AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

johnj

AMCA is not a dedicated air superiority fighter. It is a multirole fighter like F-35. But its makers wants to make it as simillar to F-22 and not F-35. AMCA is geometrically slimmer. That's why the difference I think.
In that case f35 is strike fighter, so not geometrically slimmer. AMCA in between f35 and f22 with less fire power and that is not a issue thanks to cats.

The Mimic

Country flag
In that case f35 is strike fighter, so not geometrically slimmer. AMCA in between f35 and f22 with less fire power and that is not a issue thanks to cats.
Yup...USA will only send a F-22 for stealth missions and not F-35. The main advantage of F-22 is its design...it was made for pure stealth air dominance purpose. Where as F-35 has far more sensors, advanced sensor fusion and networking than F-22. F-35 is a stealth bomb truck to say. AMCA will be a fine balance between both.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No both of us are correct. AMCA is not a dedicated air superiority fighter but because India does not have any other 5th gen fighter, it will be intended for air dominance too.
Dude modern aircrafts are multirole they can perform almost any role today . In cold War era different jets were designed for different role.

The Mimic

Country flag
The point is JSF can use heavy bomb and missile and others can't. AMCA can use 600kg weapon[not weapons] and f35 can use 1100kg and can fit 2 aam in its single large weapon point.
AMCA is supposed to carry Brahmos-NG which will weigh 1500 kg. Perhaps DRDO is making a more dedicated minirature version of Brahmos-NG with lesser weight.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Best possible explanation of low internal payload is that AMCA will work in collaboration with other stealthy UCAV. More emphasis is being placed on sensors and range.

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
Can anyone forum members can shed light. Is IAF have a eye on SU-57 ? Because in current form it is not having any substantial tech to match F22 or F35. But we are developing EOTS and also JV with Safran for 125 KN engine. Maybe in future we will acquire SU-57 frame and integrate AMCA EW suite and engines so we can have SU-30 MKI replacement. So in coming years we have both AMCA and SU-57MKI can do duty for us.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Can anyone forum members can shed light. Is IAF have a eye on SU-57 ? Because in current form it is not having any substantial tech to match F22 or F35. But we are developing EOTS and also JV with Safran for 125 KN engine. Maybe in future we will acquire SU-57 frame and integrate AMCA EW suite and engines so we can have SU-30 MKI replacement. So in coming years we have both AMCA and SU-57MKI can do duty for us.
dang I used to have this mentality when I initialy joined dfi :rofl:

I used to simp for su 57 (she looks good btw)

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
dang I used to have this mentality when I initialy joined dfi :rofl:

I used to simp for su 57 (she looks good btw)
Well since we have some issue regarding AMCA armaments that's why I asked the Question. Also our IAF guys said they are interested in its future iteration when we pulled out from FGFA program. Again if we go to SU-57 it should have Radar, EW and Engines from us with only the airframe should come from them otherwise there is no use to have her.

THESIS THORON

Country flag
Well since we have some issue regarding AMCA armaments that's why I asked the Question. Also our IAF guys said they are interested in its future iteration when we pulled out from FGFA program. Again if we go to SU-57 it should have Radar, EW and Engines from us with only the airframe should come from them otherwise there is no use to have her.
iaf was initially going for su 57 only, but sheit happened.

dont take tension, amca will be better than su 57.

Articles