight... Lower payload will have lower empty weight.
Empty weight means the empty weight without weapons and fuel, so I wondered why is it’s empty weight still 12t.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Empty weight means the empty weight without weapons and fuel, so I wondered why is it’s empty weight still 12t.
Ya BC... So if your jet has to carry a large payload it has to be made structurally sound enough to endure atleast 3G at max payload without getting fucked up! That directly affects how heavily the platform will be built.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles